Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 1/23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Thursday 1/23

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo I’ll be an early bird with you today! My husband is the same when it comes to his back! He’s been having issues for years but every time he throws it or tweaks it he seems to wait until it’s dire until he does something about it and it drives me mad because it has gotten so bad before that he can barely walk and then guess who has to take off work to help him get to a doctor?!? We now know that his problem is a slipped disk that causes his sciatic nerve to be pinched. It’s awful. BUT if he would do his stretches and exercises every day it would improve. Instead he only tries to do then after he’s started hurting. 😒 FX for you that he’s feeling up to HIO this weekend! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: vitamins/supplements, MH is now being a butthead about taking his, HIO, BBT, OPKs

R/R: So the big boss actually got really worked up yesterday about how cold it was in our corner of the office. He said his thermostat in his office was reading 62. So this morning there was a guy in here checking temps and climbing a ladder to check vents. FX it’s warmer in here today!!

CS/Q: none

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 18/18

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: IVF

R/R: I know it got talked about in the weekly randoms, but the whole app being glitchy thing was a real bummer last night! I felt adrift without TTGP! 

I woke up genuinely feeling like it was Friday, and given that it's only Thursday that was a bit problematic :D I'm planning to go to the gym to run on the track tonight though, which should be fun. I'm not worrying too much about my pace and progress etc. right now, just putting on music I love and jogging it out. I figure I only have a limited number of opportunities left to run unencumbered now, so might as well enjoy them fully! I'll be on a forced hiatus (walking is NOT the same :D ) for the entire month of February essentially. 

CS/Q: Nope

@ttcbabyodo Oh no I'm so sorry! MH threw his back out (or so we thought) two years ago and it finally got so bad that we went to the doctor, and it turned out it was actually a kidney stone! Hoping it's an easy fix for you guys! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo I usually only use mobile, but it has been terrible lately so I switched to the laptop and I'm just seeing the signatures for the first time. Your bog witch poster made me laugh to the point of accidentally spitting coffee on my computer, so thanks for the laugh! Sorry your DH is being stubborn, hopefully it is nothing that would impair weekend plans. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, temping, OPKs

R/R: It is CD2 and I am already over my CD1 excitement and back to remembering AF sucks. I haven't had a real period in 7 years due to birth control, so I think I had forgotten. Boo.

CS/Q: Nothing to see yet, but I'm already liking FF more. More of an old school look/feel, but cleaner. 
  • Options
    Apparently there are a lot of early birds simultaneous posting!

@krystrist2014 FX you don't have to wear your coat for coffee or temperature reasons today. 

@mvt2003 A couple weeks ago I apparently spent an entire Thursday thinking it was Friday. Told multiple people to have a good weekend. When I went to leave I said "see you next week" to one of my coworkers. She asked me if I took tomorrow off and it dawned on me that I still had one more day. Worst Friday ever...
  • Options
    @ttcbabyodo - Oh man! I hope your DH is able to be seen soon and that it doesn't effect BD this weekend!

@krystrist2014 - Yikes 62 is freezing for an office! It's always colder than what the thermostat says too! Are you allowed to bring in a small space heater?

@mvt2003 - Enjoy your run! Yes, you will not want to be doing any sort of running once you start stimming. Even just walking was uncomfortable for me towards the end of it. My ovaries felt so heavy and I could feel gravity pulling at them with every step.

@fitzfizz - Yay! Hope your cycle is able to regulate quickly!

Month/Cycle: 18

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: IVF - Taking this cycle to do additional testing

R/R: Started planning ahead and putting in vacation days for long weekends this summer and I realized the one singular upside to not being KU yet - we will get one whole summer at the RV just us and be able to really relax and enjoy the down time (before we have a LO and are up super early everyday and the RV gets filled with all the things a LO needs). Just have to look on the bright side sometimes lol

CS/Q: None
  • Options
    @mvt2003 oh man I hate it when I think it’s Friday and it’s not! It’s the worst!
    And @fitzfizz your story about thinking it’s Friday is basically a nightmare! Lol. Also I 100% feel your pain about AF. I had had an IUD for 5 years before this and I am having a hard time adjusting back to AF visiting monthly is hard!
    @feather_heather yay for planning vacations!! That’s a great silver lining to focus on for now. 😊 To answer your question, no, personal heaters are not allowed. 😕

• Options
    @feather_heather Ooooh this summer is going to be so nice and relaxing!!! You get to enjoy that beautiful RV! I think I've told you my in-laws' RV has more of a Breaking Bad vibe, and even being at the campground is a huge trigger for me right now, but if I were ever to do it, yours is much more my scene! <3 Also, I basically had a moment like this when I had my IVF review call on Monday when they told me my exercise restrictions stay until after beta: 

@krystrist2014 Oh god I would not survive without my desk heater! That stinks!

