Check-in w/o Feb. 17th

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY:  Have you read, watched or listened to anything particularly good recently? (Yes, I'm hijacking this GTKY to build out my podcast queue and reading list. Kindly humor me :) )

Re: Check-in w/o Feb. 17th

• Loading the player...
  • @ziggymama06 We ordered this last week from Amazon and I have been sleeping so much better. I stopped tossing and turning at night and now typically only wake up when I have to pee. It's a bit more than I wanted to pay for something that is essentially just a pillow, but my sleeping better has been so worth it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @emiliadkay- It is my second so I think that has something to do with that. It feels very weird that's for sure!
  • @mrs_sheddy I LOVE Parenthood and it was actually the first thing I binged while on maternity leave with DS. It was the perfect thing, except I cried a lot and between that show and the hormones was ready to have 5 more kids asap.
  • @mrs_sheddy We have the same due date! 🥰 I’ve been soooo tired lately too! I’ve been meaning to tackle our spare room in preparation to turn it into babies room. 
    I just need to find the energy to start, which seems impossible. 
    I’ve been thinking about applying for a new job as well, the worry of doing so while newly pregnant does have me a bit worried tho. 

Dax Sheppard is hilarious! Him and his wife are my favourite celebrity couple. 

Good luck with your interview :smile:
  • Now I don't feel so bad for the recent kick of true crime shows I've been watching on hulu lol DH thinks it's weird.
  • @emiliadkay I know I thaught my pelvic flaw was fine after having #1 but this cough has been tesing that theory.

@mrswheeler812 @mrs_sheddy I've been feeling movement too.
  • @coldlife thanks for the tips! I always forget water is almost always the answer, and I'll try to have a snack with protein next time on strikes. Also I love the bachelor (someone else today posted about being into it but I can't remember where/who)...what do your think of Peter? I think he makes very bad decisions haha. I'm also a RS devotee and am kind of enjoying that the ending will be a little bit of a surprise.

@ziggymama06 I have the bbhugme and it's a bit spendy, but I like the way it looks and I imagine I'll keep it on my bed long after I've had the baby bc it's so comfy and works great for when I want to be propped up and reading in bed.

@emiliadkay I love a good romance...some recent faves are anything by Christina Lauren, waiting for Tom hanks, and red, white, and royal blue. As far as how I'm going to prep for attempting an unmedicated birth, I've hired a doula and will attend four, 3-hour long classes her practice runs. I also think pre-natal yoga is helping me mentally and physically prepare, but I def am interested in what more I can be doing, so would love any tips people have!

@fitandnerdy I listened to the birth hour for the first time the other night when I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to bed. Thanks for the reminder about the show! 

@wildrainbow my heartburn is so bad right now! It's also way worse on days I fly (as well as the day after) so already dreading dealing with it later this week when I fly out west. 
  • @coldlife thanks for the tips! I always forget water is almost always the answer, and I'll try to have a snack with protein next time on strikes. Also I love the bachelor (someone else today posted about being into it but I can't remember where/who)...what do your think of Peter? I think he makes very bad decisions haha. I'm also a RS devotee and am kind of enjoying that the ending will be a little bit of a surprise.
    Eeeeyea. Kelley was spot on when she told him he was rewarding the drama. And the whole Alayah thing - go home, come back, go home. *eyeroll*

I always tried so hard to be unspoiled. I didn't start reading RS until Colton's season. (I started watching with Ben Flajnik's season). And then I got hooked! I watch it through totally new eyes now. 

