Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 1/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 1/30

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 8/5

CD: 46

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, currently NTNP

R/R: today starts the basement repair process. They'll be here sometime between 8-10 this morning to do an inspection and get things moving. The whole process should take 7-10 days they said. They're tearing out 23 feet of wall, excavating everything next to the wall, pouring new footings, reinforcing with rebar and building a new wall, and then lastly, waterproofing inside and outside before they back fill my yard. Looks like it's time for DH and I to get started on our HELOC application.

CS/Q:  
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, OPKs, plenty of BDing

R/R: this is the longest week EVER! I’ve was so exhausted yesterday and slept terribly again last night, so I feel like I’m in for another long day. Is January over yet?? LOL 

CS/Q: I’m honestly not sure if I should be in TWW or WTO, I really thought I O’d on CD16, but then last night had EWCM, and my temps still haven’t risen above normal. So here I wait...this is my first month temping, so I feel like I’m still figuring it out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama I'm glad the work is getting started today, hopefully it will all be done on schedule. FX that it was just the basement stress that delayed ovulation and your ovaries will kick back into gear one this is all resolved. 

@runningoncookies I feel ya. This is also my first month really temping and so far they are all over the place. I have no idea how I'm going to identify a pattern. I will be surprised if there are CHs in my future. 

@bows22 I have no idea why anyone finds the smell of cigars appealing. It is one of the most nauseatingly disgusting smells in my opinion. Sorry you had to deal with that. Good luck with FW!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, temping, OPKs, possibly staying awake long enough to BD

R/R: Slept terribly night before last, then last night was so tired I passed out on the couch at 8 pm, so we have already failed at day 1 of SMEP haha. Good news is I had a stark white OPK yesterday and still no CM to speak of, so I highly doubt this was really a missed opportunity. Oh well!

CS/Q: No questions, all over the map. Thinking I may have actually had a slight fever yesterday as I had mild cold symptoms all day, so I will almost certainly end up discarding that one.

• Options
    @gingermama29 - Wow that's a huge undertaking!! At least it'll be interesting to watch the whole process!

@runningoncookies - January really has felt so long!

@bows22 - Oh man! I hate the smell of smoke too! Everyone used to make fun of me in college because no matter how wasted I was, I would come home from the bar and take a full shower (and put my clothes in a plastic grocery bag in my hamper). Waking up hungover with that smell is the worst and even drunk me was able to think ahead lol I hope the smell (and headache) goes away soon!

Month/Cycle: 18

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Biopsy and ERA testing

R/R: I just knew today was going to be one of those days... Drove all the way to the doctor this morning and no one put me in for an ultrasound (just bloodwork). And so they said I'd have to wait until a PA shows up and puts in the order (and that they didn't know what time she'd be in). So I was kind of a hocus pocus witch and said I was just going to leave then because I was already going to be late for work and I wasn't just going to sit around with no end time. So then they were able to just magically get the orders and squeeze me in. Turns out my lining barely increased (like I expected) and the whole thing was a waste of time ...

CS/Q: None
  • Options
    @gingermama29 Hope the repairs go quickly!!!!! 

@runningoncookies I would think by your chart, you would be safe to assume O was CD16, but I think CHs should come in a day or so. FX for you!!! 

@bows22 Eeeeeewwww cigar bars. Hard pass from me!!! Hope the smell dissipates soon!

@fitzfizz Haha that is the peril of SMEP - starting on CD8 is super early, and it can be a looooooong wait for O depending on your cycle! 

@feather_heather Ugh I'm sorry, friend. So glad they got their $hit together in the end and got your orders in. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/2(AL)

CD:6 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPKs, tracking CM,Tracking with FF, Clearblue Fertility Monitor this month, Praying, Staying positive, BDing EOD, preseed

R/R: Ugh, I’m sooo irritable and frustrated this morning. I plugged in my phone last night when I went to bed and I woke up and my alarm didn’t go off on it like it usually does, the phone was at 55 percent and didn’t charge overnight and now I can’t get it to charge at all. I’ve tried plugging it into 4 different wall outlets and 2 separate new charges and nothing. I’ve restarted the phone 3 times now and have taken the battery completely out of the back and put it back in and still nothing. My phone is now at 45 percent. It’s going to be dead before I even get to work. What the actual F*#k phone??. 😡🤬 Stupid old POS phone. I have no idea what I’m going to do if I can’t get it to ever charge again. If this is what my day is going to be like then I should have stayed in bed. 😢😖 It’s going to be one of those days today I just know it. 

