April 2020 Moms

Weekly Questions 2/16

Re: Weekly Questions 2/16

• Anyone get any formula samples or coupons from Similac yet? Got stuff from Enfamil, but not Similac. I forgot when stuff came last time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I think I received a mailed piece from Similac, but I tossed it so...I can’t recall for sure if it was that brand! What I received didn’t seem to come with anything particularly special as far as coupons go or I might have held on to it!
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't gotten anything yet either, but I'm also not due until the end of the month
  • I haven’t gotten anything either. Last time, my OB gave me a sample and some coupons when I was about 36 weeks. Hoping she does that again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Do you all plan on having your husbands/partners stay at the hospital with you the whole time or come and go? 
  • @literatureandink DH will stay at the hospital pretty much the entire time. He'll need to go home periodically to feed cats. If he wants to meet my parents to check on DS that's fine, too. Not sure if DS will be able to come to hospital because of flu restrictions. I do want DH at hospital for majority of time, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @literatureandink DH stayed last time. He left a few times to feed the dogs and eat when I wasn’t allowed food. This time, he will probably go home to feed the dogs and by my parents’ house to check on DS and make sure he’s going to school. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @literatureandink Last time, he stayed most of the time, but did go to visit our dog (who was at a friend's place) and take the hat that was put on the baby when he came out... we wanted the dog to get familiar with the baby's scent before going home. Then, when I was close to being discharged, he took the dog for a long walk (it's a high energy dog) and took him home, so that he met the baby in a familiar place.

This time, we are hoping to only stay the six hours after delivery. If that's the case, DH will stay the whole time. If I need to stay overnight, we'll probably do the same as last time.

We do plan on having our son with us (except for during transition/pushing/delivery, when a friend will come take him to the park), so DH won't have to go home to be with him, and the hospital will want DH to stay as the person responsible for DS.
  • @literatureandink If all goes to plan and I'm able to deliver at the birthing centre DH will definitely be there the whole time because they'll discharge us after 4 hours. If we get transferred to the hospital for special circumstances though it will depend how long we're there for. My pal is coming to stay with our pups but if it's going to be awhile he may come home for a bit.
  • DH plans on being there the whole time. We live close enough to the hospital that he can run home if needed but our neighbors will be taking care of our dog so if there isn’t a need he’ll probably just stay. 
  • I think my husband plans on being there the whole time 🤷🏼‍♀️ Our parents can probably go to our house to feed the cat.
  • MH is planning on being there the whole time. We live an hour away from the hospital, so my BIL is going to stop by and love on/feed the dog. I would imagine once things get settled, he may head home to get a few things that I will have inevitably forgot. 
  • My husband plans to be with me, especially during the first night (we have to stay at least 24 hours after delivery). If we need to stay longer and my mom makes it for the birth, then I suspect the two of them might take shifts and he may go home at some point to shower/rest more comfortably.
  • My DH plans on staying with me the whole time, but we don't have pets or other kids to go home for so that's easier for us. We also have our own private room with full bathroom so he can shower and get ready as needed there.