September 2020 Moms

Check in 1/9/20 - 1/19/20

Let's start with the weekly check ins! Making this one longer than a week since the board still is hard to find. 

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  Goals for the new year?

**Stolen from August 2020** 

<BabyFetus Ticker >

Re: Check in 1/9/20 - 1/19/20

• Loading the player...
  • @yoshi882 tell your boss whenever you feel comfortable with it. I told my principal really early with my first because I was high risk and had a ton of appointments my whole pregnancy. With my second I didn't say anything until the end of summer break. I didn't show too much before school let out for summer so I could stand to wait until I was towards the end of my second tri. This go around I'm leaning towards saying something right after our first ultrasound since I'll have to miss the first few months of school. 
  • @legerm just super bloated! I'm only 5'3" with a short torso and don't carry weight in my midsection, so I always show quite noticeability by like 12 weeks. I'm always shocked by people who can find it until like 20+ weeks! 
  • @yoshi882 I'm basically going to tell my boss as soon as my first appointment is made. I am high risk so I have lots of appointments, especially in the first tri.

@legerm I was small my entire pregnancy with DS (like looked 4 months at 8) so I expect that I'll probably be the same lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @yoshi882 I told my boss earlier this week. I’m a team of one and we need all the time we can get to prep for when I’m out. Also she needs to know in case I do have HG again and need to work remotely for a while.

@legerm bloat for suree over here. I’d prefer it to be bloat instead of actually showing at this point 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • @maa0629 I understand that frustration. I don't even have a family doctor right now, so I'm really dependent on walk in clinics until I can get a referral to an OB. Even so, I was told by the walk in clinic that they can't do anything until 12 weeks, despite my history. I'm just going off the information I was given last time and keeping an eye on my diet. I hope you get answers soon.
  • @maa0629 My OB Office offers a class that covers that stuff. Definitely a new thing since my last baby.  I think it would be nice to have someone to check in with right away rather than waiting.
  • One of the suckiest things about my old doctor retiring was that she did an ultrasound EVERY visit. 
  • @ssbl I would call ahead of time if you’re wanting to get one - they scheduled my US as it’s own appointment separate from my OB visit but they’re back to back. I know everywhere is different but calling ahead might be better 😊
  • One of the suckiest things about my old doctor retiring was that she did an ultrasound EVERY visit. 
    My OB does a US at every visit and I LOVE it!!! FX you find one that does it again for you!!!
  • @greyl I wouldn't let your worries about having a big baby change the birth plan that you want. A lot birth centers are affiliated with a hospitals, and some hospitals have birth centers attached. If you do have a hospital birth you can still have a midwife in the room during delivery. 

My family tends toward big babies and DS was a large baby- almost 10lbs. While the doctors did mention it to me during labor, they just made sure to go slowly with the shoulders. I was able to get him out vaginally with **TW minimal tearing TW**. Just because your MIL had a c-section doesn't mean you will too. Also, maybe the baby will take after your family and could be average size
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Macheno that's very true. DH was 11lbs11oz so I was expecting DS to be large as well. He was only 6lbs4oz when he was born, and went down to 5lbs10oz before we left the hospital. I hardly even had newborn sized clothing so poor kid was swimming in the 0-3 stuff I had for him 😂
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @macheno thank you for the insight!! That’s what I was thinking too but of course my H is all worried and wants us to be in a hospital. I was planning on seeing if the birth center takes my insurance and how much we would have to pay OOP and try to go that route anyway. I just want to try to make the best decision! I was small so I’m hoping me + H equals an average sized baby haha 
  • @greyl I will be using an OB. I don’t have much of a choice as I will most likely be High risk again. 

@chasingroygbiv I’m still nursing and haven’t noticed a difference yet but I’m not even four weeks. DS is only 9 months so I really hope I can nurse for a little bit longer. I would like to get him to 12 months but I’m not sure how likely that is. No experience with this.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Regarding ultrasounds my OB’s office has a little machine and does a quick check at your first appointment to check dating. No extra appointment or anything. Any other ultrasounds like the NT scan and Anatomy are done at the ultrasound dept and scheduled separately. 

First time moms, I suggest just asking if they will do an ultrasound at your first visit when you call to make your Appt. The receptionist will generally know their procedures. And check online to see if your OB/clinic/hospital has information about medications you can take or info about when to call the office with problems. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• With my last pregnancy, they did an intrauterine ultrasound at my first appointment. I'm not sure what it will be like this time since this is a new city and new doctor for me. Most doctors won't see patients until at least 8 weeks and won't do ultrasounds until then because there isn't much to see. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: Sept 6th, 6w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I'm pretty positive we'll find out. We're planners. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments: Not yet...really need to call the midwife and set up an appt. 

How are you feeling? Great, only symptoms are exhaustion and incredibly sore boobs. 

Raves/Rants: When I get hungry, I go from not hungry, to STARVING. It's intense and I can't get food fast enough. It's pretty frustrating especially at work. 

Questions: Is the above normal??

GTKY:  Goals for the new year? Focusing on eating healthy and still working out during pregnancy. Still budgeting really strictly to meet our financial goals and to pay cash for baby. 
  • @mcano1016 totally normal lol. I was actually just commenting on the same thing to my best friend last night 😂
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @almiller86 I didn't have nausea last time so I had to figure out quickly how to deal with it. Lemon water has helped if I'm nauseous while eating so I'm able to eat a decent size meal. Also, really cold stuff- frozen yogurt and frozen fruit. I put green grapes in the freezer or get the bags for frozen mixed fruit without sugar. Those little mandarin oranges are great, too. I've heard ginger works-tea or candies, but haven't tried them. For heartburn I lived on mint flavored tums. It was more cooling on my throat than the fruit flavor. Unfortunately it lasts a while. I used to get it even when my stomach was empty, and I had during and after my labor with DS. 

@mcano1016 Yeah, the hunger is really real! I've just been trying to anticipate when I'll be hungry and have a snack or meal ready before the hunger hits. If I wait until I'm starving, I usually get nauseous and end up not being able to eat a full meal which perpetuates the hunger cycle. 
    BabyFruit Ticker