CS/Q: None

@gingermama29 I hope all goes well with the basement repairs and they go fast. 

@runningoncookies I’m so sorry you had a terrible sleep last night. I know the feeling. Lately I haven’t been able to sleep well either. It’s sucks. Hope your able to sleep better tonight. 

@bows22 ugh. Cigar smell is the worst. Sorry you had to stay there longer then you had wanted or even at all. I’m sorry you have a headache. I hope it goes away for you soon. That smell would make me sick too. Can I come with you for October too? Lol 🎃 

@fitzfizz Sorry you slept crappy the other night. Least you were able to sleep on the couch at 8pm lol. I hope your slight fever and cold symptoms don’t get any worse and that you feel better soon.

@mvt2003 Mmm Oreos lol. I love those. Enjoy your cookies girl 😆 I hope your results call is a good one. FX you can start shots tonight. 

@feather_heather ugh, so sorry to hear that. Those days are frustrating. Glad they were able to squeeze you in at the end. We all need to be hocus pocus witch sometimes to get what we need lol. Sorry it was all just a waste of time for you. 

• Options
    @runningoncookies hope you get some cycle clarity soon.

@bows22 we chose to be here today and DH may take Monday off but we're not required to be here. Getting access to the house really isn't an issue given the giant hole in the wall. They'll get into the bulk of the project on Monday though. Today is just excavating and shoring up the hole with plywood until they can really dive in on Monday. Ugh cigars are the worst. Glad you didn't have to stay too long.

@fitzfizz thanks. I think my weight and PCOS are the issue behind no O yet. Glad missing day 1 of smep seems like it'll be okay.

@feather_heather for sure! I'm curious to see how they'll get around the mudroom blocking access to the wall outside and the stairs going down to the basement. Ugh sorry the appointment was crappy.

@mvt2003 thanks friend. 9am Oreos sound like a perfect choice! Yummmm.

@inthewoods23 our insurance doesn't cover this because it's considered Earth movement. This project will cost $22k. It's the reason we're NTNP right now. It didn't feel financially responsible to actively TTC with this big unexpected financial burden we were hit with. Glad you're feeling more refreshed today!

@mindyb2019 ugh what a crappy way to start the day. I hope you can get your phone to take a charge. 
  • Options
    @gingermama29 omg noooo. Not with any homeowner insurance? Hope you have a good payment plan!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    kpearse99 said:
    Lurking from TWW - Just here to say that I'm loving the October hypes!!!

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: opk, temping

R/R: I have to renew my DL tomorrow... Grrr. 

CS/Q: wondering if the temp drop is an O one or if its because I had to temp at 3:30 instead of 6:30. Not sure if yesterday was O day or today. 🤔

• Options
    @mvt2003 is that really true about IVF babies? Why?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    linzrunzlinzrunz member
    edited January 2020
    First off (and possibly a UO) get out of here with your October hype.  I need summer first!!!  I can't even begin to think about fall and Halloween.  K thanks.

ETA: Just kidding.  I'm an idiot.  Bring on the October hype.  I get it now.   :D

@gingermama29 So glad you're getting that all taken care of.  I'm sure it'll be a huge relief once it's all done.

@runningoncookies January is almost over!  Hang in there!!  And c'mon O let's do this!

@bows22 I hope today is an easy day for you so you can recuperate after yesterday.  I would have hated the cigar bar too.  MH likes to smoke a cigar every once in a while (usually after work before he comes home) and he has to shower and brush his teeth immediately after getting home.  Also, Yay FW!!!

@fitzfizz Yeah yesterday's temp does seem a little out of place.  Hope you're feeling better today!

@feather_heather ugh that doesn't sound like fun.  I'm sorry you had to go through all that.  I hope the day gets better!

