March 2020 Moms

January Questions

2»

Re: January Questions

• Wait what is all that for @miss.sally?!
  • @miss.sally yea what does raspberry leaf tea do again? I got a sample from my Hospital pre-admission packet but haven’t tried it bc I couldn’t remember the details on when/why to use it. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • @miss.sally @varimama @lemonlove86 I always start taking it around 32/33 weeks because it takes a LONG time to build up in your system. I was going to bust mine out next week. It allegedly helps shorten labor. A component of it helps tone some of the muscles used in labor. Also, it tastes good (I prefer mine cold). 

I think it's fun to look at all the things that could help "get your body in a positive place" for labor. The one with the most research seems to be eating dates in the last 4 weeks... but dates are umm... not the best? Haha.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @miss.sally OOO I have so much of this leftover from when I was TTC! Great question. Curious to know when we should start drinking it again, if not already!
  • Thanks everyone!! I’m starting tonight with one cup and I’ll see how it goes/move to two next week and then three for the last couple before the big day! I’m 32 and change so it sounds like a good plan. 
  • I completely forgot about raspberry leaf tea! Honestly my labor wasn’t long with my first (about 16 hours total but only like 3 hours after we got to the hospital) so I might avoid it....I don’t know.
  • So my one dog has been SUPER protective over me since I got back from my trip--anyone else have this happen with a dog? Like, at some point during being KU all of a sudden the dog is like overboard protective? To be fair, he is the protective one, and is protective of me anyway, but it's been overboard the past ~24 hours. I talked sternly to a spider and tapped the kitchen counter and he came roaring into the kitchen ready to save me. 
  • @EmilyLove25 since you drink the RRL tea cold, do you make a large batch of iced tea in the morning and drink it throughout the day? I was contemplating doing this (with three bags so that I’m getting the “3” per day). But I wasn’t sure if all the good stuff in it stays? I also prefer iced tea so it sounds much easier. Haha
  • @miss.sally YES! This isn't the exact recipe (I think I used agave syrup because I don't eat honey) but it was basically this, and it legitimately was good: https://www.nutty4nutrition.com/blog/2016/7/19/iced-red-raspberry-leaf-tea

From what I've read the good stuff does stay in, but I am FOR SURE not an expert haha. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 ugh the taste of dates! I tried last pregnancy and nope. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @EmilyLove25 thank you!!! I don’t generally need any sweetener in mine anyways so I’ll just forego that part. It’s so hard to believe we are actually close enough to be doing labor prep!! Ahh! 

@kailanae I didn’t do anything with my first but had pre-e so I was induced anyways. I tried a few things with my second because I had prodromal labor for a long time, and by the time I had him I was only in active labor for 5 hours and he was out in three pushes. Lol. So I’m hoping if I’m proactive about things this time I’ll have a nice quick easy (early) labor. 
  • I'm the same as @kailanae. My DS came 5 days early and I had a 13 hour labor that included 2 hours of pushing. The only thing I did was bounce on my yoga ball most of the third trimester, but that was for tailbone and low back support. I don't plan to do anything except mentally prepare for a late arrival 😂 Because you never know! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @silverhope I really like dates! This should have been my UO yesterday!
  • @silverhope @miss.sally @EmilyLove25 I also LOVE dates like @kagesstarshroom ! I always chomp on them for a snack. Get the pitted ones and you can put some peanut butter with them as well. 

Lara bars are a great way to eat dates also
  • @dunder_mifflin good idea on the Lara bars!!! Didn’t even think about that. Genius. 
  • Let us know what your doctor says @varimama!
  • @varimama Everything I read about it said who knows if it actually does the things that the studies say about it, but at the same time, it definitely can't hurt. From what I read, it might shorten the first state of labor, but does little to the second two, according to studies, so I feel like there's little chance drinking it in third tri would interfere with your hospital drive, if what I read is to be believed. 
  • @lemonlove86 Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud at your glow-in-the-dark nail story!  Too funny!

@miss.sally Oooh raspberry tea leaf?  I've heard of eating dates when you're close to your due date (like @EmilyLove25 said).. I'm intrigued!  I'll have to try it out!

Oh nice idea on the Lara bars @dunder_mifflin!!
  • @Malidocious the tea is actually super yummy. But I’m a tea drinker so maybe I’m biased. I’ve been drinking 1-2 cups per day. Also I sent you a PM 😊😊
  • @varimama I spoke with my OB about RRLT at my appt, and she said “I wouldn’t drink anything that could shorten labor because it can put you at risk for preterm labor.” So I’m just not going to do it. But my OB is annoyingly conservative on some things and then LOVES to suggest meds like candy. So I’m hesitant to listen to anything she says
  • @mrsc918 maybe she said that because you’re having some contractions? I haven’t had any besides a few BH when I’ve overdone it and my OB seemed to think RRLT is harmless and may help. He did say he’s not sure it’s as effective as people think it might be but that it won’t hurt. I’m not a tea drinker so I’m going to try a sample bag I was given This weekend and then decide if I want to buy any more. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Kind of random but... do y’all use bibs when breastfeeding? I was given a bunch of bibs at my shower and not sure if I should just put them away until LO starts on solids or if they are needed/useful for breastfeeding.
  • @creativesoul83 Not so much with breastfeeding (I use gerber cloth diapers as burp cloths for that) but my main use for bibs, especially the more absorbent ones, was for drool caused by teething.  
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • @creativesoul83 same as above, didn’t use bibs for breastfeeding but did use them mostly for drool. I preferred the kind you can just wipe off for when DS actually started solids! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @creativesoul83 @varimama agreed on using the wipe-able bibs for solids.  I like the kind that have a little pocket at the bottom to help catch dropped food too. 
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020
  • I literally never used a bib but everyone loves to give them at showers! I love the bandanas for drool
  • @hmama716 I did get some of the bandana kind, so I'll keep those handy and put away the rest.
  • @creativesoul63 it is just a personal choice- I never gravitated to the bibs, but my DS was also a very tidy eater haha
  • Ladies, I couldn't get the bump to work for over a week and I missed ya! But I'm back and there's not too much action on here. Did you all leave for FB? Otherwise, what's new?
  • @momoftoddlers I've seen through FB activity that a LOT of people can't log in via mobile. I'm almost always on desktop so I'm still able to get in. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Maybe try updating the app. I've never had an issue with mobile bumping! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @momoftoddlers the last update made the bump really glitchy for me. It works but is a pain. I’m still coming back to make sure I get people who message me into the fb group but I know many other people have given up. Send me a pm if you wanted added to the fb group! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @stassischroeder @varimama Ugh so frustrating that the Bump isn't working properly. Unfortunately FB is a no-go for me.  :'(
  • @momoftoddlers I think they are working on setting up a private Bump board, but I don't know if it's up yet.  If it is, I want an invite!  When I'm at work, Facebook is blocked and so it's easier to be on Bump right now since work is finally not busy anymore (woo-hoo!).