@fitzfizz Ooof that Friday morning wake-up must have been a beast! Yikes! 

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo I'm cracking up at the thought of you just going about the rest of your morning with that jingle stuck in your head!  YH's groin is probably starting to hurt because he's now using other muscles/parts of his body to compensate for his back pain. ugh! Men! Why are they so damn stubborn when it comes to getting help??!!

@krystrist2014 Look at you being all early today with your post!! I'm impressed! haha I hope it gets warmer in there for you! My office is usually on the chilly side too, I keep a space heater under my desk haha

@mvt2003 Running for YOURSELF is the best way to run!! You go girl!!  Are you told to only walk for the month of Feb. because of IVF? I'm guessing that's the case...

@fitzfizz Ugh the first period after not getting one for so long due to BC or an IUD sucks!!! It will be over soon though :)

@feather_heather that is a wonderful bright side!! You are right, we should all look for the bright sides in situations that aren't our ideal situations. <3

Month/Cycle: 16/14/4 (AL #2)

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: 50mg Clomid, Triggered last night, IUI tomorrow morning and progesterone starting on Monday. Also, PNV, preseed and HIO!

R/R: Random Rant: I'm not really sure how I do it but I always wake up in the middle of the night 1/4 of the way down the bed.  I start up at the top and someone wiggle my way down towards the middle. I'm always confused by it haha

Real Rant: I'm trying to keep a positive mind about tomorrow's IUI but that's a little hard to do when you feel like you're doomed from the start thanks to your lining not being just quite there yet. They originally wanted to give my lining another day to thicken up (it was the same thickness Monday-Wednesday so I'm not sure how much more it would) but I couldn't go in for an IUI this Saturday morning. Thankfully the RE was alright with doing it tomorrow, as he thinks my lining will be perfectly fine. Still, I can't shake the feeling that it's already set up to fail. :(

Rave: Tomorrow is Friday!! 

CS/Q: nope!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @fitzfizz and @krystrist2014. I still had AF when I was on BC, but it was so much easier.  It has been a rude awakening since coming off.  I am like how did I do this in high school?  I get significantly not nice!  My Pandora keeps reminding me that women have AF for seven years of their lives and I am like Thanks for that!  But it is almost Friday, so hopefully you can relax this weekend.  

@ttcbabyodo. Boys are so silly about that doctor thing.  My DH has some stomach thing this week and he was just pitiful.  Hope he feels better soon.  

Month/Cycle: 7

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: pre-natals, pre-seed, opks

R/R:. Just the same old over here.  Starting a new job on Monday morning that requires a long commute and trying to get psyched up for a schedule change.  I currently work evenings, so been sleeping later.  New bedtime routine is hard, but hopefully my excitement will get me out of bed early.  Until then, the old fun classics of laundry and dishes await me!

CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    mvt2003mvt2003 member
    edited January 2020
    @kpearse99 Yep, I'm on high impact activity restriction once I start IVF meds - when you start artificially growing your eggs, your ovaries get huge and if you bounce around too much you can apparently twist the ovary, which is both painful and needs to be surgically corrected. 

ETA: Also, I'm hoping soooo hard for you. Your lining is so close!

• Options
    @mvt2003 I had a feeling that was why! And thank you!! I asked the nurse how big of a deal it is since I go on the progesterone a few days after the IUI and all she said is that the progesterone could just help make the lining extra "sticky".... but then she said that I don't have a history of having low progesterone so she asked why I wanted to be on it. I told her I just have a gut feeling that my lining doesn't get "plush" enough and that's why I had my 2 early losses. And that I know it doesn't get me pregnant but everything I've read says that you need high levels of progesterone, as it thickens your lining, to support an embryo. I dunno!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo my DH has back issues too. I think 95% of the BDing is with him laying on his back and I'm on top. My legs don't have the stamina for that kind of sex! Ugh, they get so tired and turn to jelly most times. Hope that wasn't too much TMI 😂

@krystrist2014 yay heat! 62 is way too f*cking cold for indoors

@mvt2003 I wish it was Friday too! Can you at least do low impact, light exercise like yoga or something?

