May 2020 Moms
Options

Nursery Design

2»

Re: Nursery Design

• Options
    @queenklau that elephant on a swing is so cute! do you remember where you got it?

@mamaj1220 I haven't used the stickers before so I don't know about removing them but that is in theory a selling point. I am absolutely not artistic and if I tried to paint or stencil something cute myself it would definitely be a mess.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have looked at wall decals but my walls are textured which makes the whole application process more complicated.  
  • Options
    cmhmecmhme member
    @mamaj1220 I used decals in my living room and they came off ok (one solid piece while applying constant light pressure at an angle) but i did have to use goo gone to get the residual stickiness off the wall afterwards. I would test the goo gone on your walls before hand in case its hard on your paint. It did not damage my living room paint at all.
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Options
    @allie456, I made it!

Got a nice size branch, some thin rope and already had the elephant. I found it on pintrest I think. I’ll look and see if I can find the pin for you!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Here you go! I am not a crafty person by any means, but it worked out!

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    sunshinesea22sunshinesea22 member
    edited March 2020
    @mamaj1220 I have not used decals before, but supposedly they are supposed to come off with any issues. 
    @allie456 We have a “woodland animals” theme and this is the one we went with. The owls are grey and blue with white trees: https://etsy.me/1MfLTuN

Edit: tags
  • Options
    We are going with a woodland theme as well! We are in the process of finding a new place and moving so I dont know the logistics of whether little man will have his own room or a section of ours but I am having fun registering for things with foxes involved and cant wait to decorate his space once everything is sorted. 
  • Options
    @queenklau wow I can't believe you made that! It looks fantastic!

@sunshinesea22 those are really ambitious decals! I bet the room looks great. I was thinking of something safari themed but I'm not totally sold.
  • Options
    I have DD’s name in a decal from Etsy, our walls are slightly textured and it has worked great. Haven’t tried removing it yet, but can let you know when we change her room!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @sunshinesea22 - I’m planning to just use a pack n play that has the piece to make it bassinet level. That’s all we used with DD and it worked well so I decided to do the same with this LO. Maybe you could just make sure you have one in case the crib doesn’t come through and you can’t find anything else you like. 
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer We do have a pack and play planned, so we Can at least do that. I’ve also looked at some very reasonably priced full-size travel bassinets that fold easily. We could use that at my in laws shore house this summer too
  • Options
    cmhmecmhme member
    @queenklau I love the pup in the pic! We were taking pictures of our living room yesterday and i had our pup pose in front of the couch :-)
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022