What's on your pregnant mind this week?
pregnant ali wong GIF by NETFLIX

Re: Randoms: Week of 2/24-3/1

• Just got my first ultrasound appt. 4 more weeks. *OOF*
  • OMG Ali Wong is the best.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw Ali Wong's show last fall and it did not disappoint!

I have a busy but manageable week at work and I am trying not to screw it up by being lazy. Wish me luck...
  • Smelh324Smelh324 member
    edited February 2020
    @morethanamama I relate to this so much right now. It's like any task more difficult than answering my phone and sorting through emails seems like going above and beyond. I need to be forced in to each task. 
  • @Smelh324 I ended up taking a 45 minute nap...it was glorious and I think I have not taken one in...a year?? More??
  • #2 busted his chin open this morning while I was in the bathroom getting ready to take #1 to school. So 5 stitches, black spots in front of my eyes because i am super squeamish and the second ER trips in three weeks later... we are back home. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @mamahosch I just did a bachelorette weekend this last weekend. It was so exhausting lol
  • @mdfarmchick oh no!

My friends and I are hosting a wine 101 fundraiser mid March. I just realized I will not be able to hide not drinking wine and will not be ready to tell them yet. Thankfully it’s lent so I’m going to say I gave up alcohol 😂
  • @smg2302 and @morethanamama I freakin love Ali Wong. I just re-watched that special last week and it was just as funny the second time around.

@coldbrew I was just thinking today that lent starting is the perfect cover for not drinking! 
  • Anyone else feel like their toddler is a moody wrecking ball since you’ve become pregnant. Man,  mine has just been moody and super grouchy lately.  Maybe it’s just because I’m tired and worn out and have a lower tolerance for her antics.  
  • @anitamargarita_82 toddlers sense weakness... 😂
  • @anitamargarita_82 My 2 year old has been extra difficult tonight and I definitely lost patience with her a few times over the weekend too.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @anitamargarita_82 toddlers sense weakness... 😂
    If that’s not the most accurate statement ever 😩😆
  • Mine has been ok today but definitely started fussing once he was with me and not the nanny, ugh
  • @anitamargarita_82 I 💯 agree! My toddlers know how I tired I am and having been using it to their advantage. They’re trouble! 

@mdfarmchick that stinks! Stitches are the worst for kids. 

I was MIA over the weekend because we had a busy weekend and I worked a lot. I had my first appt on Thursday and the ultrasound went pretty well. Only one baby, phew, and no major issues. My next appt is at 12 weeks! It seems like such a long wait till then. 
  • @cmessamore glad your Appt went well. 

My toddler woke up sick. She slept a ton yesterday and I kept hoping it was a fluke, but she has a cough and a fever today. I just hope I can avoid catching it. 
  • My kids have been normal (5 and 3) but I do remember towards the end of my last pregnancy DD1 was acting crazy. I think they definitely sense change.
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited February 2020
    I don't have children to complain about, but I will gripe about my dog. She is a pitbull/lab mix, and she just turned 8 years old, so given her breed she is now considered a senior dog. :(

When MH first adopted her (early 2012; about a year before we started dating) she was 4 months old and had been surrendered with a broken left front leg. The shelter allowed him to foster her while she healed up, since they don't adopt out dogs who are ill or injured. Then, she was playing with our puppy in the backyard in January 2017 and tore her cruciate ligament in her back right leg, so she had surgery to repair that ($1,300). Now, she just did the same damn thing to her back left leg, but it's only a partial tear, but the surgery is pretty much the same and will cost the same. The thing is, about nine months after her last surgery, we bought a house that has stairs. Now that she has hurt herself again, she can't go up and down the stairs, so MH has been camping out every night with her in the living room. 