@fitzfizz haha yeah I remember going off BC like damn how did I survive the early years! On BC I used to just need a few pantiliners a day.

@feather_heather it is totally nice to be like "I won't have kids so I get a nice peaceful vacay". I do enjoy not having the responsibility but it also really tugs at my heart not to have a LO!

@kpearse99 hope the lining thickens up in time! You're close to 7mm right? It's still possible to conceive even if it's not, but it's not ideal.

@dobiemom11 GL at the new job next week! I'm sure you'll fall into routine quickly.

Month/Cycle: July 2017

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: FET, gluten and dairy free diet, PNV, vitamin D & E, L-Arginine, probiotic, trying to work in yoga

R/R: yesterday's lunch left me STARVING by the time I got home from work. Hopefully I'm more full today. I do have some granola I can snack on, but the L-Arginine needs to be taken on an empty stomach so around 3 or 4 is when I take dose 2, but that's also a good snack time! Sigh. Tried vegan butter as part of dinner yesterday (which still had some gluten 😬). Nothing amazing, but that makes that substitute easy.

I'm on a business trip next week. Hope I can keep to the diet as best as possible. I spent part of yesterday figuring out what drinks are dairy free at Starbucks (I treat myself on trips). I can do my usual mocha frappuccino as long as I swap the milk for almond (or whichever) milk and hold the whipped cream. Kinda bummed about the whipped cream, but it's not like that gets drank with the coffee part so it's probably okay.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Yes, I was just under 7mm. That's what my RE says too... that "plenty of people get pregnant with linings thinner than 7mm" But, FX it gets even just a tiny bit thicker! Ugh the sbucks whipped cream is the best!! But you're doing amazing and I'm proud of you for researching before you go so that you can still treat yourself!! You deserve treats! I've had their drinks with almond milk before and I liked it!
    Our TTC Journey

• Options
    @inthewoods23 - girl, don't even worry about it. I'm the queen of TMI, and often have to reel myself in before I hit the "post reply" button, lol. 

@kpearse99 - I'm keeping all of my fingies and toesies crossed for you tomorrow!
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @fitzfizz - thank you for the LOL! My sig pic is kind of a 2-part reference. First, I've kind of dubbed myself the TTGP bog monster, because I turn kinda evil on the peggies who come by the board with their nonsense, and second, I saw it posted on one of my favorite podcast's (Morbid) Instagram accounts and it just seemed to fit since I love the hosts of that podcast and feel like I'm hanging out with my besties when I listen to their episodes.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo MH is like that too.  He had a concussion one time pretty bad and I had to force him to go to the ER.  I had to call our neighbor who is a firefighter to come over and help get him in the car.  Why are men so stubborn when it comes to that stuff??  I hope he's able to get some relief and you're able to HIO in time!

@krystrist2014 Oh man that IS cold!!  I hope they get it fixed ASAP.  I couldn't stand to work if it was that cold.

@mvt2003 Runners high is definitely a thing.  I love getting into the zone and just running.  Or rather jogging in my case.  But same, same.  Hope you have a good workout tonight!

@fitzfizz Boo AF.  I hope you're feeling better soon.  And I LOVE FF.  If you're on the fence on if you should pay for VIP, I highly recommend it.  They have sales every once in a while, so I'd wait for that.  I think I got a year for $25, but that was a few years ago.

@feather_heather Good job seeing the positive in what can be a crappy situation.  A summer of RVing sounds super exciting!

@kpearse99 I'm sorry you're having such down feelings for this IUI.  Hang in there.  You're doing awesome!  All the FX for you and this cycle.

@dobiemom11 congrats on the new job!  Is it in the same field you've been in or are you switching?  Good luck with the commute.  Audible and podcasts are great for a long commute.

@inthewoods23 Bummer about the whipped cream.  Sometimes that's the best part!  But kudos to you for finding alternatives and making them work!

Month/Cycle: 1/1 after 3 years during round 1

WAYDTGKU: pants off dance off

R/R: Rave - I think I'm noticing some CM which means O is close!  Woohoo!!
    Rant - Still worried about not having one of my medications (more info see mental health thread) for the next few days.  I luckily was able to get up and shower on time this morning, but I'm already feeling more sluggish than normal.  I'm about to do some yoga, so hopefully that'll help.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    @inthewoods23 Official ruling is that I can do yoga with no inversions - I basically have to stay upright and at a low impact/intensity level post-transfer. Apparently I can go up to moderate intensity before retrieval, with moderate being defined as "heart rate raised to a level where one is working and breaking a sweat, but can still hold a conversation." This is problematic for me though because as a runner my cardio is excellent, I can carry on conversations while running 2 miles. Walking is cake no matter what, and I'm actively worried I will misjudge. 

• Options
    @mvt2003 do what feels right to you I suppose. I had the restriction aftery ER to not lift more than 10lbs and I just had to ask if I could still pick up my cat who is 11lbs 😆. Nurse said to use my discretion
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @linzrunz thanks, friend!!  Your responses for WAYDTGKU always crack me up!! Also, I just noticed that you're CD buddies with me and @bluetickgal !! Wootwoot!
    Our TTC Journey

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 20/15/5 AL#2

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO at least EOD, OPK’s, temping/tracking with FF, & progesterone after O.

R/R: Work has been pretty busy, which has helped this short week to go by pretty fast...usually short weeks feel even longer than regular weeks for some reason! This weekend isn’t going to be as relaxing because we need to deep clean the house, and may be doing some traveling...but I’m still looking forward to no work! ☺️

CS/Q: My temps are up & down this cycle, so I’m really hoping I can catch my surge with OPK’s! 

@ttcbabyodo so sorry YH threw out his back AND waited until FW to go get it checked out! Hopefully he can push through and you’ll still get good timing around O! The Jeapordy jingle...that’s a fun one to have stuck in your head! Haha. 

@krystrist2014 it’s always nice when a higher up notices something, because action seems to happen a little quicker that way! Hopefully it’s much warmer for you today! 

@mvt2003 oh no, that’s the worst when you think it’s Friday and it is not!! Hopefully today flies by so you can get to Friday quickly though!! I’m glad you are making the most of being able to run & enjoy it now!! That stinks you will be on restrictions through February, but hopefully you can find some other ways to stay active or maybe just enjoy the break! 

@fitzfizz AF does suck, but hopefully she won’t last long and you can move on to the fun part!! ☺️

@feather_heather way to look on the bright side!! I hope you are able to take advantage of lots of RV time this summer!! 

@kpearse99 I lol’d at your random rant...are you cold and trying to get further under the covers maybe? I’ve got everything possible crossed that your lining will be perfect for your IUI tomorrow!! Also, your profile pic change threw me off for a second...but I like that it includes both your cute pups!! I’m not gonna lie, if I was scrolling fast through a thread, I’d have to do a double take to see if it was your post or mine because our pics were very similar with pup(s) and the grassy background! 😂

@dobiemom11 yay for a new job! Hopefully you’ll be able to adjust to the new schedule fairly quickly! 

@inthewoods23 hope your lunch today is a little more filling! Can you eat a snack shortly after taking your medicine? That’s good you can still have your Starbucks treat with some slight modifications!

@linzrunz yay for O being close!! Are you using OPK’s or temping to confirm O? I hope yoga helps with your energy level!! 

• Options
    @bluetickgal I have no idea why I do it bahahaha it's not because I'm cold, as I got ungodly hot while I'm sleeping to the point where, several times a night, I need to throw the covers off of me for a few minutes. That's usually when I realize I'm half way down the bed  :D  Last night I got so hot like 3 different times. It's so weird because during the day I'm freezing! Ahhh you're so right, our pics were so close! haha I changed it because I started to feel bad that my last pic was only of my Lola girl and my poor Chase man was excluded  :#  So now I've got them both in there! You're right about short work weeks feeling like they are longer ones sometimes! Come on Friday!
    Our TTC Journey

