September 2020 Moms

Week 4 Check in w/o 2/3

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 4th week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?

Re: Week 4 Check in w/o 2/3

• @greyl thanks for making the chats!  I was just coming here to do the same. :smile:

EDD/weeks+days: 6W4D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a reeses peanut butter cup

Upcoming appointments: 2/13 to answer all the health history questions

How are you feeling?  Ugh so nauseous this morning. I've been pretty good until now, but as soon as I got on the train this morning it set in. 

Raves/Rants: Why can't coffee just taste good?  Without it I'm basically falling asleep at my desk by early afternoon, but the taste is just blech.

Questions: nope

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be?  I have a little knitting side hustle and i'd really like to make it full time but its been difficult growing it with a full time job at the same time. 
  • @hp242 no problem! I'm up early (on my day off) and procrastinating so I figured why not :D 
    I haven't had a desire for coffee since like the first week I found out! Definitely need it though
  • Loading the player...
  • @hp242 Oooh I would love to knit as a side hustle! (side note: that reminds me I need to start the February crafting thread). I actually had a friend that did that, she had a knitting blog and I guess was making some money? But alas. I guess I will just keep doing it for fun. 

@hp242 @greyl I'm with you on the coffee thing. I swear my mom (who is visiting th is weekend) is trying to shove it down my throat! I just can't do it now. Too queasy.

EDD/weeks+days: 6+3

Team finding out/blue/pink/green: undecided still!

Baby is the size of a: chocolate chip. 

Upcoming appts: two weeks from Thursday, which still feels like a freaking eternity and a half!

How are you feeling? Boobs are so sore still. It's so weird to be both queasy all the time and hungry all the time. I made some amazing frozen breakfast burritos last week and this week I just can't stomach the thought of them. Gonna have to find some other way to feed myself. 

Raves/rants: had a nice weekend with my parents! Went to the zoo, and ate some good food. We'll see if they make it out today because it's supposed to start snowing!

Questions: anybody else feeling really self-conscious about the way they look? My brain knows that my baby is only the size of a chocolate chip but my body looks so bloated and I have some Terrible breakouts. Where's that pregnancy glow I hear of? 😬

GTKY: probably also something with knitting. I also sewed our Halloween costumes this year and it was super fun. Would be nice to be paid to do that too. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 7w0d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound this wednesday!!!! I'm so excited

How are you feeling? Just tired and a little cranky

Raves/Rants: I had a 3 day migraine this weekend....three whole days. Ruined my weekend so I was pretty bummed. This happened my first pregnancy as well but stopped in 2nd tri so I hope this won't be an ongoing thing during this pregnancy.

Questions: Anyone's bellies super tender? I was surprised how tender mine is...especially when I bend over the crib to lie the  twins down at night. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do it. 

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Video game tester. I've done some alpha and beta testing but as a volunteer. It's monotonous but I find it fascinating. If only I could get paid while doing it lol. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @jennifer_louise girl, same. I went to a family get together on Saturday and my mom said, "wow you look really tired." Then called me today and said the same thing.  Thanks, mom...thanks. I am so broken out.

EDD/weeks+days: 7wks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: 2/12 with dating ultrasound!

How are you feeling? Way better today. Got some B6 and it's a lifesaver. I was so sick on Sunday and MH took care of the kids, did the dishes, cleaned up and vacuumed the house. It was amazing.

Raves/Rants: We had a scare with my 1yo at 1030 pm on Saturday. He woke up and was having a hard time breathing. Rushed him to ER and after a steroid shot is fine. He tested negative for flu and RSV. We got home at 1am but I was too scared to sleep in case he regressed. So scary

Questions: nope

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Work at Barnes and Nobles. Or own a bookstore/cross stitch store. Or be a retired millionaire and travel the world with the family lol
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6 weeks 1 day

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lentil

Upcoming appointments: 2/21

How are you feeling? Still pretty normal, a little tired

Raves/Rants: Everything is pretty normal over here so far. We told our parents & my sister last weekend. They are all super excited. We probably won't tell anyone else until at least after the first appointment, maybe not until 2nd tri.

Questions: None

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Hmmm.... cat sitter? Food critic? Mattress tester? :D lol
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • EDD: Sept 26, 6w 4d
    Team: no clue. Part of me wants to try Team Green but idk if I could ever do it after my first delivery. 
    Size of baby: chocolate chip!
    Appt: had one today. I was referred to a high risk doc to address my IUD. That appt is Feb 18
    Feeling: kinda crummy, but nothing compared to my last pregnancies. I'm really stressed about my fake job though
    Rants/Raves: I'm the VP of my local early childhood PTA chapter and I'm in charge of Fundraising. It's a volunteer position that's running me into the ground. We have our big annual fundraiser event in April so that's really starting to ramp up and with the stress and surprise of this pg news, I just can't. Like I'm breaking. 
    GTKY: I've always wanted to be a barista. But I still dont really know what I wanna be when I grow up I'm reading a book called Designing Your Life and I'm hoping that will give me some clarity and I could finally find something that caters to my strengths and interests. 
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • Oh,my question is what is w/o 2/3 in the title of most posts?
  • OMG I FIGURED IT OUT

WEEK OF 2/3

I'm smart  :p
  • cabearitcabearit member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/27: 6 weeks + 4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team green :) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Ladybug

Upcoming appointments: 2/18 is my first OB + Sonogram

How are you feeling? Today has been the first day where the nausea isn't absolutely wretched. Still feeling queasy and tired most of the time. 

Raves/Rants: I've been knocked off my feet for the past week, it seems. As soon as I get W down for bed at 8 p.m. I sit down and have a hard time getting back up to do anything. I was finally feeling like my life was getting back in order after W's birth last April and now things are upset again. Oh well, at least it's for good reason :) I am looking forward to that second tri energy though. 

Questions: Nada.

GTKY: If you could have any job what would it be? Honestly, I have a pretty great job in that it's not super demanding and allows me to work from home 4 days a week- but, I plan on quitting after this baby. My dream job is just to be a SAHM. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I meant to come back earlier in the week for tags etc, but got a stupid cold and its been miserable not being able to take Tylenol C&S and DH is away so I'm whiney on my own.

@jennifer_louise ooo a costume sewing business would be fun too!

@linz36 hope your appointment went well!

@rocketmom88 sign me up for the retired millionaire life!