This twat has taken to whining and moaning after MH leaves for work in the morning (about an hour and a half before I have to get up for work) and IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE. I'm pregnant. I need my sleep. And she knows that the longer and louder she does this, that means she gets her way (me getting up out of bed and moving downstairs). MH could carry her up and down the stairs, but I can't. Even before I got pregnant, I couldn't carry a 65lb dog up and down the stairs. Oh, and she refuses to go outside to potty. I'm not sure if that's where she got hurt so now she has a negative association with the backyard, or because it's cold and it hurts her leg, but she has crapped in the house almost every day this week. Last night, she did it while MH and I were both in the kitchen cooking dinner, literally steps away from the backdoor, and she didn't tell us she needed to go outside. Just sh*t right there by the door like a f*cking poop ninja. It's so frustrating!! Especially since my sense of smell is so heightened right now. I couldn't go anywhere near it to clean it up, or I would have puked all over the place.

TL;DR My dog is pissing me off. She's expensive and sh*tty. Literally.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Does this coronavirus thing and having a newborn freak anyone else out?!?
  • psmk521 said:
    Does this coronavirus thing and having a newborn freak anyone else out?!?

Not so much when I have a newborn (hoping it will have run its course by the time I give birth), but I am concerned about exposure to the virus while I'm pregnant. My immune system is already down due to being KU, and I'm not sure we'll be able to get a vaccine if they develop one in time, plus I worry about what exposing an unborn child to the virus will do, as well. It's a lot.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @psmk521 all studies so far have shown that the virus is much more dangerous for the elderly than children (even babies). This is a link to a small study but there have been a few others I believe. Not to say it isn't still scary, but kids seem to be commonly asymptomatic or just have mild URI symptoms with the virus. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2761659
  • I am hoping that since summer is coming it will help halt the spread. 
  • I'm more terrified of the economy, tbh. 40% of the world's textiles won't be available to ship, and it's going to effect a huge range of industries. 
  • Well guys, if you want to hear about someone freaking out...I am originally from Italy and immigrated here 10 years ago fro a job. My family is very very close to the big cluster of cases. My parents are 67 and 77 and very healthy but it still has me on edge, especially because we are supposed to spend the whole month of June there and go to Greece for a week with the entire family while I am there. We have not booked tickets because we want to wait at least a couple of weeks to see what happens. 

I know one of the cases in the Milan area is a guy whose wife is pregnant and she is asymptomatic and everything looks normal. I also read about kids being somehow more immune to it. I also hope that it will die down with spring/summer, but it's certainly concerning and I agree it has done so much economic damage already (40% of travel to Italy was canceled).
  • Not really as concerned with the virus.   We’re doing extra hand washing and what not just in case.   My only real concern is any number of my sailors coming or going overseas and their exposure to it.   Very scary. 

On a separate topic I did an HCG test on Friday afternoon and another yesterday morning.   Levels went from 88 to 459.  I’m 4w5d so I think that’s about on par.  I was on clomid so I have no idea when I actually ovulated 🤷🏻‍♀️   I’m just super paranoid! 
  • I'm more paranoid for myself getting anything than my newborn because by the time the baby is here I won't be going to work and catching things from people everywhere, we can hibernate for awhile... And echo what @dolewhipper said, I'm worried about the economy. 
    My co worker showed up and told me she had what I consider to be a really suspicious illness (that she said was the flu). I pitched a fit and told my boss I was leaving because it's unsafe to be around that and he ended up sending the sick person home. I sanitized everything she might have touched and kept gloves on all day. I can't even believe how stupid it is to show up to work sick with a possible flu when you work in hospitality/food service, especially not when you work with a pregnant person... is it somehow considered safe to get the flu while pregnant and I missed the newsflash?
    I currently feel okay so fingers crossed she didn't give me the plague. 
  • babycakesdaybabycakesday member
    edited February 2020
    @kalesix3 That’s the worst. I never understand why people feel the need to spread their illnesses with the rest of us. A few of the moms in our stroller group will bring their kiddos with fevers and we have to remind everyone that if you’re kid is sick stay home. No one wants to expose their kids to more germs! Keeping my fingers crossed you didn’t catch anything. 