• Options
    @kpearse99 oh yeah, I forgot when you were temping you had crazy high temps too, so sounds like you are definitely not trying to get further under the covers! Haha, so funny though! I’m pretty sure there are nights where I don’t move at all, but then other nights I’m flopping all over the place! Ah, I’m glad Chase is included now...they look so snuggly together! I don’t have too many pictures of ours together, they love each other but don’t always cuddle...so my pic is one of the rare ones! Maybe one day I’ll switch mine to the kitties so they aren’t left out! 🐱🐱
  • Options
    @bluetickgal I'm not temping and I'm torn on OPKs.  H wants to take a NTNP approach so that I don't get obsessive like last time.  But I also want to just confirm if I O so I know if I do.  Since we already tried for 3 years the first time with no luck, I had my left tube removed, and I have endometriosis/adenomyosis, my doctor wants me to see an RE after six months this go.  So I just want to have as much information as possible to give him if that happens.  If I'm not O'ing (which was a possible issue last time) he may take a different approach.  Plus, I like having all the information.  So TLDR; no temping (yet) but I'll probably start peeing on things tonight/tomorrow.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• Options
    Work has been really busy this week, I feel like I ghosted here, but it has helped the time with AF go quicker. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNV, should start checking CM and doing OPK's now, gave myself a wax last night so I'm ready to HIO

R/R: See above, work has been crazy. I slept for over 8 hours last night but I am still feeling so sluggish! 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo I applaud you for always posting so early! I am a zombie until about 9 o'clock! And that is so annoying about YH, my DH is the same way and it drives me crazy, lol.

@krystrist2014 hopefully they can fix the temp and it'll be warm today! I have two space heaters at my desk and at least one is on every day, year round! I didn't even ask, just brought them in because I am ALWAYS cold and hate it.

@mvt2003 I do that way too often, thinking it is Friday already on Thursdays. I hate that! And good for you on the running! I've never been able to get into running but always wish I could. I think it is great that you are just running for yourself and enjoying it, rather than trying to set a specific pace or length of time to run.

@fitzfizz I am with you on that. I had an IUD for 5 years, then took BC continuously for 3, so this is my first cycle/time having a period in 8 years. It is definitely no fun! 

@feather_heather an RV trip sounds so fun! DH and I love road trips, but we always feel cramped in the car so an RV would be awesome I bet. 

@kpearse99 I think if your doctor gave you the okay that he really does think it'll be just fine how it is right now! I know it is hard to stay positive, but I will be positive for you!

@dobiemom11 yay for new job! I hope your first day goes great and that it doesn't take you too long to adjust!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, CM tracking

R/R: Rant: Got into a pretty bad argument with DH last night. It was over something we have dealt with in the past and that I thought we had moved past. We even went to couples therapy for it, and DH got individual therapy. Unfortunately, I caught him last night, doing the same thing. Then he wouldn't even admit it at first (which is the worst part for me, just be honest!), so it was not a good night at all. He isn't cheating and it isn't a marriage ending type thing, but he knows how much it hurts me when he acts out this way and it is just so frustrating that he keeps falling back into this old behavior. He stopped going to therapy months ago because he said he didn't need it anymore, but obviously that isn't the case. I'm just so over it at this point and really upset about it. It'll be alright but I really needed to just vent about it somewhere. All of our friends (for the most part) are mutual friends, so I can't really tell them about it without embarrassing him.

• Options
    @bserena that sounds exactly like what has happened with me and MH. He suffers from depression and drinks more than he should, mixing antidepressants with alcohol is a bad combo. We have gone to couples therapy, he has gone to individual therapy, and I am currently in individual therapy but it still feels like we have the same fight over and over again. It's not marriage ending but it's certainly hurtful when it seems like he doesn't care about me or our relationship enough to change his behavior. Throw TTC in there and when something happens I think maybe it's not a good idea to have a kid? For us, it has helped to just talk all the time. It feels daunting and I am not an emotional person so I don't like talking about my feelings regularly but he seems to respond well when I tell him how what he does affects me emotionally.  
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krash_ I just have such a hard time talking about it with him without me getting overly emotional and him getting super defensive, but maybe that is because we are always talking about it in the heat of the moment. I am definitely going to try bringing it up when we both aren't so emotionally charged and just let him know how the behavior makes me feel. Thank you for your response. It is pretty much the same thing we are dealing with, and he has depression too as well as anxiety. I do the same thing where I think "why doesn't he care about me/us enough to stop doing this", but I keep trying to remind myself that that isn't true. It is definitely hard. I hate that you are dealing with something similar but it is nice to hear from someone who understands.
  • Options
    @feather_heather A summer in an RV sounds amazing, I'm glad you are looking forward to it. 

