August 2020 Moms
Options

Due Week 3: Ongoing Chatter, GTKY, etc.

edited January 2020 in August 2020 Moms
If you are due in the Third Week of August 2020, (8/16-8/22), this is a spot for you!

The original post aged out, so please just let us know if we need to add you to the list, or update your EDD.  ❤️

<b>NBR GTKY:</b>  You win $1m in a class action lawsuit.  What do you do with the money?
<div>
</div><div><b>GTKY</b>:  Are you planning on finding out baby's sex?   When / how do you plan on announcing?  Will you be having a gender reveal or announcing on social?  Have you started a registry?</div><div>
</div><div><b>Questions</b>: </div><div>
Ladies of Week 3:

<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/wildrainbow">@wildrainbow</a> EDD 8/16
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/tanhabanana">@tanhabanana</a> EDD 8/16
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/RedBaramid">@RedBaramid</a> EDD 8/16
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/faith_2911">@faith_2911</a> EDD 8/17
@psychobutthead EDD 8/17
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/lachnessmomster">@lachnessmomster</a> EDD 8/18
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/tara4910">@tara4910</a> EDD 8/18 
@jojokoodles EDD 8/19 
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/littlekatiesworld">@littlekatiesworld</a> EDD 8/20
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/gladmamma">@gladmamma</a> EDD  8/21
<a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/BusinessWife">@BusinessWife</a> EDD 8/21
@maelove EDD 8/22
</div>

Re: Due Week 3: Ongoing Chatter, GTKY, etc.

• Options
    Due 8/19!

Planning on finding out sex? Yep! Hopefully doing NIPT at next appt, Valentine's day

When/how will you be announcing? 
    Pretty much everyone knows already, kind of relieved to have that part over with.

Will you be having a gender reveal or announcing on social?
    Probably not, wont plan to keep it a secret per se but probably steering clear of "big announcements"

Have you started a registry?
    No, but I guess it's never too early!
  • Options
    @jojokoodles Added!  There's also a new non-baby related GTKY question added as well. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NBR GTKY:  The problem is, I feel like a million dollars isn't that much money anymore, so it's not like I would go changing my whole lifestyle really, and it partially would depend on the reason for the lawsuit.

I would want to donate a portion to a relevant charity depending on how the original harm was done.  Then I would use $100k max to buy a piece of land to build / live on, a certain amount to buy a multifamily rental property, and invest the rest for the kids, college, retirement etc.
    <div>
    </div><div>GTKY:  The plan right now is to stay team green.  I really want to have that delivery room moment, at least once in my life.  We tried to stay team green with our first, but I accidentally found out on my doctor's portal. 😔  So we kept it a secret nevertheless, but it's not the same.

So far only SIL, MIL, one coworker, and three close / long-distance friends know.  We plan to tell more of DHs family in person this weekend!  I managed to get a rush order on a custom onesie like we did the last time, so hopefully it arrives in time. 

The baby's actual arrival will also be the reveal then, and most likely we will stay pretty low-key on social.  Last time, I just posted a picture on insta of me from an event I would have been posting about anyway, just with a bump, and mentioning the stowaway. ;) Most likely something similar, but we'll send out a paper pregnancy announcement to the extended family mid-February, when I think our NIPT and NT scan will both be behind us. </div><div>
    My Amazon registry is pretty much done! Lol but it's still a work in progress.  A good amount of what's on there is really for DD, tbh, but also just for the nursery, since we will be keeping it the same room. 🤷</div>
  • Options
    Can someone add me to the list since my doctor switched my due date back to the 17th?

NBR GTKY:  You win $1m in a class action lawsuit.  What do you do with the money?
    Like @BusinessWife said 1 million isn't much these days.
    I would pay off my car, pay off my mortgage. Send myself back to college. Invest in rental properties locally. Start maxing out a 401k for my husband to catch him up on years he didn't have one and then create modest college funds for my kids. I would love to help them fund technical school or an associates degree. Anything past associates they are on their own to pay.

GTKY:  Are you planning on finding out baby's sex? Yep.
    Already did sneak peek but I'm paranoid and don't trust its results. I had considered being team green for this baby but I am a planner and like to be prepared.

