April 2020 Moms

February Appointments

What appointments do we have?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: February Appointments

• Now that I'm going every 2 weeks now, gonna start having lots of appointments. Have an appointment this Friday. Should just be a regular prenatal visit.
    Also have a 32 week growth ultrasound and appointment 2/21 which I'm so nervous about. I had a 32 wk growth ultrasound and appointment last pregnancy which is when preeclampsia was discovered. Just need to get through that appointment to relax some.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’m officially on weekly appointments, though I have been since my hospital visit in January. Blood pressure checks were weekly through January. This Wednesday I have a growth US and a BP check/ prenatal, the 11th I have a BP check/prenatal, then I start weekly NST, growth US, and prenatal until birth. I have been told by my doctor I will likely have a late March baby, inducing 2-3 weeks early. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Kathryn0903 Good luck with your 32 week ultrasound!
  • I have a 28 week appointment on Wednesday next week.
    Starting at 30 weeks I'll go in weekly for nonstress test bc I'm geriatric 🙄
  • I have my next appointment on the 12th for a check in and another check in two weeks later. We also have our first prenatal visit with our doula at the end of the month!
  •  we hit 29 weeks today! i have my 2 hour (fasting :'(  ) glucose test tomorrow and I am feeling nervous about it
  • I have a growth scan on the 12th due to 2 vessel cord. I think I start having appointments every 2 weeks then and then once a week starting at 36 weeks unless there’s  reason to have them more often. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • I have my ultrasound and OB appointment on February 11th (at 28 weeks, a couple days shy of 29) to see if the placenta has gotten out of the vicinity of my cervix. lol. Unless something changes and I need to go more often, I should be going twice a month in February and March, so I have an appointment scheduled on the 25th. But a lot will depend on how things go on the 11th. 
  • This is my lull week of no appointments. It seems like I keep having a week of being slammed with testing followed by a week off now that I am on the every other week schedule. I have a follow up transvaginal ultrasound on the 10th to check placenta placement. I guess they can measure it better doing the ultrasound this way. The results will likely determine whether I have a c-section or not, so I am nervous. It needs to be >2 cm to be able to have a vaginal birth. It may still be possible 1.5-2 cm, but it is more risky. I have a midwife appointment that day, but I don't know that we will be able to find out the results by then. I scheduled an appointment with the OB anyway on the 13th to discuss the results, if I need a c-section or if the placenta is in the "gray area". 
  • glucose test was not as unbearable as I imagined, but I still feel like garbage. wishing & hoping I passed because i'm still gaining weight fairly quickly and that has me worried. :/
  • @phinzlabyrinth Hope you passed. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @jecies Also geriatric here haha!  This is my second geriatric pregnancy and they just keep me on the regular old appointment schedule and I've never had a nonstress tests.  Do you have GD, high blood pressure or something else to make them want to do the nonstress test?  

