September 2020 Moms
Options

UO Unpopular Opinions 1/16

machenomacheno member
edited January 2020 in September 2020 Moms
Hey ladies! Let's hear those unpopular opinions!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO Unpopular Opinions 1/16

• Options
    twentythree19twentythree19 member
    edited January 2020
    @chasingroygbiv while I enjoy the food at Chipotle, I don't eat there on principle. I find their marketing about their "natural" and cage free ingredients to be misleading. I'm not opposed to cage free or certified organic or even Non-GMO food, but if a business can't paint an accurate picture of those classifications, I take issue with it. (Side note, the label "natural" on foods/products is not defined or regulated by government or trade association so literally any product can say "made with natural ingredients" and it be totally false and there is no one to enforce/correct it.) ETA: Friends, right???  ;)

My UO: I think gasoline smells good. (Totally weird, I know...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I hope we can still be friends even though I hold chipotle close to my heart lol I get that it’s not for everyone though

@corngirl why do you think the marketing is misleading? Their main thing about being “real and natural” is that there are no preservatives or additives (except for citrus juice) I know that for a fact. and all of the animals are pasture-raised. 
    Also I enjoy the smell of gas too!

My UO is that I don’t think you should have to keep people in your life if they don’t support you. Or if they are just miserable people in general. And that includes family members. Just because we are related doesn’t mean I have to deal with you being a toxic person to be around. 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I have never had their food, so that is cool with me. But I am also super picky and generally don't eat Mexican food with the exception of very plain tacos that I know the ingredients of. I have to eat before I go if meeting friends at a Mexican restaurant because usually the only thing I can eat there is plain chips.

@corngirl I agree it does smell good. Except when I accidentally get it on my hands and then have to smell it for the rest of the day. 

My UOs: I always watch TV with captions on and I do not like baked chocolate. Nothing from a chocolate batter or dough. No brownies, chocolate cookies, or chocolate cake for me. I do love regular chocolate.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @greyl Your UO totally makes up for the fact that you like Chipotle.  ;)

I agree with you 110%. We actually cut ties with my MIL because she is not good for us nor our children. She, overalls is not a good person, but she’s also very condescending towards me in FRONT of our kids. Nope. 
  • Options
    I think the baby Yoda is cute and all but I also think it is super creepy...
    He makes me think of a scary creature from a faerie story. 
  • Options
    @robyn2201 Haha! I might eat a chocolate chip cookie because I love chocolate chips, but definitely not a chocolate chip cookie with chocolate dough like a double chocolate fudge cookie.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @starlynn91 Same! My husband is pretty embarrassed by this. I just have no interest.....
  • Options
    @starlynn91 I was going to post that as my UO as well.  I have actually seen bits and pieces  of some of the movies but they don't interest me at all.  

As far as all this talk of Chipotle now I just want a burrito bowl with some guacamole  :)
  • Options
    I like the old Star Wars movies because I watched them with my dad as a little kid so they feel nostalgic and fun, but I haven't seen any of the new movies and I'm just not into the idea of sitting through them. Our best friends are moving to another state at the end of the month and they really wanted us to watch The Mandalorian with them before they go (we have a standing dinner and movie/tv/game night every Friday) and it is pretty fun so far but not really something I would have chosen for myself.
    Not that I'm not a nerd because I love me some Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica. ;)

• Options
    @chasingroygbiv I don't mind chipotle, but I don't really get the cult following. I eat there because they follow my rule of limited menu. I don't trust restaurants with a large menu (I see you cheesecake factory). There is no way that they can keep up with quality if they have 100 menu items. 

@Louise_Belcher I started doing this from my roommate's in college. We would watch movies and hate missing dialogue. Especially in dramas where the dialogue is sooo quiet and then the score is ear piercingly loud. Now I do it because I turn the tv down when DS sleeps.

@starlynn91 you're not missing much I've seen one of the old ones, and one of the newer ones from the early 2000s. Snooze.

