TTC After a Loss

TTCAL week of 1/27

1. Introduce yourself 
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: Which celebrity chef would you most like to make you dinner?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: TTCAL week of 1/27

• 1. MC and D&C March 2019
    2. WTO, likely soon
    3. I’m restarting weight watchers (again) as its one of the things that I had put on the back burner when I was so sure I would get KU again right away 🙄. So far doing ok, definitely didn’t realize how much senseless snacking I was doing!
    4. Gordon Ramsey for sure! He’s kind of nuts but I still love watching Hell’s Kitchen and masterchef and I used to watch kitchen nightmares as well. Plus his food really does always look amazing 🤤

for some reason I’ve been having trouble opening threads on TB. I couldn’t go back to respond to anyone last week. Hopefully no one else has been having that issue!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• 1. Introduce yourself. Pm 2/18 chem 12/19
    2. Status? Wto like cd4, af took her sweet time coming and I hoped I somehow got pregnant but she came
    3. R/R: meet with the re this week, she said we could do some testing but dh and I have to talk about how far we want to go with it. 
    4.GTKY: Which celebrity chef would you most like to make you dinner? Too many... I like baked goods more and my favorite show is the british baking show. I liked Mary Berry and mel and sue on it better but its still so enjoyable to watch

@manillabar Congrats on joining ww. I am trying to change up my diet see if that helps getting and staying pregnant time will tell.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Introduce yourself 34, MMC Feb 19 10w, MC June 19 10w both D&C
    2. Status? CD2
    3. R/R: I have an U/S with the RE tomorrow at 7am followed by an 8am conference call and back-to-back meetings all morning - on a FRIDAY!!! On a positive, my extensions came out AMAZING, I'm so glad I got them although I'm still getting used to the feeling of having hair sewn in. 
    4.GTKY: Which celebrity chef would you most like to make you dinner? Ultimate, Daniel Bolud. I'm a huge fangirl.

@manillabar @ble1 Totally was in the same boat. Constantly thinking I might be KU and stress eating my feelings for the last 4 months of 2019 I prob gained like 15lbs, tbh. Got myself back to the gym consistently in December and normalizing my routine as well as eating mindfully, now. It was a struggle at first, because my animal brain just wants sugar, carbs, and comfort, but I can't live life that way. My mom did WW and swears by it; I find that I have too many trigger foods that start my cycle of disordered eating so I avoid those pretty much always.
  • @ble1 thanks. I’m also hoping eating/being healthier will help with getting/staying pregnant! Hope you and your H are able to to come to a decision that you both feel good about. 

@laurenmicheley glad you love your extensions! How long are they?  Hope your ultrasound and conference call  went well this morning. The sugar cravings are what’s killing me the most! I’m trying to pretend fruits taste just as good 😂
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• edited February 2020
    @manillabar RE went well and I started Letrozole for 5 days. I get a repeat performance of last Friday on this Friday (including an 8am conference call) to monitor how many/size of my follicles and perhaps trigger? I'm not sure when we will trigger, but am anxious about the whole process. My extensions are 22 inches which is long, but I love them! Eating fruit is never as good as a cookie. I definitely allow myself to indulge a bit on the weekends, but have been pretty consistent with eating healthy over the week.

*Edited for typos
  • @laurenmicheley I hope the repeat Friday goes well! I'm taking some of your bravery and have a perm scheduled for Wednesday. I'm so excited.

I decided to make a bunch of freezer meals this weekend hoping that by making them ahead of time it'll help keep me on track. I even made aome cookie dough that I froze for when I need a cheat. I'm hoping I use that rather than going and getting something worse and eating more of it.

• @ble1 Ooooh, so exciting! I hope you love it!

Feel you on the food planning. I cook most nights, but we actually meal plan because otherwise we go HAM at Whole Foods. 
  • you ladies are inspiring to do something with my hair! I don't know what yet but it's definitely time for a change anyway. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar it feels like after everything and ttc its time for a change just for myself. 
  • @manillabar Do it (if it feels right)! I've found that self-care has been the most helpful thing to me (aside from the support of MH) while going through this TTCAL process.
  • Thanks, I think I will. Not sure if I'll go for it next weekend or this one but I'm looking up styles! It's fun to focus on something other than work and TTC. 
    I saw the RE yesterday. They did a quick US adn took a bunch of blood from me and H. Once (If) AF shows, then they'll do more blood and have me schedule an HSG. I'm sad that we've gotten to this point but it's nice to feel like I'm doing something about it. 

@laurenmicheley and @ble1 How are your weeks going? 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar I feel you on the re ours said we could do an ultrasound and bloodwork for 2 cycles. I can't believe we're at that point. I'm debating if we want to pursue it and how far.

My week has been good. I got the perm yesterday and absolutely love it so far. Still wto this cycle. We're in the process of foster to adopt which they said should be wrapped up by end of March so looking forward to that.

How's everyone elses week?
  • @manillabar @ble1 My weeks has been quick and slow at the same time. Work has been piling it on, lately, which is always a treat. Other than that we had an offer accepted on the studio apartment adjacent to our large 1 bedroom, so it look like I'll have a long-term project to focus on since we will be combing the two units to a 2.5 bedroom/2 bath. It's exciting and nerve wracking, but ultimately positive for MH and me. I'm envisioning building out the world's best walk-in closet :P.

