April 2020 Moms

Weekly Check In(All Groups) Week of 2/10

EDD/W+D: 

Team pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Cravings/Aversions:

Upcoming appts: 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Check In(All Groups) Week of 2/10

• EDD/W+D: 4/11 31w2d

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Foam finger

Cravings/Aversions: Not really except that I still want to eat sugar. 

Upcoming appts: Wednesday for a growth scan and OB. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: We actually got some work done around the house this weekend. DH moved the crib to the correct room and we cleaned DS’s room and finished the conversion to a big boy room. 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? Probably the beach, because I like a relaxing vacation. But, we have beaches here and I rarely go, so that seems like an odd answer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • EDD/W+D: April 26th, 29+1

Team pink/blue/green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn Squash, Wheel of Brie, Giant Banana Split, Guinea Pig

Cravings/Aversions: Chocolate. All about the chocolate this week. Also, still loving fresh fruit.

Upcoming appts: Seeing my midwife on Wednesday and since I haven't gotten a call from them yet I think that means I've passed my glucose test and that my iron levels are okay! They'll confirm for me in person. Fingers crossed because I think that's one of the last hurdles of pre-testing to determine if I can labour at the birthing centre

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Rant: *TW* Read about a really horrible response Weinstein's lead defence attorney gave saying that she's never been sexually assaulted because she "would never put herself in that position" and she went on to say some awful things that implied consent isn't revocable and that potential victims are equally responsible as perpetrators and I have been FUMING from it. *end TW*

Rave: DH is leaving work early on Valentine's Day to cook us a big cozy meal, plus we have a stat holiday on Monday, so we get to have some extra time together! Since I work weekends still right now it's rare for us to get time off together so I'm pumped. 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? Beach is what I'm craving right now, since it's the dead of winter snow and ice here, but I love all of the above! I miss when I lived in Victoria and could swim at the beach with a mountain view. So dreamy!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: April 14/ 31W (tomorrow)

Team pink/blue/green: blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): foam finger. 

Cravings/Aversions: apples, pears, raspberries, oranges, etc. give me all the fruit. 

Upcoming appts: growth scan and OB appointment next week

Rants/Raves/Questions: I need people to stop acting shocked when I tell them this is my third baby. They act like I’m crazy. 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination?
    beach! Have the mountains and lakes where we live so beach is always a treat and where we
    pick to vacation. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• EDD/W+D: 4/20 eviction date

Baby is the size of a(n): hedgehog... that sounds uncomfortable

Cravings/Aversions: smoothies, nothing spicy, salty chocolate...

Upcoming appts: three weeks- won't get another US til after that apt to check placement etc- so I'm kinda just in limbo. Since we are a planned c section it doesn't matter quiet as much.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just getting so uncomfortable and woke up last night almost ready to puke thanks to reflux. Joy.

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? Beach- but like a hot island type beach. I live in IL- we have beaches, but even in summer it is cold lake water. I want a hot beach, warm water, tropical drinks, and I am happy. I think our 7 or 10yr anniversary we will do a big trip somewhere warm. (was looking at 5yr but, life had other baby plans) since our honeymoon got largely rained/flooded out.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @mercury94 I'm so glad you were able to get some work done around the house. It always feels better when you feel like you're moving forward. 
    @korthouse omg that makes me so mad about Weinstein too! I can't stand when people victim blame. That sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day! 
    @coaster102516 I hope your growth scan and appointment goes well. I don't understand why people feel the needs to even comment on other's choices. A simple "that's wonderful" is a good thing to say no matter what number of baby it is. 

EDD/W+D:  4/12  /  31W + 1D

Team pink/blue/green: Team Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Fanny Pack

Cravings/Aversions: I've been eating a lot of peanut butter and banana sandwiches lately. Also been craving fruit smoothies. 

Upcoming appts:  Next appointment is on 2/20. I'm sure they'll measure my fundal height and ask me how I'm doing again and that'll be it. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Still having major pain on my right side rib and upper back. I have a prenatal massage tomorrow to see if that helps at all. I also bought a swimsuit and am planning on going swimming at the Y this weekend with my mom. I can't wait to get in the water and not feel all this weight for once.

We close on our house in 9 days! The stress is real. I feel like time is flying by right now and baby will be here before I know it. 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination?  I love the Beach. Just the atmosphere and fond memories of family trips. I can't wait to take my daughter to the beach for the first time. I've never been to the Mountains on a vacation but I think I'd like it too because I like to hike. Lake is a no for me...something about the idea of swimming in lakes freaks me out. 