Edit: because auto correct corrected half of my things incorrectly. 
  • @pelomama that is so hard. It sounds like she is so wrapped up in how hard everything is for her that she's not even considering your feelings. I'm not sure that I would say anything either, but I probably would pull back and be a little more protective of my own time and feelings (not that that is necessarily the right thing to do, just self preservation). So many hugs mama. 
  • @pelomama that is so hard. It sounds like she is so wrapped up in how hard everything is for her that she's not even considering your feelings. I'm not sure that I would say anything either, but I probably would pull back and be a little more protective of my own time and feelings (not that that is necessarily the right thing to do, just self preservation). So many hugs mama. 
    Thank you. I think I just need to hear that I'm not a horrible person and that I'm allowed to have my own feelings. I have not self-preserved AT ALL this year and my emotions are fried. It's so hard. 
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • @pelomama, I’m sorry she had that reaction. It’s really hard when you’re so excited about something and others in your life are less so.

i know you probably know this, but I would err on the side of giving your sister grace in this instance. August wasn’t that long ago in the scheme of things, and she also is having to use IVF to get another baby when you were able to naturally conceive (unless I am misremembering, in which case I apologize.) She very well may want to be happy for you but just isn’t capable right now. I can’t even imagine the hurt she feels but I know when I went through trouble getting pregnant and then my subsequent loss I was unable to be happy for anyone. My niece was born during that time and I had a very hard time with it. I have since moved on, and am capable of being happy for family and friends when they have babies, but I had to move through that in my own time. Your sister may take a long time, but know that she likely isn’t trying to be hurtful. ❤️

Congratulations on a successful first ultrasound!
  • NME44 said:
    @pelomama, I’m sorry she had that reaction. It’s really hard when you’re so excited about something and others in your life are less so.

i know you probably know this, but I would err on the side of giving your sister grace in this instance. August wasn’t that long ago in the scheme of things, and she also is having to use IVF to get another baby when you were able to naturally conceive (unless I am misremembering, in which case I apologize.) She very well may want to be happy for you but just isn’t capable right now. I can’t even imagine the hurt she feels but I know when I went through trouble getting pregnant and then my subsequent loss I was unable to be happy for anyone. My niece was born during that time and I had a very hard time with it. I have since moved on, and am capable of being happy for family and friends when they have babies, but I had to move through that in my own time. Your sister may take a long time, but know that she likely isn’t trying to be hurtful. ❤️

Congratulations on a successful first ultrasound!
    Thank you for that perspective. I am definitely giving her grace, for sure. I don't intend to say anything even though I am hurt. Just need to get it out! <3 
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • @pelomama, no problem. I know you just needed to vent. Obviously why we’re all here 🙂 I don’t want you to think that I begrudge you your totally valid feelings either. My family has had our fair share of loss, with both of my SILs having late losses, so I try to be extra sensitive to these issues. My one SIL is due in May with her rainbow baby after her late loss 2 years ago, and I don’t intend to tell any of that side of the family until she has that baby safely in her arms. Obviously this wasn’t an option for you. My MIL said something to my husband that essentially equates to we should be happy with what we have and not try for another baby. This was right after we found out I’m pregnant, but we haven’t told her. So I get the disappointment when others aren’t excited for you, too. It’s a tough situation all around.
  • @pelomama I’m really sorry that all of you went through that. I would be hurt by her response as well, but grief is so different for everyone and she probably can’t cope. Hopefully in due time she will get excited for you and be able to celebrate with you. 
  • My oldest was almost 8 when I was pregnant with my 2nd and it was nice because she was able to keep herself busy and understand. Now I have a 16 month old and am pregnant again...and I’m dead. I don’t even know how I’m going to handle a newly 2 yr old and a baby. 
  • My bloat has been gone since I started probiotics and prebiotics, so I thought I could avoid maternity pants for a few more weeks. Nope, my regular jeans were so painful this morning! Luckily my friend snuck in a few larger sized maternity clothes when she returned mine, now I don’t have to buy any new jeans for a bit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker