April 2020 Moms

February Appointments

2»

Re: February Appointments

• @babyrummom Congratulations on that amazing news! I was thinking about you Monday and hoping you got great news. I found out yesterday that mine moved enough between 20-28 weeks so I'm in the clear now too. They didn't tell me how far, just that it was more than far enough away for them to take me off pelvic rest and plan on a vaginal delivery again. I'm so happy! 

@mercury94 Our daughters have the same past time in the womb. My girl is frank breech as well at 28w5d so the doctor said she's got time to move yet, but she insisted on holding on to her feet the entire time they were doing the ultrasound. The tech managed to shoo her away from the placenta so they could definitively measure the distance, but no such luck at getting a full face shot of her. Still they gave me so cute 3D shots of her holding her feet and showing half her face. 

@Kathryn0903 Just starting my bi-weekly ones now. I'll have a 30 week appointment on February 25th and will have bi-weekly appointments until April 7th - when I'll switch to one week appointments. We scheduled all of my appointments between now and my due date of April 30th so I have 7 more appointments between now and then. The nurse told me that she hopes I don't need them all - and I gotta agree with her. I do want to have an April baby not a May baby. :lol:
  • I’m on biweekly appointments and will go weekly at 36 weeks. If she’s still breech at 36 weeks I think the plan is to schedule a c-section...so I’m hoping she moves her little body into position!
  • Loading the player...
  • @literatureandink @sbalding88 Hope all of our stubborn little ladies decide to turn. I’m fairly certain my OB will schedule a c-section if she hasn’t turned by 36 weeks as well. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 @literatureandink My doctor didn't seem concerned by her being breech as she still has time to move, I guess? FTM question here - I don't currently have anymore ultrasounds scheduled the rest of my pregnancy. How would they know if she's turned head down or is still breech without another ultrasound? Can they feel that at a certain point? Because I can't tell where she's at in there - thought I had her figured out based on kicking but she's a little pretzel kid in there, with feet by her head as she tries to suck on them. :lol: 
  • @sbalding88 I'll be getting a ton of uktrasounds, but last appointment I had no ultrasound. Doctor was able to push down on pelvic area and feel a head.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mercury94 I would have gotten it today but the midwives aren't authorized to administer it. Booked myself in with my family doctor, which I'm excited about because I haven't seen her since I first found out I was pregnant!
  • I’ve been on bi-weekly apts since wk 28 then start weekly apts at 36.  Weekly BPP and NST tests start at wk 32.  I have everything scheduled out until the end and the time off work needed for all.  Let’s just hope that they didn’t do a scheduling error like they did in December!  Feb 13 (today!) I have NST BPP and prenatal apt.  DH took a half day to come see the babies’ BPP and come to the prenatal apt. (My NST is at 8 am)
  • Just got back from my appointment.  Got my TDAP and my OB said not to scare me but the flu has been horrendous this year and if anyone has any flu symptoms near me at work or at home she's putting me on Tamiflu.  Just yesterday daycare let us know they have confirmed cases..... ugh. 
  • @sbalding88 Like @Kathryn0903 said, the OB can get a good idea by feeling. If they think she’s still breech, you might get an ultrasound to confirm. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @kfrob the flu IS horrendous this year! Don’t take any chances!!
  • @Kathryn0903 @mercury94 Got it! I'm sure they'll start doing that at one of these bi-monthly appointments coming up in February or March. Hopefully, she gets herself all turned around and heading the right way. 
  • @kathryn0903 I am biweekly until 36 weeks and then it is every week
  • @Kathryn0903 yay for no preeclampsia!!
  • krthousekrthouse member
    edited February 2020
    Had my just-shy-of-32-weeks midwife checkup today, and baby is great, with head still down (stay there please) and a strong heartbeat. Only thing is that my blood pressure was super low. It normally runs a little lower, but this was lower than my usual, at 105 over 53. I haven't had any dizziness, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I tried looking it up as well and it said it's normal to have lower blood pressure up to 24 weeks, but I'm almost 32 weeks. Wondering if I just hadn't had enough to eat or if I should press for more info. Thoughts?
  • Had my 32 week check-up yesterday. Heartbeat is strong & he still hasn't flipped, but they don't seem concerned at all. It was a quick check-up, but it was my birthday so hearing his heartbeat was definitely the best gift :) next appt is 3/12 for my 34 week check-up. I'm so happy I don't have to go 4 weeks in between appts anymore, definitely helps my anxiety some!

Baby shower is tomorrow so our little house is about to be overwhelmed with baby items!

• @korthouse my blood pressure was about that a couple appointments ago. If you had no symptoms of dizziness, I wouldn’t be too worried about it.