• EDD/W+D: 4/30, 28w4d

Team pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Large eggplant or an old school Nintendo 

Cravings/Aversions:  This whole pregnancy my aversion has been chili and BBQ.  Craving cereal, sweet baked goods, fruity candy

Upcoming appts: Thursday 13th

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination?  How about a mountain lake w/a beach?  
  • EDD/W+D: 4/14, 30+6

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): week 31 says asparagus

Cravings/Aversions: all the sweets, esp ice cream and m&ms

Upcoming appts: next week for a growth scan and appt. Then I start weekly BPPs and ultrasounds

Rants/Raves/Questions: I knew they scheduled my BPPs and ultrasounds wrong when I scheduled them Friday. Thankfully, they called me this morning and fixed the appointments.
    Also, really excited that DH agreed to a vasectomy over me getting a tubal. My OB was very happy since there are more risks with a tubal.

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? Either beach or mountains. Really want a beach vacation since beaches were out due to my son having tubes. Now that tubes are out, really want to go to the ocean. I grew up in the mountains in Vermont and miss them, but I'm not about mountains in the cold.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mercury94 I think there's a huge difference between a beach day (takes a lot of work and prep, especially with LOs) and a beach vacation - so valid response! :)

@korthouse That sounds like a great Valentine's plan!

@coaster102516 Ugh - I hate how people think they should have an opinion when it comes to your family planning :(

@smallbutmighty77 Ugh, sorry about the reflux. Can you take anything to help?

@littleredm Swimming is such a lifesaver in the third tri - I really need to get in the pool more!

@KFrob Ugh, I feel you with the aversions... DH has been obsessed with smoking stuff lately, and I can't stand it these days!

@Kathryn0903 Yay for your husband stepping up! We're still trying to decide if we want to take that step now or wait and see if we get baby fever again haha!
  • EDD/W+D:  CS on 4/16 29+5

Team pink/blue/green:  Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn Squash

Cravings/Aversions: Been craving cheese lately. Still can’t really eat chocolate as it gives me reflux

Upcoming appts: 30wk appt tomorrow and ultrasound next Monday (17th)

Rants/Raves/Questions: Wishing DH would work faster on moving DS into his new room and setting up the nursery. I feel like it will be the middle of March before he is done! 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? Beach because it has the least amount of bugs to crawl on me🤣 I’m not the outdoor type. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @Brags0607 right there with you on DH needing to get DS's room ready. Since DS is moving into a new bed, I put the new sheets on the bed to kinda give DH the hint!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @korthouse Ick to that argument. It makes me mad too. Victim blaming is a big part of the cultural problem that trial is exposing. 

@littleredm I can’t believe you’re about to close on a house. That is so much to deal with right now. 

@Kathryn0903 I’m glad your H agreed to the vasectomy. I’m so sure I’m done having kids, but I’m not ready to pull the trigger on permanent options yet. DH has agreed to the vasectomy whenever we decide we’re ready. It’s a relief. 

@Sailing_Mama I’m sorry people are so judgmental. It’s okay to miss the things you can’t do while pregnant. It doesn’t mean you’re addicted. 

@Brags0607 I’ve already been informed that the nursery will be painted over Spring Break (mid-March). I guess at least he’s being honest about it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: 32+1

Team pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): I think butternut squash ?

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing in particular lately. @ejoseph16 I bought some Cinnamon Toast Crunch last time I was at the grocery store .. random treat! But I’ve been loving it also! 

Upcoming appts: Had a prenatal today. Baby is still breech and we went over my u/s .. he’s also small 15%ile. I’m a small person though so not too surprising. I’m assuming I’ll have to have another u/s but we didn’t talk about it today. I’ve been doing spinning babies exercises and I booked acupuncture for tomorrow to try to get him to turn. Willing to try anything! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nothing really. Definitely getting more tired and back to napping everyday. @littleredm I highly recommend yoga for your pain! I woke up today with back pain and it went away as soon as I did my yoga routine. Everytime I’ve had discomfort it’s gone away after yoga!  

I loveeee the beach! (In tropical places on the ocean!) 
  • EDD/W+D: 4/2, 32+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Squash

Cravings/Aversions: nothing specific, but have noticed I can’t eat as much in one sitting anymore. I get too full faster. 

Upcoming appts: Feb 14th for bi-monthly checkup 

Rants/Raves/Questions: DH ruptured his Achilles’ tendon this weekend. He has surgery scheduled for it today. Recovery is 6-12 weeks. He will be in crutches and a boot. I am a little nervous about physical support during the last chunk of this pregnancy as well as me taking care of him. He is upset that he may not be able to carry the baby after birth for a bit. But we shall see. Just bad timing. 

