March 2020 Moms

February Symptoms

Can't believe we're having our babies next month! How are you feeling? 
Me: 37 | H: 44
**TW**
TTC #1: May 2015
IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
Right tube removed: February 2016
Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
TTC #2: April 2019
BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
BFP #3: July 15, 2019
EDD: March 23, 2020

Re: February Symptoms

• Only 5 weeks and 4 days until this unceasing heartburn stops!
    My sister says that once I have the child I won't sleep as much, but the sleep I get will be higher quality than the sleep I get now.
  • @mauvelousone yes to the sleep bit! I toss and turn all night long. Looking forward to some quality sleep because I know very well that it won't be the quantity of sleep that gets me through the first few months PP. Haha!

**TW**

• Loading the player...
  • Hmmm yeah the sleep for at least  the first three weeks will be the worst of your life. Sorry for the bad news. Interrupted sleep is the worst. You’re used to tossing and turning now, but when the baby is here you actually have to stay up with them when they wake up lol. It’s the one part I dread 
  • I remember all I wanted re: sleep was to finally sleep on my belly again. And then breastfeeding boobs arrived and I still couldn't. Womp. Parenthood and good sleep are just not compatible.
  • @momoftoddlers OMG, that was the WORST!!! I wanted to sleep on my back so badly after delivery, but my uterus still needed to shrink back down and then once my milk came in I was so engorged that it felt like bricks on my chest. Ughhh 😭 At least I know what to expect this time around! Hahaha. 
    **TW**

• My sinuses are ridiculous..I have to wear nasal strips every night and saline spray goes with me everywhere. Also, short of breath occasionally. Oh and if I don't exercise I tend to get a bit swollen. As per last appointment, the babies head is down and oh boy do I feel it..yikes pressure!
  • @grga good for you for exercising still!  That sounds like such a good idea.. but I keep
    choosing naps instead lol

So much pressure with this third baby. I went on a field trip with my daughter’s class this week and sat at the back of the bus, so very bumpy ride. Baby feels so low! It’s getting exciting. 

Anyone else having trouble falling sleeping asleep in the first place? My mind is so restless once I go to bed.  Definitely have the discomfort of side lying and sore hips and having to pee all night long, but I also just feel wide awake once I lay down for bed even though I am super tired all day long. 
  • is anyone feeling upper & outward pressure on their stomach? this baby has not dropped at all and it is pretty intense pressure, esp when I get some BH contractions. also her hiccups tell me she is sideways too... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• caity_rose7caity_rose7 member
    edited February 2020
    is anyone feeling upper & outward pressure on their stomach? this baby has not dropped at all and it is pretty intense pressure, esp when I get some BH contractions. also her hiccups tell me she is sideways too... 
    like pressure, or the actually baby pushing out lol? constantly this babe is shoving her butt out or her feet up while stretching and its freaking painful. but it's definitely her physical body. 
  • Like a tightness pressure? @chichiphin
    **TW**

• yes @puppylove8910 - it's like i'm getting a BH contraction and it pushes her up and sideways, which causes my belly to also go out. Its like in alien lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• yes @puppylove8910 - it's like i'm getting a BH contraction and it pushes her up and sideways, which causes my belly to also go out. Its like in alien lol
    so uncomfortable right?? I tell her, hey , you cant bust out, theres not enough room to do that lol! ugh
  • @chichiphin I have the same going on here. Whenever she moves her butt to one side of my belly button to the other it's like she's going to bust out of my body. I had anterior placenta with DS so I definitely didn't feel this type of movement until the day before my water broke. It's comforting to know she's ok in there, but it definitely hurts more now! 
    **TW**

• @chichiphin I sometimes have to literally push her out of my rib cage or push her back to center. It's hard to capture in a picture, but my belly gets SO lopsided when she's pushing outward. It also puts pressure on my left hip bone, which is a entirely strange sensation. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• soo TMI, but i'm sitting here at work, uncomfortable af because i'm pretty sure I'm backed up just a little but cant exactly go sit on the shared toilet for 15 min trying to squeeze that out past the baby .... 

