October 2020 Moms

GTKY All About SO

2»

Re: GTKY All About SO

• @babycakesday I don't usually have an issue with motion sickness, but that could definitely be a problem. I wouldn't want to be on a train right now, that's for sure. Usually the scenic trains go slow so it's not so bad unlike Amtrak. 

@JLaVO888 that's still a pretty good trip! We had a changeover in Chicago and we got to spend a few hours walking around the city so that was pretty cool.
  • Loading the player...
  • We met in high school. I was freshman and he was a senior, but we didn't start dating until I was a senior and he was in college. We have been together for 13 years and married 9 this June!

We love to do trivia nights at a local pub and go to movies. We have this new hatchet throwing place in town and we tried that and really enjoyed it, so it might be a new date thing for us! 
  • I was lost and DH was the first person I asked for directions. We happened to be going in the same direction so we walked and talked. We ended up hsving lunch together and he asked for my number. We've been together for 7 years and married 4.

Our date nights are usually experiences like concerts or cooking classes. We like trying new things together. 
  • I met my husband on Eharmony!  I had a super picky profile.   He originally was too old for what I’d set my parameters to.  But he was handsome.  We found each other after I’d been on Eharmony for two weeks.   The rest is history.  Our fourth wedding anniversary is 2/26.   We’re going away for the weekend next weekend back to the place we got engaged and married at.  

Date nights are rare for us.   Babysitter cost some serious cash out here where I live.  But when we do go out it’s usually for Mexican food and ice cream.  We’re not very exciting anymore 🤣
  • We met online (in true millennial fashion like someone else said :smile: ). It’ll be 7 years together this summer, and we’ve been married 1.5 years

• I met my SO 8 years ago at a bar in Cuba.   We were both in (failing) relationships at the time, and it turned out we both lived in the same area in Ontario, Canada.  We really hit it off and kept in touch after our vacations, broke off our respective crappy relationships, and a few months later moved across the country to Alberta together.  We haven’t looked back. We enjoy live music, going out for brunch and camping in the mountains whenever we can.
  • DH and I met while acting in a Shakespeare company. He cooked dinner for us one night and showed us around Chatham (on Cape Cod) the next day. The two of us had a brief, but pretty deep conversation while walking the beach. He later brought me back scotch caramels I'd seen in a shop. He bought me a beer later that week and I walked him to his car and kissed him. He's an incredible guy, but what really made me fall for him was how wonderful he was with my DD (from a previous marriage). We've been together 4.5 years and were married 7 months ago.

Our idea of a date night would involve some good food at a locally-owned place and a movie on the couch. But our favorite getaway is up to Maine.