Beach, definitely
  • @jfjf19 Oh no. That's really hard! I hope his recovery goes quickly. If there are people you're close enough with to ask for help around the house definitely reach out ahead of time so you can both get the support you need ❤
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited February 2020
    @Sailing_Mama The second I found out I was pregnant and that I can't have wine that's all I want!  I'm with you on the odd glass for a special occasion and totally get the wanting it causally with dinner.  Agreed that people wouldn't judge if it was like sushi or lunch meat you were complaining about..... 
  • @Sailing_Mama @KFrob I've had probably 7-9 glasses (the standard pour, not my not pregnant trough full) of prosecco throughout my second and third trimesters and have loved every single one. My ob is cool with it so I am, too. 
  • @Sailing_Mama @KFrob I'm with you on missing the wine. With DS, I brought wine in my hospital bag to have for after delivery. Nurse freaked out when she found out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/W+D: 32+1

Baby is the size of a(n): At my growth u/s on Friday she was measuring 40th percentile at 3lbs12oz

Cravings/Aversions: All the fresh fruit and ice cream and pb&j sandwiches please. I'm not wanting to eat or smell any sort of meat.

Upcoming appts: Next check in is 2/21 at 34 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I don't want to sound like a whiny broken record but I can't handle this lack of rest. If I was at least comfortable and therefore had restful hour or two stretches it would be better. But right now, the little straight sleep I'm getting just leaves me sore and in pain. RAVE: I'm getting so excited for my maternity photos and shower (photos are this Sunday, shower is next Saturday the 22nd). My cousin is such a talented photographer so I know she'll make me feel and look my best and my momma is the best and is working so hard on my shower. I'm also thrilled because I'm getting lash extensions and my hair cut and colored in advance of both events so it's a bit of pampering to make me feel beautiful.

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? If I was going to pick one of those, it would be a tropical beach. Or a Martha's Vineyard beach, while not tropical, certainly quaint and relaxing and I love it there.
  • @literatureandink I hope you enjoy your pampering and shower!  You definitely don't sound like a broken record.  I was trying to explain to DH how it's more than just not sleeping when your pregnant.  I truly believe the 3rd trimester lack of sleep is worse than the when the baby is first born.  It's the combo of extra weight, every movement requiring so much effort, not being able to get comfortable on top of insomnia.  It's mentally and physically draining.    
  • @literatureandink I don't know if this will work for you or not, but in my preggy yoga we make a pillow 'T', with one sturdy pillow on the ground as the top of the T, and then another pillow propped slanted on it to make the stem. It essentially makes a slanted stand for your back so that you can rest on your back while being propped up enough to prevent the issue of blood supply being cut off by baby's weight. You just need to make sure there's enough support in your cushions to keep you propped up. I had a nap like this that was the best sleep I've had in a while because my hips weren't aching from having to side sleep. 

Set up is like this, but obviously if you're wanting to sleep don't hold your foot in the air! 

• EDD/W+D: 32 weeks, 4 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Florida pomelo  

Cravings/Aversions: I haven’t had a ton of cravings 
    Upcoming appts: 
    February 25th with the midwife

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Rants- have had some episodes of pain in my back and left side that kept me up a lot of Sunday night. It is much better now. I think he must have moved.
    Raves: the app is working for me again!! I am so excited about the results of my ultrasound and not needing to schedule a c-section! No longer have low lying placenta! Now, I have to actually have to start planning for birth. 

I grew up with lakes and mountains, so I like a good tropical beach vacation. Especially this time of year! I have had vacation to the mountains, which I’ve also enjoyed. Hawaii is the best of both worlds! 
  • @korthouse I’m absolutely going to try that!! Thanks so much for the recommendation!
  • EDD/W+D: April 5/32W+2d

Cravings/Aversions: I want carbs and sweets

Upcoming appts: Thursday 2 week Growth Scan and OB appt

Rants/Raves/Questions: Acid Reflux is horrible.   I was so nauseous and barely ate yesterday.  My 3 year old had the flu last week and I'm still recovering on sleep.  Thankfully, no one else got the flu.  

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination?  I love camping and I love swimming.  I miss camping most, so I'll say the Mountains :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• EDD/W+D: April 30th, 28w+6d so practically 29 weeks now. lol. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn squash apparently. They measured her at 2 pounds 13 ounces yesterday. 

Cravings/Aversions: Doughnuts, specifically jelly-filled or chocolate glazed with sprinkles, pizza, and basically topping whatever I can with sour cream. Still hate oatmeal and most nuts - and for some reason the smell of fried rice made me nauseated recently. 