When / how do you plan on announcing?
    We won't be a announcing until its born. Thats how we currently feel. Immediate family of mine know so that in the event something happens I can have help with my 2 kids. And I just told family. No cute accouncements. When its your 5th pregnancy the novelty of announcing wears off.

Will you be having a gender reveal or announcing on social? 
    I will let my dad and his wife and my kids go to the elective scan with me. But we won't be having a party. I don't have enough friends for one 😆

Have you started a registry?
    Yes I have. I started it before I was pregnant. Its just has gender neutral items that I have liked so far. My favorite item being a taco toy set for an infant.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Taco toy!!! 😂🌮🌮🌮 That sounds awesome! @psychobutthead  remind me, what was your previous due date they moved you from?
  • Options
    Can you please add me? I am due 8/22. Thanks!

$1m: Agree this isn't a ton of money these days....but would pay off my student loans and mortgage, as well as any outstanding debt my parents might have. I would probably save the rest for travel/home improvements. V practical and boring. 

Are you planning on finding out the baby's gender? Yes, likely at the anatomy scan. I am too impatient to wait though it sounds fun to be surprised!

When/how do you plan on announcing? We have told our close circle of family and friends already. I will gradually tell others after we hit the 12 week mark. I dont know that we will do an official SM announcement,....but if we do it wont be until the 20 week mark after the anatomy scan. 

Will you be having a gender reveal party/announcing on SM? Nope, too fancy/sounds like a lot of work haha

Have you started a registry? No, and I likely won't given this is not our first child. We had a big shower/party with DD. 
  • Options
    EDD: 8/18 for now. It might move up this week at my 2nd ultrasound if I’m still measuring ahead. 

NBR GTKY:  You win $1m in a class action lawsuit.  What do you do with the money? Downpayment on a forever home, college funds for kids, and invest the rest. 

GTKY:  Are you planning on finding out baby's sex?   Yes! Having NIPT drawn this Friday so maybe we’ll know in the next couple weeks. 

When / how do you plan on announcing?  No plans for an announcement. We didn’t do anything special for DD. The only people we have left to tell that don’t know are our co-workers and some friends who we will tell as we see them. 

Will you be having a gender reveal or announcing on social? Nothing on social media. I don’t have plans for a gender reveal but I might come up with a cute way to tell my family and daughter the gender once we know. 

Have you started a registry? Yes! But it’s like 10 boring things on amazon. I really don’t need much, except I really want a Snoo and if I don’t find one to borrow I may buy one 😬

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BusinessWife they had said my baby measured i think a week and 1 day behind. So i think that was august 25th? But my doctor never confirmed that just what the nurse said the measurements showed. When i went in last time the doc said my due date based on lmp is correct.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    NBR GTKY:  You win $1m in a class action lawsuit.  What do you do with the money? Build a brick house with a wrap-around front porch, bay windows, a wine cellar, winding staircases that can somehow be easily baby-proofed, a library, enough bedrooms for all of our kids, ourselves, and some extra guest rooms, a massive kitchen with plenty of room to host holidays and spread out dozens and dozens of Christmas cookies for decorating, in-home bar...am I out of money yet?

GTKY:  Are you planning on finding out baby's sex? Not this time. I figured the anticipation of finding out what we're having might give me that extra boost I need to woman up and push on through labor and delivery. Eyes on the prize, if you will.

When / how do you plan on announcing? We caved and told our immediate family over Christmas, and my best girl friends knew even before that. For the rest of the family, I'm just waiting for my dating ultrasound. No special announcement plans. I'll probably just text the group one of the ultrasound shots and say we have some news.

Will you be having a gender reveal or announcing on social? No gender reveal. I haven't decided when I'll post on Instagram. I'm sure I'll do something, because I'm a bit extra like that. Maybe around Easter?

Have you started a registry? No registry this time. It's our third baby, so anything that we need, we already have/will just buy for ourselves. I'm actually relieved that the baby shower business is far behind me. Having parties in my honor stresses me out, and I had nervous sweats the entire day. Anyway, I know a lot of people do the registries for the completion discounts, but I've never taken advantage of that myself.

@psychobutthead I also cracked up at the infant taco toy set! I feel like I need one, as well!
  • Options
    @psychobutthead It's just as amazing as I imagined.
  • Options
    lurking from week 4

@psychobutthead There is now one thing in my registry and it is that taco toy!  Thank you for sharing... I love tacos!!   :D 
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3