April 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight- Baby(6-9m) fall/winter essentials

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Baby(6-9m) fall/winter Essentials

All:
What fall/winter items are necessary?

To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Nursing clothes/bras
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight- Baby(6-9m) fall/winter essentials

• The biggest fall/winter item I liked was the car seat cover. Keeps baby nice and warm!
    Otherwise, plenty of long seezed onesies and some fleece jackets were helpful. We had a puffy winter coat, but barely used it with my son. I would hold off on any winter coats or snowsuits till you determine how much outdoor time you will actually spend in the snow.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 100% the car seat cover!! So much easier than anything else to keep them warm.
    Also fleece booties for feet over socks and fleece hats.

we also have a winter stroller muff like for the car seat but for the stroller has a hand cover for whoever is pushing it too.

Fleece water resistant cover for carrier as well!! 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • We love that car seat cover! We also have a stroller bunting for when we do go outside. I would love one in my size to be honest lol 

I swear by Zutano booties and will use until baby boy starts walking but the fleece ones are perfect for fall and winter. I also love the Carter’s Bundle Up suits. Umm other than that hats, fleece sleep sacks, fleece zip up pajamas (again love Carter’s), long sleeve onesies, pants, a few zip up jackets (fleece and Sherpa), and blankets for car seat

I second no puffy coats or snow suit. They aren’t safe to wear in a car seat And if it’s cold enough to wear those, you won’t be wanting to bring baby outside anyway 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Someone gave us a snow suit for free, but as we live in southern VA, I doubt it's going to get much use, except when we visit family in Wisconsin at Christmas this December. I still don't anticipate her using it too much even while there, but it can be pretty brutal there so it's nice to know I have it in case. I am currently trying to hunt down a good rain coat/wind breaker as our VA winters involve more rain and wind than anything else. 
  • I never used fleece booties for my son. How many do you reccommend?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 kenzie loved hers. Zutano are awesome but there are a lot of other less expensive brands now too. 
    We had 3 pairs. And she didn't usually wear socks bc she didn't like them. But I know people who put socks on under for more breathability. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 thanks! I may get some!
    BabyFruit Ticker