@kpearse99 That is exciting that you are getting the IUI tomorrow. I hope the clomid does the trick for you and your lining is perfect!

@dobiemom11 7 years makes it sound so much worse. I remember once when I was around 8 or 9 an older girl told me that having a period means you bleed every month for 2 years and I remember thinking there was no way I would be able to deal with that for 2 whole years. When I learned that it was really more like 40 years, that was a rude awakening. I am thankful for modern medicine every day. 

@inthewoods23 I switched to almond milk for all of my starbucks orders a few years ago, and it takes a little getting used to, but I don't even notice it anymore. IMO, almond is the best of the non-dairy milks and was the easiest to switch to. Also, my cat is 19 lbs, so if I am ever doing an ER I guess he is outta luck!

@ttcbabyodo I'm outing myself as a long time dirty lurker, but I have actually been around long enough to remember the original bog monster comments. That was a particularly crazy peggy, but I remember you having some epic replies :)

@linzrunz That really blows that your psych provider doesn't have someone else in their practice who can issue a new prescription. Do they not have someone on call? And regarding FF, what would be the main differences with VIP?

@bluetickgal I think I am just super lazy, because just the thought of both deep cleaning my house and traveling in the same weekend made me tired. I hope that at least the traveling is for fun!

@krash_ and @bserena I'm sorry that YHs are being like that. I hope that you can work everything out.
  • Options
    @fitzfizz Because it's a super controlled substance, no one else in the office can prescribe it for me. I had to sign a paper ahead of time acknowledging that.  It also can't be transferred to a different pharmacy; a new prescription would have to be sent from my psychiatrist to a different pharmacy.  My doctor is an hour and a half away across state lines so that makes for an added complication as she can't prescribe in my home state.  So I have to travel to pick up my meds.  Apparently these are all relatively new regulations.  Thank you to all the people who abuse prescription drugs (and the doctors who allow it) for this!

As for FF VIP, it gives you more analytical tools like predicting O, a fertility analyzer (gives you a green, yellow, or red light as far as if it thinks your fertile based on the information you put in), and other things.  The only one I don't really care for is the pregnancy monitor.  You put in any symptoms in your calendar and it'll analyze that info and compare it to other women who got pregnant to see if any of the symptoms match.  That one made me crazy because according to that, I was pregnant all the time.  I definitely like all the info, so having all the extra tools was beneficial to me.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• Options
    mamaslothmamasloth member
    edited January 2020
    @ttcbabyodo What is it with men and not going to the doctor?! FX this doesn't ruin your chances of HIO during your FW!
    @krystrist2014 I hope your office's temps get fixed. My office gets pretty chilly because the back half of our building isn't heated and I don't think I'd survive without my space heater, a blanket, and coffee lol
    @mvt2003 Jogging it out to music with no concern for pace is the best kind of running! I hope you can find another way to get that endorphin boost over the next month or so. Twisting an ovary sounds awful.
    @fitzfizz I feel like AF is so much worse when TTC. Once this is over, I'm going to go back on 90-day BC pills so at least I can control when she visits.
    @kpearse99 FX everything works out tomorrow! 

Month/Cycle: 14, 4 AL

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Clomid, temping, OPKs, HIO

R/R: I've felt a huge sense of relief since I put in my notice at work. We've been TTC basically the whole time I've had this job and I really think the environment might be part of the reason why it hasn't happened, so I'm hopeful things will improve once I'm out of there. 

CS/Q: n/a

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Options
    @linzrunz I totally understand the not wanting to become obsessive thing! I’ve found that stopping temping after I confirm O definitely helps me in the TWW. I was only temping for a long time...but when my doc added in progesterone, I started back OPK's just to feel more sure about O so I know when to start the progesterone. I hope you can find a balance that helps you know what’s going on with your cycle without feeling like you are obsessing! 
    @krash_ hope things settle down soon and you can catch up on sleep! 
    @bserena I’m sorry for what you are dealing with right now with YH! I hope you are able to talk it out and help him to see how his actions are hurting you! Sending hugs your way! 💜
    @fitzfizz oh girl, I’d rather not do either...and definitely don’t want to do both in the same weekend! Haha. We have been pretty lazy the past several weekends though, so I guess it’s catching up with us...and the traveling was unexpected. 
    @mamasloth I’m glad you are feeling better since putting in your notice at work! I hope your next venture will be more conducive to your life & TTC!