If you like behind the scenes stuff, have you read alltheprettypandas.com? It's Sharleen Joynt's (Juan Pablo's season) blog. She does recaps and points out a lot of manipulation behind the scenes - pointing out sloppy editing that reveals pieced-together conversations, interviews that supposedly happened right then that actually happened either earlier in the season or much later based on changing backgrounds/hair/makeup-outfits, or out-of-sequence rose giving. And of course, her perspective as former contestant. Very interesting! Totally worthwhile to read her whole archive. 
  • @rivercitynik I’m sure your classes and yoga will cover a lot of this, but I had an in medicated birth with DS and for me, the most important preparation was mental - basically getting into the mindset that my body was capable of doing it and I could handle it. I also approached it with a certain curiosity what the pain would really be like. Also I think it’s important to be forgiving with yourself if your birth doesn’t go exactly as planned.
  • @coldlife ohhh the bachelor series are a guilty pleasure for me. I try not to do RS but mostly fail. Hannah’s season and Peters season have been awful And I’m about to jump ship. I have a theory it’s because they keep going younger and younger with contestants.....I genuinely mean no offense to anyone young or anyone who found their sig other early on- I think you are (happy And lucky!) exceptions to the general rule!
  • @maelove, it's interesting you say that. A lot of people say that, but Reality Steve had a reader once submit a breakdown of ages and showed that the average age has stayed the same over time. This only goes through Ben Higgins. Peter's contestants are 25.2 average. So on the young end, but not the youngest and within range. https://realitysteve.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Bachelor-Average-Age.pdf

And while I was googling to find that, a couple articles pointed out that it also may seem like it because Colton and Peter, two in a row, have both been on the younger end of Bachelors. 

I think it's because of Instagram/social media. If you last long enough and are memorable enough now, you can become an E-list celeb and be an "influencer." And along with that, if you're memorable enough regardless of how long you last, you'll be asked to go on the spinoff shows Paradise or Winter/summer games, and then you'll be able to boost your following even more and get more famous. Back in the day, you might have gone on the show for something different or to travel, but it wasn't to try to boost your following and become an influencer. The stakes weren't as high. 
  • @coldlife yea social media, you are totally right!
  • @rivercitynik tylenol is the only thing 100% approved for headaches during pregnancy, but my dr has given me a few other options. narcotics are typically fine in the second trimester unless you have addiction issues or an underlying condition. caffeine can be used medically as well. I would email your OB or PCP and ask for some additional options if tylenol isn't cutting it. I would also try ice packs, regular snacks and plenty of water for a med-free approach. Keep in mind that Advil and Aleve are NOT safe for pregnancy. Hopefully the headaches pass for everyone soon!

@mrswheeler812 I've also been feeling a ton of movement and it's so weird! I had posterior placenta last time and I still didn't feel it until I was much further along, but they do say you feel it earlier with your second or more.

@mrs_sheddy it doesn't hurt to interview and see what happens! I wouldn't tell them about the pregnancy until after you have an offer and then I would negotiate for paid leave and job protection before accepting. I feel like it's better to change jobs now than after the baby's born and you are adjusting to a new sleep-deprived schedule. 
  • babytimeagainbabytimeagain member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 8/20; 13w+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming appointments: routine prenatal next Monday. This will be my first appointment with my new practice (midwives)

How are you feeling? Better. Nausea and insomnia are gone- thankfully! The insomnia in particular was brutal. I’m off Diclegis and even Unisom now. Other than being more tired than normal, I feel pretty normal. 

Raves/Rants: can’t think of anything! 

Questions: I admit I’m extremely picky when it comes to baby/kid’s clothes. Now that I know jm
    having a boy, I’m been trying to bond more/get excited by picking out a few cute outfits. I’m not into dinosaurs, bears, loud stripes, cars, the usual gendered boy things. Where should I be shopping? The only stuff I’ve found that I like is Janie and Jack, and that’s pretty pricey. Girl clothes are just so much cuter! 

Speaking of, am I a monster for not wanting to give DD’s hand-me-downs to my new niece? Now that we’re having a boy, I’m not quite ready to close the door on having more kids. Plus, it’s going to hurt to go through everything and ship it off. 😞 

GTKY:  Have you read, watched or listened to anything particularly good recently? LOVE Schitt’s Creek! I’m also almost done with season one of “You” on Netflix- I keep hearing how good season two is, so I’m plugging through. As far as podcasts, I love “The Girl Next Door” and “The Mom Hour.”