I have the RE tomorrow at 7am for another US and more bloodwork. I think they will be looking at my follicles to see if they are big enough to trigger. Hoping they trigger on Friday so that I don't have to go back super early (again) on Monday along with the fact that the weekends are more ideal for MH and me to get down to business.

@ble1 Wow! I wish you so much luck during the rest of the process to foster! How long after you finish will it take to secure you a placement? I have so many questions about this since I've never met anybody who has fostered.
    @manillabar I'm the type of person (type A capricorn) that NEEDS to have a plan and put it into action, doing something and getting answers for me, at least, has been super beneficial to my mind that wants to know and control everything. I've done an HSG and SSI which didn't give any information, but I'm still glad I did it and know what I'm working with.
  • @ble1 that’s awesome about the foster process finally wrapping up! And I’m glad you love your perm. I’m still deciding what to do with my hair. Too many options!

@laurenmicheley I wouldn’t call myself type A but I do feel the same way (maybe it’s the Capricorn thing!). Like I’m still secretly wishing I’ll get a bfp next week but I feel good about having a plan and moving forward if AF starts instead. Also hoping the US went well today! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar Have you decided on your hair? I can't wait to hear what you decided.

@laurenmicheley how did last weeks test go? I'm glad all three of us seem like we're in the same process of testing and moving forward its nice to be able to connect with someone who's going through it. 

Fx for everyones bfp sooner than later.

How was everyone's weekend? Any fun Valentine's plans?
  • @ble1 I currently have braided extensions, and I may do that again but go shorter, curly, and add a little color. I've been saving pictures to show the stylist. I'm hoping to go Saturday!
    I'm also glad to not be alone through this. Hopefully we'll all finally get our BFPs (and THBs) soon
    My weekend was pretty low-key. We don't have any Valentine's plans yet. We figure this weekend will likely be busy since v-day is on a friday for once. So we may wait until the next weekend to do something, but it will likely be just a movie or something small. How about you?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @ble1 @manillabar Last week's doctor's appointment went well. My body reacted great to the Letrozole and at the time I had 3 eggs 1 in the right at 11mm and 2 in the left at 14mm and 16mm. Was given instructions for sex over the weekend and had another u/s this morning. Looks like the egg on the right puttered out, so I have 2 in the left at 22mm and 24mm. We triggered with Noverel and need to get down to business tonight and tomorrow. All in all, this has been pretty straightforward. I hope I get a BFP in 2 weeks when I can finally take a test. I'm grateful to have the two of you to chat about this with. It's so consuming and it's nice to have an outlet who not only understands, but is there with you in the same boat at the exact same time.

We don't have anything big planned for V-day. We are going to go see the new Issa Rae movie and have dinner which is pretty much our standard Friday night, tbh. This year I got my valentines day gift early, which was nice (gold hoops), but what I'm REALLY excited about is my gift for MH which is the LEGO batmobile from 1989. 

• @manillabar hope you get some much needed self care time in Saturday, cant wait to hear what you decide.

@laurenmicheley Glad the ultrasounds went good. Fx for 2 weeks. I love giving gifts when I know the other person will love it. It makes me excited for the gift. 

We're low key for Valentine's to. Dh birthday is next week so we go out for that. I think this year a nice dinner at home and some down time will be in our plans for Friday.
  • @laurenmicheley so exciting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news in 2 weeks for you!

As for me, AF came today, so I'm going back for CD3 bloodwork (and to repeat my thyroid tests because they were apparently a little off), and then I will schedule my HSG for next week. I am also apparently not immune to chicken pox (despite getting the vaccines plus a booster because for some reason I never respond) and I'm hoping they'll take my documentation of having received the vaccine previously instead of me needing to get the whole series again (which would have be benched for two months!!)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @ble1 100% am the same way. I love giving gifts and tend to overdo it, sometimes. :) Hope you enjoy dinner and downtime on Friday!

@manillabar I hope everything works out for you w/chicken pox vaccinations and bloodwork. Would be so frustrating if you were benched for so long. FX for all positive things! Also, as a side note, I got KU'ed for the 2nd time right after my HSG since the process clears out your tubes as a side-product.

Sending you both good vibes for all doctor's appointments and hoping for some BFPs this month. It has already been so draining and it's not even halfway over - I could really use a W about now!

Anybody have any nice plans for the long weekend? I'm going to focus on some self-care and hang with MH, maybe try to see some friends, as well.
  • I should've gotten a positive opk on Monday and still nothing. This is frustrating, hopefully it comes today or tomorrow. Ttc makes you feel crazy. No big plans for this weekend. Dh decided we're gutting and redoing our kitchen so were2 trying to pick everything for that. I'm so happy we're redoing it but timing isn't great, its the middle of tax season. 

@manillabar thats crazy with the chicken pox. Hopefully your doctor recognizes that doing the vaccinations won't make you immune. Were you planning on changing up hair this weekend?

