May 2020 Moms

Moms of Multiples - February

2»

Re: Moms of Multiples - February

• @louessbee ooh! nice find!

@ruby696 I have nothing at all in the nursery yet, they just finished painting today, so we can go with funky isolated accent piece 😉
  • I posted this under the appt thread, but I got dx with gestational diabetes today. Any other multiple moms in this sugar free boat? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jkr2019 I don't have my glucose tolerance test until March 2, so I don't know yet. I've been getting severe "crashes" when I go too long without eating enough protein, so I wouldn't be surprised, though.

Also I'm sorry for assuming you would be having a C-section! Vaginal birth with triplets sounds like quite an experience.
  • Oh no worries, that was my assumption too when we found out. I thought all twins and trips were c sections these days! 
  • Is anyone starting to think about when they might want to stop working or stop commuting? Now that I'm almost to the third trimester, I think I might target 30 weeks to request to start working remotely full time. But curious about what others are thinking.
  • @allie456 I am getting seriously uncomfortable at work, but I'll only get 6-8 weeks of half pay once I go out. I'm not sure what to do because I'm not even 30 weeks (28+4). I don't know how I'll keep going for another 7-8 weeks.
  • @allie456 I am working until 34 weeks, which is through March. At least that’s the plan. I am a nanny, and they currently haven’t tried very hard to find a replacement for me, so hopefully I make it that long 😬
  • I'm all over the place. On the one hand I am just so tired at the end of every work day... I don't think I can do this for another two months. On the other hand, I also just fought really hard for a promotion which my boss somewhat reluctantly agreed to give me, and I don't want to look like I'm slacking. On the OTHER other hand, I'm paranoid about a) coronavirus and b) my water breaking or similar when I'm 2 hours away from the hospital and my husband.

I could probably get a medical accommodation for telecommuting that wouldn't eat into my leave time, but right after that super fraught promotion conversation seems like the wrong time to bring it up.

I just don't know.
  • Ugh I’ve been agonizing about this all week. We had a meeting in January where work said one thing, now they are saying something completely different. I’m just going to ask my doctor on Monday what their recommendations are because I’ll need it in writing. I already have something from them saying I can work 4 hour days so I will definitely be down to part time at least starting next week. 
  • That's a hard one... My job role changed in January, and my boss has been super accommodating about appointments, etc... But we really haven't talked about when I'll go off. I'm almost 28 weeks and don't think it will be super soon. I'm exhausted at the end of the day, but (a) I have basically zero commute, and (b) I walk at least 10k steps a day at work and I actually think it's good for me to keep doing that as long as possible. So I don't know.
  • @jkr2019 in your situation with triplets they must need to let you only do what you are able to, that seems like a clear no brainer. I hope the process of getting the doctor's recommendation in writing isn't too bad.

@louessbee I hear you on the walking, once I'm in my building I walk a lot too from meeting to meeting and I agree it's good for me. 
  • allie456allie456 member
    edited March 2020
    Are you all getting two (or three, depending on twins or triplets) of most things, or assuming the babies will trade off or only getting one? I'm thinking about exersaucers, jumpers, baby gyms, bouncy chairs, swings, that sort of stuff that takes up a lot of space and is kind of expensive.
  • @allie456 I'll have two play mats, but one of everything else. Mostly because I figure they won't necessarily like the same stuff, so no need for double everything. I will have multiple wraps to tandem babywear.
  • @allie456 More than one of a bunch, but not the same things, if that makes sense. So a couple different bouncers and exersaucers (I've been picking them up cheap on FB marketplace when I see them), so they can each decide what they like. 
  • @louessbee I need to find some used stuff! My FB Marketplace has been dry.

this is what I picked out for babywearing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F6Q84MS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_VCwxEbDC7CPB0 but I was thinking I might want to get a single Bjorn or wrap also, in case I just want to wear one.

I just got back from the doctors and now my babies are apparently 10% different in weight (3lbs 2oz/2 lbs 12 oz) after being almost identical last time! I'm trying not to worry about it but it seems like a big change.
  • edited March 2020
    @allie456 lurking in multiple thread, but note, the Twin-Go is awesome, and can be used as two separate single carriers too.

1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail nice! that would save having to buy a duplicate.