October 2020 Moms

Baby Names

Talk about names has already started.   Baby names deserves its own thread.  Please share your favorite names or not so favorite names.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby Names

• For a boy we’ll use Graeme Wallace, and if it’s a girl Mairi Lynn.
  • For a boy, right now our favorite is Arlo Scott. Go ahead and tell me how much you guys hate it. S/o also loves Wesson, I'm not sure I do. 

I don't have any girls name ready because I'm that sure it's a boy. (So of course it won't be.lol.)
  • Loading the player...
  • @smalltown_squirrel we have thought about Arlo Grey! I also LOVE Declan but my friend just named her son that. For a girl, we will go for Maia Eleonor 
  • @homeport17 How do you pronounce Mairi? I haven’t seen that name before. 

Do you all announce your names to everyone or are you sharing from the comfort of internet anonymity? :) We pick a name but don’t share it because we don’t want to hear other people’s opinions!! Almost backfired though when I was pregnant 2 months ahead of my SIL... we picked Jack after my husband’s grandfather but didn’t tell anyone, and then when they found out they were also having a boy she announced they were using Jack! Worked out in the end—hubby talked to his sis and she decided to pick a different name. 
  • @baseballismyfavoriteseason, we usually tell our parents the name beforehand but not everyone else. 

@smalltown_squirrel, I like Arlo! 

We have tentatively decided on Emmett for a boy. I’m having boy feelings so maybe we won’t have to come up with a girl’s name. 
    We do have our girl’s name list down to 3: Amelia, Lorelei and Sarah. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @profmcgonagall I like Emmett and I also like Amelia and Lorelei! 
  • @profmcgonagall I like Emmett a lot. Mentioned it to DH the other day and just got a grunt and shoulder shrug. 

Riley Jean for a girl and Blaine Andrew for a boy are our top two right now. 

Sometimes we change our minds Over the 9 months and other times we’ve stuck with the same names the whole time so we will see. 
  • @baseballismyfavoriteseason It's the Gaelic form of Mary, pronounced MAH-ree (opposite inflection of Marie).

Both names are nods to my grandparents who were huge role models for me. His name was Wallace (so Graeme Wallace), and hers was Marilynn (Mairi Lynn). I also have the middle name Lynn, so it would carry on.

We've told our families and close friends (the ones who are like family) and they've responded well.
  • coldbrewcoldbrew member
    edited March 2020
    If it’s a boy we will likely go with Gavin. If it’s a girl, heck if I know. That will be tough.

In the past we have shared the names before baby was born, but this time I think we’ll keep it to ourselves. Especially since my MIL already told all of her friends and family we’re expecting when we told her not to.
  • My husband and I have a couple... he has two middle names so we’ve wondered about carrying that on- possibly with one Arabic name that our neighbours can say, and one of our parents names! 

Girl- Emilia Naïma (Grace) Lynn (both our moms names) 

Boy- Josiah or Malachi
  • Eri is our girls name, it's Japanese. We're still not sure for a middle name, I liked Claire and Willow but neither go with Eri very well without sounding choppy. 
    No boys name. We don't tell anyone we know our names for any reason, basically because we're private and nobody deserves to know but us. 
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited March 2020
    I'm putting this in a spoiler so it's less searchable, since this is a public forum and the internet lasts forever.

The first name we have chosen is gender-neutral: Bannon. 
    If it's a girl, the middle name will be Josephine.
    If it's a boy, the middle name will be James (MH's baptism name and his father's middle name).
    Nickname will be Banjo, since MH is a musician.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• We have a close friend with an Emmett, I like it a lot! I actually love Emerson as a gender neutral name but my parents in Italy would not like it one bit 🤷🏻‍♀️ so I'm trying to find names that wouldn't be butchered in Italian!
  • Hubby and I still have a running list. I made him pick his top three of each and this is what we have so far.

girls: Elise, Piper, and Poppy
    boys: Ronan, Ty, and Oliver

On both sides we are surrounded by little boys so we are determined that we won’t need the boys name list since we are hoping for the first girl!! Lol
  • Our girl name is Amelia. Undecided on a middle. Needs to start with a J. 

We don’t have a boy name so naturally baby will probably be a boy. 

I’m a bit crazy and both our boys have the initials JAP. So a boy needs the same initials and I can’t think of a J name I really like now. Possibly Joel, maybe Jacob. 
  • Maren Garnett for a girl. Garnett was my grandma's name. Also, DH's grandma was Mary so while that wasn't intentional, there's a bit of a nod to her too.

We've told both of our moms the girl name.

I like Miles for a boy, but don't feel like I can use an M name for a boy. Middle name is Joseph no matter what so then there would be three MJDs and my daughter (LJD) would be on her own.

I like Silas, DH doesn't. He loves Malachi, I don't.

We were going to go with Ezekiel nn Zeke last time but since then I feel like it's too religious (and I'm not religious so that feels wrong).

I like Hugo but can't imagine an adult Hugo.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MJDsquared you could always go with just Zeke and it sounds a lot less religious. DH really wanted Castiel for DS and I just could not so we settled on Cass and I actually have grown to love it! 
  • @BLuvsE I love the name Violet! 