My UO: I don't like pumpkin spice anything. I think it's because I find the name misleading. When I think of pumpkin spice it should be spicy like a chai- which I would rather have. Also, there's no pumpkin in them so why bother calling it that just call it a spiced latte.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I’m glad you said that :) 
    & oh wow that’s good that you cut ties with her. She sounds super miserable and that is definitely not okay that she is condescending towards you (in the first place) but especially in front of your kids!!! 
  • Options
    My UO is that I dong like the taste of bacon. Most people get upset when they hear that until they realize that I pull the bacon off things in restaurants and they get to eat it. They don’t seem to be upset after that :) 

@beaandthebabes I agree about baby yoda. I think it’s cute in the show but I find all the memes incredibly repetitive and a little creepy. And most of them don’t make much sense, it just seems like people are trying to make a meme with baby yoda whether it fits or not. 
  • Options
    @scaron86 no bacon for this girl either! Although I do like the smell of it.
  • Options
    I don't know where you all are located but Freebirds is SO much better than Chipotle. Y'all have to try it once in your lifetime. 

My UO: I could really care less about The Office...
  • Options
    @mcano1016 ditto on The Office
  • Options
    @corngirl I also love the smell of gasoline, DH thinks I’m insane

My UO: I hate cilantro and it drives me crazy that some restaurants (chipotle included) feel the need to add it to everything
  • Options
    @autumn092020 cilantro is the WORST.

my UO is (this is really random, lol) that apparently I’m the only human in the world that liked the movie Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. The only reason this popped in my head is my husband and I were going through DVDs before he went to bed—sorting them before we put them in our new bookshelf and he wanted to toss it and I wanted to keep it. I thought it was an odd movie, but it wasn’t horrible. I’d watch it again. He said no one else would. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @krasbury I think you’re right, you’re the only one that likes that movie 😂 with that said, I actually saw the midnight release of that movie (back when they had true midnight releases) but with good reason. My husband is NOT in touch with his feminine side at all. Back before we weren’t even dating yet, I used to go to bed by 8:30 every night. So one day he jokingly bet me that I wouldn’t go see the midnight release of ALVS With him.  Well, I told him if I did, he had to go see the midnight release of magic mike with me (I had no intention of seeing that movie normally but I knew it would make him squirm). He thought I was bluffing so agreed. Well, as he knows now, I rarely bluff. It was completely worth it seeing how uncomfortable he was sitting in that movie theater with only him and 2 other guys watching a movie about male strippers! I still tease him about it :)
  • Options
    greyl said:
    @corngirl why do you think the marketing is misleading? Their main thing about being “real and natural” is that there are no preservatives or additives (except for citrus juice) I know that for a fact. and all of the animals are pasture-raised. 

Corngirl here! I can't get out of the quote box! Anyway, thanks for patiently waiting for me - I'm not an every day poster at the moment. So my issue is not with real, natural, or preservative/additive free, but rather the way they say that the rest of the pork industry are raising their pigs "wrong" by not feeding them a vegetarian only diet (pigs are naturally omnivorous) and that the pigs are kept in cages. Small pens inside? Yes, but never cages. And the only time they're "stacked on top of each other" is when pigs are loaded on a double decker trailer to transport them to the butcher. Which I would wager is the same way the pigs that Chipotle gets their pork from are transported to the butcher since they are a national food chain and go through large volumes of pork. I'm not saying that the whole pork industry is doing it right, but rather that Chipotle is using their difference of opinion to vilify the traditional pork industry to raise their own profits. 
    Here's the videos I've watched that make me feel this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LtelwIqkg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azhry6BJP5I

• Options
    @corngirl hey girl! I totally understand what you’re saying and I respect that! Thanks for clarifying. I can definitely see how that would be irritating especially for those who raise pigs for a living. 
  • Options
    My UO is that I despise social media. Yes, I use it, obviously lol. But I hate what it's become. When I first joined facebook as a college student it was for students only and used as a way to get to know other students (yeah, I'm that old). Now it's about trying to one up the next person, bully others, spread false information etc. I'm on facebook now because my last BMB moved there after we all gave birth. But I really think it's done terrible things to society as a whole. I'll use instagram to follow some friends who have their own businesses/blogs but the ads are taking over. And I recently started using pinterest which is cool but also riddled with ads and things I don't need. I don't really count the bump because I think of this place more as a support group but I wouldn't be sad if all social media just up and disappeared one day.

Rant over!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    Oh and my other UO, is people who are not educated in a subject speaking about the subject as if they were an expert (i.e. vaccines, politics, etc).

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @linz36 I'm that old, too! Joined the original facebook when you had to wait for it to be available at your college. 
    BabyFruit Ticker