@mvt2003 I hope Wanda at least bought you dinner first.   :D FX for good news with the results and good luck with shots!

@inthewoods23 Glad you're feeling more refreshed today!

@mindyb2019 Oh my goodness I hate when that happens.  Have you tried blowing into the charging hole?  Maybe there's dust or something in there that's preventing the charger to make a connection.  I hope you're able to get your phone to charge!

@legendairymomma Renewing DL is annoying.  Hope it all goes smoothly!

Month/Cycle: 1/1 after 3 years during round 1

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: tube snake boogie

R/R: Rant - I was able to get more sleep last night but was up a lot for little increments during the night.  Hopefully tonight I can actually get a good nights sleep.  Also, I'm so sore from the gym.  I feel like a whiny baby.
    Rave - I finally have a day where I can relax a bit, so I'm planning on crocheting and catching up on Brooklyn 99 all afternoon.

CS/Q: nope

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    @mindyb2019 that same phone thing happened to MH a couple months ago...he basically took a paper clip to the inside of the charging port in his phone and said he pulled out so much dust, sand, lint, all that sort of grossness. Now it works perfectly and charges no problem. Phone problems are so frustrating!
  • Options
    @linzrunz to be fair, we haven't done as much month hyping lately, but we went through a period where we did some solid hype for each month's BMB. The May one was particularly easy to find memes about: 

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @mvt2003 that May GIF is what started it all!!  <3<3
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    Well, got some not so good news with my phone today. I took it into a Phone repair place after work and it’s not the battery and it’s not the charger port on it. It’s the main board inside it that has some issues and it’s not holding a charge anymore and it’s keeps turning it self on and off and rebooting so it’s like toast. 😖 It’s stone cold dead now.  I’m not surprised as it’s a really really old phone lol. It will cost like $200 bucks to fix so it’s not really worth it. At this point if I’m going to spend that money I’m going to just spend a few hundred more and get a new phone. So I pretty much have no phone or way to contact anybody until I find a new phone to buy. I feel kinda weird and lost without my phone right now. Don’t really want to spend a whole bunch of money at the moment but it’s looking like I don’t really have much of a choice. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @feather_heather That is so annoying that they wouldn't just do it, because I can basically guarantee they just put in the order and had someone sign it later. It happens all the time. Sorry your lining had not increased.

@mvt2003 It took me a minute to realize what Wanda was, then I busted out laughing. Is that a common name here? I order those all the time and now I am going to struggle to order a pelvic US without giggling at the concept of Wanda.

Re: BMBs, if I did get KU this month I would be looking at the very end of October, and given a significant family history of going 1-2 weeks over, I would almost certainly be in November. I would definitely be picking the BMB with the better group haha

@inthewoods23 Couch naps are the best. Somehow much more refreshing than my bed. One of life's great mysteries.

@mindyb2019 So sorry your phone is being annoying! It is nuts how much not having a functional phone can mess with your life. I hope you get it fixed or replaced soon.

@legendairymomma Your timing looks awesome, hopefully that gets you off the merry go round soon!

@linzrunz BMBs aside, fall is the best! I'm guessing you don't live in the south haha
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited January 2020
    I’m sorry guys - this may be the story of my life this tax season
     @fitzfizz I think you’ll still be pretty SMEPy even if you start on CD 9!

@feather_heather I’m so sorry your lining didn’t thicken but I’m obsessed with how you stood up to your RE office!

@mvt2003 you can absolutely start November hype! That way when I’m crushed by a BFN I can have a silver lining haha

@inthewoods23 yes my eyes were on fire!! And that sucks that you still need the lupron, I hope that you still are saving a little $$ by having some

@mindyb2019 oh I’m so sorry about your phone! I wonder if you could get one on the Facebook marketplace for cheap? Are phones still a thing that people sell? I’m old

@legendairymomma did you get your Real ID? (If you are in the US?) I’m regretting that I didn’t just take care of it when I renewed my license last year.

@linzrunz cracking up at your interpretation of the October hype!! You were probably like who the f are these people hahaha
  • Options
    @bows22 lol yes phones are totally still a thing people sell. There’s tons of them online. I found a few close to where I live that I can buy. I’m going to get one.