@laurenmicheley I am so there with you on some self care this weekend. Tomorrow we're cooking a nice dinner and I'm going to pig out on desserts. Chocolate pie! 
  • @ble1 OPKs are so crazy. I will generally have a positive OK from day 5 through ovulation; which is obviously inaccurate. For the last while I've been going by OPK and I think I was missing the mark because we were trying too early. I don't temp or chart because I don't need to make myself even more anxious about TTC. A new kitchen sounds great! I love decorating and whatnot and it's something to put positive energy and effort into! FX you O soon! I want some chocolate pie, yum!

@manillabar When are you going back to your doc?
  • @ble1 I hope your opk turns positive soon! They drive me nuts. The kitchen remodel sounds exciting, I hope you’re able to make it just the way you want it!

@laurenmicheley I’m not sure, haha. They’re calling me today to schedule the HSG and then I think we schedule a follow up after all the results are in. I just saw my H’s SA results on the portal last night and they don’t look great but no one called about it yesterday so I guess we’ll see what happens today. I know they say it’s not unusual to have a bad SA and then repeat it and it’s normal but I’m still feeling kind of anxious about it.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar have you heard any updates? Did you decidw yo change up your hair?

@laurenmicheley I have pcos but they have been working really good for me so far. I get a smiley then exactly 2 weeks later af comes.

I finally got my smiley on Valentines day. The bad part is my cold got so bad we didn't do td as much as usual. Im hoping what happened was enough but not very hopeful. I'm going to call dr this week to see when I can start doing the testing. How was everyones weekends? 
  • @ble1 ugh sorry you got sicker right around your peak! Hopefully you guys were still able to get good enough timing for things to work.  I did end up changing my hair! I went for shorter and curlier and I'm loving it so far. 
    My weekend was otherwise good, but uneventful, and too short! I hate that I had to work today when so many people have off lol.  I haven't heard anything about my husband's SA yet, but I took a look at the results again and now I think I'm reading them wrong, haha. So I'm just waiting to see if they'll call, and if they don't call today I'll ask them when I go tomorrow for my HSG.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• I totally agree about weekend feeling short. I wouldn't mind a few days added. Whenever I see test results I like it so much more when dr calls to tell me what it means. Good luck with hsg today
  • @manillabar Good luck today! FX for you!

@ble1 For some reason, long weekends always feel shorter to me than short ones!

• Thanks ladies! The HSG went ok. Definitely uncomfortable but I’m glad it’s done and over with! The resident who did the procedure said definitely at least one tube is open, likely both, but it was hard to tell because my tubes are close together, but that the attending would be able to tell for sure and will send a report to my doctor.
    also, I heard back about my husband’s SA. His morphology is low but the rest of his numbers were good so it’s ok for IUI but If we move to ivf then they would likely recommend ICSI. 

@ble1 I agree, I wish they would call before they release the results but I guess maybe the results get automatically released to the portal.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar Glad you heard back and they gave you a plan with husbands results. Yay for an open tube and hopefully the other one is the same. Im happy they're giving you a plan of what to do next 

@laurenmicheley how are you doing with the tww? 
  • @manillabar Glad the HSG went alright. Will you be following with an SIS? My RE told us that morphology is the most subjective part of the SA; I'm glad everything went well for you!

@ble1 TWW is going S-L-O-W-L-Y. I'm a frequent violator of testing too early, so it's good that I actually cannot test until next Tuesday. Been trying to keep busy, but it's so hard to keep my mind off of it!
  • @laurenmicheley it does go so slowly. I wouldnt mind it if I was pregnant, but in that 2 weeks if I'm not pregnant I could be doing other things. Fx for a good Tuesday
  • @laurenmicheley they didn't mention an SIS so I'm guessing not?  Yeah, I'm relieved, I was concerned about the morphology but it's good to know I don't have to worry.

agreed, the TWW is always the slowest part of the cycle!!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Last week I was really good about the tww. This weekend its making me crazy. Af isnt due until Friday. Hopefully this coming week I can be distracted and bfp Friday

How is everyone elses weekend? 
  • @ble1 Hang in there! Friday will be here sooner than you think (and FX for a BFP for you, then). I have 1 day until I can POAS and I'm extremely nervous about it.
  • @laurenmicheley thank you! Im debating testing early on Thursday or holding out until Friday. Fx crossed for you tomorrow. Sending positive vibes your way
  • @ble1 the TWW is the worst! Hang in there, Friday will be here soon and hopefully with it will come a BFP

@laurenmicheley fx for tomorrow!! Sending all my positive thoughts your way 

my weekend was ok, totally uneventful. I saw the endocrinologist, who started me on a low dose of thyroid meds and I’m waiting to hear back from my RE’s office as to whether or not we’re set to move forward next cycle. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @ble1 @manillabar Thanks for the good vibes! I had a BFP; did b/w beta at 151 with a follow up on Thursday. FX for both of you for BFPs this month or shortly thereafter!
  • Aw YES! Congrats! Cheers to an uneventful and healthy happy 9 months
  • omg @laurenmicheley I'm so happy for you!!!! Hoping your next beta goes great and that you have a healthy pregnancy and take home baby! <3
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017