Upcoming appts: February 25th - starting up my bi-weekly appointments now. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm sure most of you have seen in other posts, but I don't have placenta previa anymore. The placenta moved safely out of the danger zone so I had my restrictions removed, and I couldn't be happier. I wouldn't say it's a rant, but one of my husband's former co-workers gave us some hand-me-down clothes and a Fisher Price Rock N' Play, which I believe has been recalled recently. My husband took it because we didn't know we were getting that, and it's in pretty good condition so he thought it'd be helpful. But I don't want to use something that has been responsible for 30+ infant deaths, so now we gotta figure out what to do with it. Sigh. My question for you all is related to that - did any of you get a swing or bouncers or things like that? Should I look for something like that? 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? Beach - despite my very pale skin. :lol: I've grown up around them, and there's just something comforting about the salty sea air, the sand, and the waves crashing in the background. 
  • @sbalding88 We have a swing. DS loved it. Used it until he got too big. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • EDD/W+D: April 1st, 33w today

Team pink/blue/green: team blue

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower

Cravings/Aversions: mousse cake 😋

Upcoming appts: next Tuesday for 34 week appt

Rants/Raves/Questions: our nursery is finally done, hospital bag is mostly packed, car seat put together. I feel ready but also so nervous about handling a teenager (my oldest turns 13 in 3 weeks), toddler (DD is 2.5) and newborn. I'm pretty sure I won't sleep ever again! I had my son at 34 weeks and my daughter at 35 so I'm feeling we are right at the end. Hopefully I'll beat my record and make 36 weeks! 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? We live in Georgia where luckily we have all 3! Lake and mountains we go to very frequently since they're so close by. So for vacation, beach feels most like a getaway. I'm from Tampa so I adore the Gulf coast beaches! I actually just booked our condo for our family beach trip for after baby comes.
  • @mwill291 I grew up in Tampa, too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sbalding88 Oh my gosh doughnuts. I have been only very recently wanting doughnuts, especially filled doughnuts, like crazy. Today after my appointment and to celebrate passing my glucose test got myself two, because I couldn't decide which one I wanted more  :D
  • @sbalding88 we have one very similar to this one and loved it. It’s on a killer sale right now too. Might be able to get cheaper second hand if you can find it. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @korthouse I read that article too, and I felt very similarly! So upsetting.

@Sailing_Mama I really wish people would let women (pregnant women especially) just speak what is on their minds and listen without judgement! You are allowed to miss wine. Full stop. 

@literatureandink We’re having our open house/shower on the 22nd too! I can’t wait to celebrate with all of our friends and family. I also can’t wait to know what l can then go out and buy on my own! Tired of waiting to finish up the nursery!

@mwill291 It’s amazing that you’re ready for action, though with two early babies, it makes sense that you would be prepared for this one to arrive some day soon! I’m sure you will adapt and rock parenting a teen and two little ones! 

EDD/W+D: April 7 / 32+1

Cravings/Aversions: Apparently Mexican because I’ve eaten it four times in the last week!

Upcoming appts: I had a check-in appointment on Monday and received the tdap. Next appointment isn’t until March 11 at 36 weeks, and it will include an ultrasound to check on baby’s position.  

Rants/Raves/Questions: We did our hospital tour tonight, and I was thrilled to get answers to all all of my questions. For a hospital, I felt like the environment was still very comfortable and they offer a lot of additional amenities (tub in every room!) and baby friendly practices like skin-to-skin as standard. 

GTKY: Beach, Lake, or Mountains.... what is your preferred vacation destination? My dad and step-mom live on a lake, and it is the most relaxing way to spend a summer afternoon - paddle boarding, drinking and floating on their blow up “dock”, etc. I’m really hoping I might be brave enough to fly with baby in July, so I can still go to the lake this summer!
  • EDD/W+D: 
    31+5. Due 4/11. C-section schedule 4/1

Team pink/blue/green: Purple💜

Baby is the size of a(n): I don’t remember 

Cravings/Aversions: craving sugary stuff. Craving milk.  

Upcoming appts: NST/BPP/prenatal today 2/13

Rants/Raves/Questions: haven’t seen the babies since Jan 16 so looking forward to the confirmation that they are both ok.  Last u/s baby boy was in the 26th vs being in the 77th back in December. I also don’t feel him as much (I’m guessing mostly due to placenta placement) so I worry about him.  Then I think that I need to be worried about little girl because.... I need to keep it fair!

Lake.  Specifically going up to northern MN on the Gunflint Trail where there is no cell service and able to just recharge with the beauty of nature around you.  However, I’ve never done the resort beach type of vacation where you laze around enjoy the sun and drinks - and I do want to experience that someday too!!
  • sbalding88sbalding88 member
    edited February 2020
    @coaster102516 Added it to my registry in case someone wants to buy it and if not, I'll be looking around for it secondhand. 

@jenabary Haha - I should have added Mexican to my list of cravings. I can't get enough of Mexican food. In fact, now I want that for lunch instead of what I packed. Boooo... No salsa for me though - it gives me awful heartburn, worse than the normal heartburn I'm dealing with. :lol:

@korthouse I never was much of a doughnuts person before I was pregnant, and now I dream about them. :lol: This child is her father's daughter when it comes to a sweet tooth, and my weight gain is the result of it. Sigh... :P