@phinzlabyrinth my Dr told me if you feel yucky from it that usually mean's you'll pass.  I put mine off to the last min and need to get it done this week.  I'm dreading it.
  • @babyrummom how long do they give you before they determine cs is needed for placenta placement? I hope that it moves enough for you to have no worries about needing a c-section!
  • This is my last week of no appointments and I can’t wait until I have weekly appointments. My doctor has me doing weekly NST and BPP starting at 32 weeks (Feb 13) because of the twin factor and I am glad I get to see them weekly to ease my anxiety and worry because of our history. 
  • I've been sitting in the room at my drs office for almost an hr!!! Like just leave me in the waiting room. Putting me in a room minutes before my apt makes me think she might be on time and now I'm just wondering if they forgot me!!! WTH, I have to go to work! If you're running this late, leave me in the waiting room and tell me!! Argh...the waiting room at least has better wifi and water, tea etc. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 that's frustrating. I would say something soon. I know someone who got forgot about in a doctor's office once.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @smallbutmighty77 I'm with you!!!  I hate the in the room wait!  Sometimes I will hear the Dr outside of the door too and that tricks me into thinking she's coming and then she walks by...
  • @smallbutmighty77 that’s super annoying!! I have zero patience for that stuff, especially since a lot of doctors have no problem canceling if you’re 5 minutes late. One of my favorite things about my ob office is that there is a 15 minute wait limit, both for doctors waiting for patients and vice versa.
  • I just got back from my 32w growth u/s and appointment and fresh little girl is still breech! They gave me some exercises to try but she better moooooooooooove or else!
  • Had my appointment today. Everything looks good, but starting after 32 wks, I'll have BPPs and NSTs every week. I guess even with BP controlled with medicine, there can be issues. Annoying to have to be there twice a week, but I know it's for my benefit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • And I swear the lady scheduling my appointments had no clue what she was doing. My printout of appointments doesn't match what's online. It's like they switched some appointments without telling me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I’m right there with you! No preeclampsia, but they’re still closely monitoring just in case. Ugh. Glad I’m medicated, I guess? 
  • @ejoseph16 I knew to expect this since I had preeclampsia last pregnancy, but wasn't expecting this without the preeclampsia this time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @literatureandink I have my ultrasound this week, which will likely determine whether I have a c-section or not. The first midwife basically told us if it hasn't moved by 32 weeks (which we are now), then it probably won't move and we will just schedule a c-section. Although, one of the other midwives said that she has seen it move at 36 weeks, so I am not sure what we will do if it hasn't moved by this week's ultrasound. 
  • @phinzlabyrinth Did you hear if you passed? I'm trying to be decently good in my eating habits, but I've been packing on the weight too. I think I've gained around 30 pounds from first appointment till now. If it makes you feel any better, I've still passed both of my 1 hour glucose tests at 18 and 24 weeks despite my weight gain so I'd not worry about that. I didn't feel too bad afterwards though so I'm sorry that it made you feel like garbage. :cry:
  • @babyrummom I’ll keep everything crossed that it moves!!!
  • @babyrummom Please keep us posted! I would say that if it is important to you to try for a vaginal birth, then you could ask to check again at 36 weeks and hold off on schedule a c-section until after that appointment. 

My next appointments is tomorrow at 32 weeks. I think our practice doesn’t switch to appointments every two weeks until the 36 week ultrasound, unless there is a concern. It’s interesting the range of monitoring by different practices!
  • @babyrummom Hoping you get good news tomorrow from your ultrasound! 
  • @literatureandink thank you! 🤞🏻
    @jenabary will do! I think meeting with the OB and getting his opinion on matters will help too if it is still too close 
    @sbalding88 thanks! I hope you do this week, as well!
  • @babyrummom That is the BEST NEWS!!!! Congrats 😊
  • @sbalding88@mercury94 @kfrob thanks ladies. i'm happy to report that I did indeed pass. pleasantly surprised at how quickly my results landed in the portal, too. but i did find out my vitamin D is low. has anyone's provider checked vitamin D level at all? i had to request it.
  • @babyrummom Yay!! I’m so glad you received good news!
  • Had my appointment today. Baby girl is frank breech, so she had her feet (and hands) in her face. No good pictures and now I need to look into Spinning Babies. She is measuring in at the 85th percentile. Doctor said the estimate is over 5 pounds. But, they told me DS would be over 9 pounds and he was 7 lbs. 10 oz., so I don’t really believe those estimates. Also commented on how much hair she has. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Midwife appointment went well today! Fundal height is still measuring one week ahead and baby is currently head down, but there's still time for them to move around so they'll keep checking. They wrote out a prescription for a breast pump to increase our odds of insurance covering some of it and they walked me through some of the things from my questionnaire I'd filled out so I'm feeling confident. I also need to look into getting my pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine now. Next appointment is on the 27th and we have our first prenatal doula visit the day after!
  • Everyone getting biweekly prenatal appts or are you going longer? When they scheduled my appointments, I have a 32 week prenatal, but not another prenatal appointment till 35 weeks. I'm assuming since I'll be in twice a week for bpps and nsts, it should be fine should an issue arise.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I'm on bi-weekly until 36 weeks and then it switches to weekly, but I'm also not having additional bpps etc. Low risk, FTM
  • @korthouse My OB gives the TDAP routinely in 3rd tri. I had it at my last appointment. I would recommend getting it as whooping cough is quite scary for babies. 

@Kathryn0903 I’m on bi-weekly appointments and monthly growth scans. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017