but seriously also anyone else out there trying to determine between like BH and constipation  . UGH ready for this part to be over.  :#  
  • @caity_rose7 UGH I know, right? I am so sick of feeling constipated or just like unsure of what is going on with my intestines! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @caity_rose7 @EmilyLove25 ughhhhhh +1 for poop issues. I get so much pressure in my rectum now right before I have to go and still requires so much pushing. I'm on Colace and prune juice daily now. Also, my hemorrhoids from DS' birth are officially back. I guess they had FOMO so I'm using Tucks and Sitz baths already. FML😭 At least I am prepared for post partum already 😂
    **TW**

• I literally sit on the toilet thinking “at least this is practice for pushing the baby” and also praying I’m not unknowingly pushing the baby out like on “I didn’t know I was pregnant” lmaoo. And also trying not to push hard to not irritate anything. 

Was able to deal with it when I got home thank god. I was finally wearing comfortable clothes at work, of course something else had to bother me instead 😂😩
  • If I miss one day of my prenatals (that contain a large dose of magnesium) I get backed up. Otherwise I have the opposite problem of "surprise" poop. Like I go to the bathroom to pee, and get surprised by having more to do lol. My digestive system is all over the place - I used to be a regular once-a-day person, but now all bets are off. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• If I miss one day of my prenatals (that contain a large dose of magnesium) I get backed up. Otherwise I have the opposite problem of "surprise" poop. Like I go to the bathroom to pee, and get surprised by having more to do lol. My digestive system is all over the place - I used to be a regular once-a-day person, but now all bets are off. 
    oh god, surprise poop. hahahaha! at least you got room to get it through your system lol . 

so onto another fun symptom, my eyes are killing me from the whole 'extra fluid, slightly blurred vision' thing, I've been getting headaches instantly when I drive, and  I'm wondering if I can hang in there a few more weeks. I can't believe how many more issues I've had this pregnancy than my first lol. 
  • @caity_rose7 I would mention these symptoms to your doctor as a precaution. Headaches and blurred vision are definitely pregnancy symptoms, but can also be a symptom of pre-e. 
    **TW**

• @caity_rose7 I would mention these symptoms to your doctor as a precaution. Headaches and blurred vision are definitely pregnancy symptoms, but can also be a symptom of pre-e. 
    Oh yeah I talked to her. Its barely even blurred, as I have already the weakest prescription.... my eyes can adjust so I can basically see "clearly", but its over straining so I get the headaches, its like as soon as I I'm driving because I am not changing my focus much. Otherwise, its been going on for at least two months and I've had plenty of appointments and I'm all good!! 
  • @stassischroeder Ha! I thought I was the only one with the surprises, OMG
  • omfg sorry for being a chatter box. So i've been struggling with the weight gain. I thought I was on better track this time. First pregnancy I gained like 55 lbs. I had started at my skinniest adult weight and was starving the whole time, never had morning sickness. This time around, I was more like my normal weight, had food aversions in the beginning which kept things mostly in check, but then I got 'hungry' again. I tried to do workouts but I could not squeeze it in. I sit at a desk all day so I wasn't as active. I avoided tracking myself, and was kind of blindsided when around like 28 weeks they said I was gaining too much :( I had asked earlier and said I was on track. I wasn't eating tons of junk food or anything, just eating when I was hungry. lol. 

So since then, I've had a freaking complex. I feel guilt about everything I eat. I hate them for bringing it up. I get why they did, but I hate it. I'm hungry, like I just had a bowl of cereal, an hour later I'm hungry again. another hour later I'll be hungry again. I've been trying to pack healthy snacks for the day at work but I'm exhausted and get sleepy and bored and find myself still going down to see what 'snacks' are in the office kitchen. 

My schedule changed and I had time to start working out again and have been using a pregnancy workout app, but then I started feeling light head after doing it in the mornings and then I'd have to get me and my daughter out the door. I didn't feel like I could keep going at that intensity at this point so I just do some of the short stretching routines now.  I'm so afraid I'm gonna like pack on some ridiculous amount of pounds in these last three weeks and feel like shit. But obviously I shouldn't ignore the hunger. I've also been 'treating' myself a little bit more (and simultaneously feeling like a pig) in these last few weeks because after the baby comes its all about 'eating healthy and getting back to myself' kind of thing. 

anyone else dealing with this inner turmoil?? I so wanted to stay fit and stay on track this time, but I'm running out of energy to keep it up lol
  • @caity_rose7 we are so close to the end. I wouldn’t worry about it at this pt (as long as u don’t have GD). Max u could realistically gain at this pt is 2 lbs/wk and we have like 4 wks left. That’s 8 lbs max. And soon baby will take up so much space, you won’t be hungry every hour bc your stomach will be so small.

i hardly gained anything the last few wks last time and right before birth I lost weight (which is a sign of labor coming). 