You guys are probably going to think my names are super boring, but I like really simple, classic names. Girl name will be Anne (Call her Annie). Not sure on mn yet. Boy name is harder. DH wants Jacob. I want Adam. I'm waiting until the right time to fight it. 😝
  • NME44NME44 member
    We always have a running list of names. The boy names I like are Benedict and Morgan but DH doesn’t like Morgan. 

Girl names are Gwendolyn or Liesl. 

Middle names are family names.

I’m getting boy vibes so I think this one will end up being Benedict.
  • @BLuvsE Violet Louise is so sweet! 

@carrotsandpeas3, I don’t think those names are boring at all. They are classic for a reason and will always be a good choice. 

@n@NME44, Gwendolyn was on my long list for girls but MH vetoed 

Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• So many beautiful and fun names here! 

We already know we’re having a girl and we’re naming her Charlotte Claire (middle name after my grandmother) we will call her Charlee. 

We had Waylon or Kane as boy options. But weren’t decided on one yet. Charlotte was are only
    girl choice. I’ve had that name picked for years. 

We did share with our family already and they all love it. We will share with our friends when we finally announce. We have not announced yet. 
  • A name I love that my H doesn't like is Daphne (with the Italian spelling Dafne). Yesterday I found out it was a name that my parents had considered for me ♥️ ugh, why does H hate it?? In any case it could be a boy so this might be pointless after all
  • @NME44 Gwendolyn is so beautiful, I wanted to to use it but my friend beat me to it and now I would just feel like an awful copycat to use it after her. 

I think we settled on Annorah for our girls middle name, we'll see though because I'm horribly indecisive. Still can't think of anything for a boy. 
  • NME44NME44 member
    @kalesix3 @profmcgonagall, thanks! This is our last baby, so whether it’s a boy or a girl, I’m gonna end up sad I didn’t get to use a name. I’ve wanted a baby Ben for a long time, but I actually prefer girl names in general.
  • @BLuvsE Violet was a top name for us for DD almost the whole pregnancy. Didn’t end up using it though. 

DD actually picked the name Riley for a girl when I was like two days pregnant. We were driving in the car and I asked her “how would you feel if there was a baby in my tummy” she said happy and then said it would be a girl and her name would be Riley. I have never ever thought of using that name but I LOVE it. And I love the idea of telling DD2 one day that her 3 year old sister named her. So it stuck and I haven’t searched for another name since. 
  • For a boy we are thinking "Sebastian", and for a girl I love "Nova" but DH hates it:(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NME44NME44 member
    @JLaVO888, one of my patients today chose the name her daughter suggested for her son! It’s a nice, classic name.

my son, on the other hand, has suggested Noodle and Nanja. “It’s like ninja.” Cool.
  • @MJDsquared I love Miles for a boy too, though I would spell it Myles.  
  • I have been thinking about baby names since I was a little girl playing house, so I have very strong feelings about names. Must be not too common (ideally no one else on their class with same name), but common enough that the teacher and everyone else can pronounce it without hesitation (our last name is a nightmare, we're not doing that with the first name, lol). I'm trying to be open to DH's opinions and ideas, though, so the only firm decision (at least 90%) we have so far is middle name for a girl will be Kay. Both Grandmas' names start with k, so it feels like a good honor for them.
  • @wychets, I really like Sebastian and Nora! Hopefully he will come around

@NME44 Nanja made me lol 

I think we fully decided on Sarah Jane if this baby is a girl. 
    I had my NIPT drawn on Monday so hopefully will be finding out in a few weeks! 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Arlo Rafael for boy
    Davina Kailani for a girl
  • @NME44 sounds like trying to talk to the boyfriend about names.  He will give me an honest opinion on anything I suggest, but as soon as I ask him to make any suggestions, it's just joke after joke.  I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with him honestly.
  • Josephine/Josie Rose for a girl and Quentin Reuel for a boy. It literally took years for us to agree on a boy name, I realized I really don't like boy names for some reason! I like the idea of family names, but there isn't a single male family name on either side that I like.

I have a gut feeling we're having a girl, though and I am just in love with the idea of having a little Josie. She would be named after MH's maternal grandmother who passed almost a year ago.

• @profmcgonagall I love Sarah Jane! So classic and pretty. Jane is one of my girl names I'm holding in reserve for sure. 

@ginevere Love Josephine/Josie! And even better that it holds special meaning. I'm in the same general boat with boy names. Very few that I like!
  • @Angela814 my bf keeps suggesting "Godzilla Potato."
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @ginevere I loooove Josephine/Josie!!! I tried to convince hubby on it before we knew #1 was a boy. This time around though, we’ve decided we’re probably doing shorter names since our last name is 9 letters. 
  • We already have a son named Fox. We liked Hayes Louise for a girl last time and that would be our girl’s name this time. If we have a boy, we like Madden, Teague, and Krew.
  • Well we’ve settled on a girl name!   So that’s progress.  Don’t know yet what we’re having but the odds are that it’s a girl.   My husband and his brothers all have girls.  So well see. 

Autumn Joy.