3rd Trimester
Options

36 weeks pregnant mucus plug fell out

I lost my mucus plug at 35 weeks 4 days.. today I am 36 weeks pregnant, baby pushes down on cervix and has dropped. My vagina feels as if it’s bulging out.. should I have concerns? How soon do you think she’ll be here? 

Re: 36 weeks pregnant mucus plug fell out

• Options
    I lost my mucus plug at 35 weeks 4 days.. today I am 36 weeks pregnant, baby pushes down on cervix and has dropped. My vagina feels as if it’s bulging out.. should I have concerns? How soon do you think she’ll be here? 
    She could be here today, she could be here in a couple of weeks. The end of the last trimester is uncomfortable. If you have concerns, call your nurses line. I walked around with what felt like a bowling ball between my legs for two weeks before going into labor.  It's not fun. 
  • Options
    Your mucus plug can regenerate. Just because you lost some of it doesn’t mean you will be going into labor soon. And at 35/36 weeks baby really needs to stay in a little longer. I’d mention it at your next doctor’s appointment and call immediately if you start having contractions.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You should be having weekly appointments with your OB soon (if not already), so I'm sure they can give you a better idea than we can. Having said that, even OBs can't always accurately predict when you'll go into labor. 

LSS:
    1. Ask your OB if you have concerns, or wait until your next appointment.
    2. Simmer down. The end of pregnancy seems like it lasts forever. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20