It’s too late now, so I wouldn’t stress at this pt. If you were gonna try to manage your weight, second tri would have been the time to do it. You don’t need the stress of calorie counting at this stage in the game. Be Elsa and let it go.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @silverhope You are right, I just can't get it out of my head. I've been trying to let it go a little bit now. Like i'm not gorging myself with junk food all day, but i'm like it is what it is at this point! and I wasn't gorging myself before either, but I was hungry! Wasn't gonna sit there starving all day lol. so I also know like this is just how it is for me, and whatever. I lost all the weight last time, so as long as I'm on top of it, I'm sure I can achieve that again. I just don't wanna hear it from them at the doctor office again like, cool. I've got enough to stress about. and I'm not GD or anything so all good there. 
  • @caity_rose7 So a few things. First, I'm sorry this is even something that is occupying your mind and emotional energy right now Ugh. Second, I am such a fan of WALKING, especially at this point. I go on long walks every day at my lunch break and in the evening. Total game changer! I find it also gives me time to connect with the baby, my dog, or one of my little ones if I bring them. I also use some of them as a chance to listen to pregnancy podcasts on my phone. Third, I refuse to let weight issues be part of my life anymore, so I NEVER let doctors tell me my weight. I simply turn around and say "I'd rather not know." It has never been an issue with any nurse or doctor. And I would flat out tell them at the start of your next appointment that you are trying to focus on having a positive birth and end of pregnancy and you would rather not talk about weight if that is okay. You'll get your body back, girl! I promise! Hugs!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 yeah I told the dr after that appointment I didn’t need an update but I did notice it slowed down at the last one. We went for a walk yesterday at work but it’s literally been raining for 2 weeks here 🤯🤯🤯 and I felt so crampy after that walk 😬😬😬 but since I’ll be working from home the last two weeks I might totally do this in the middle of the day. Otherwise our office is on an industrial road with lots of trucks so I don’t consider it the nicest or safest place to walk lol
  • @caity_rose7 Yeah I had an Appt with my OB yesterday and she emailed me later that she forgot to discuss my weight gain with me. For them it shows a 45 lb weight gain bc I’m on the scale in the afternoon after I’m eaten and drinking a ton + clothes but really I weigh myself in the mornings and it’s a 40lb weight gain. But even then, she’s been telling me to stop gaining weight since I gained 35 lbs. but she keeps telling me the baby is going to be huge and I’m going to have to have a C-section and blah blah and to stop gaining weight. So it stresses me out and I get all anxious!! It’s so annoying 
  • @mrsc918 WOWWWWW I can not believe the way they handled that. I don't understand what they expect us to do. "just stop gaining weight". Like ok, I'm hungry and pregnant and light-headed, I'm gonna eat. and I will do my best to make 'every morsel of food healthy' but also really??? How is this helpful at this point. I gained like 55 or maybe more with the first and she was 7lb 13 oz. came out of me fine . like a simple "remember to continue to eat nutritious food and listen to your body's signals' would suffice from the doctor. This shaming crap is inexcusable!! 
  • @mrsc918 I'm right at about 45 lbs gained (although I think their records show less since I gained a little from when I first found out I KU until my first OB appt at 10 weeks), and not a single person in my OB's office has said anything about it. I gained the same amount with my first, and my baby was delivered vaginally without complications at 8 lb 6 oz, which is completely average for my family. 
    Big, giant middle finger to your OB. What a twat. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Soooo I’m legit in line at the store today about to Black out. I’ve recently started taking iron, I ate eggs and spinach today. Trail mix not long before I went. Wtf 🤯🤯🤯 am I housebound for two weeks or till this baby comes? Idk what else to do to help 
  • @caityrose I've felt like that too, when I didn't eat or drink enough and went out to the store or doing errands.