March 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 1/13

What is everyone up to this week?! 

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/13

• I’m just over here trying to survive. I feel really overwhelmed suddenly with everything that needs to be done in my house. From deep cleaning to finishing Christmas decor put-away to purging stuff to going through baby items. It’s just a lot. And H still can’t really do anything. And my midwives told me I shouldn’t be doing much since everything I do gives me contractions. But it all has to get done somehow. I should probably make a giant master list and just see if I can check one or two things off every day. 

I did take a unisom last night and slept better than I have in a while. Still got up to pee and had to move quite a bit from being uncomfortable. But overall it was great. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @miss.sally lists help me a lot too. I remember the overwhelming feeling from last pregnancy, and it certainly hasn't gotten any better with this pregnancy. Also, I've been utilizing unisom, too. It really does help to get decent sleep once in a while!

@kagesstarshroom girl, don't be afraid to ask the hotel for extra pillows! When I was in FL I used 4 big pillows. GL with your interview!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Thank you everyone!!! I have been looking for a cleaning person. For like a year and a half now. Lol. I have a difficult time trusting people because I had someone steal $1,200 (of VERY well hidden) cash a long time ago and it still gives me the creeps. My neighbor just gave me the name of hers though so I’m going to try there.

I took an hour this morning and let DS play in his room while I sat in there taking tags off baby clothes and got them sorted into sizes so that when I get a dresser I can just wash and put them away. 

@kagesstarshroom sending all the good vibes!!!! I hope everything goes well. 
  • @miss.sally and all who are feeling overwhelmed: hugs. I feel you. We also have soooo much to do. I try to remind myself that all this baby really needs when she arrives is a few outfits, diapers, and boobs. Lol. Everything else will fall into place.

I’m putting off buying some of the things we need, because my friend is throwing me a sprinkle, but it’s not until 3/1! On the one hand, it’s fine because we already have most of the “big” items. We just need to supplement with a few things. But I do need to find our car seats and make sure they have all the pads and stuff!

I am also feeling very overwhelmed at work. My schedule this year is kind of brutal,  and my maternity leave will put me out at the end of the year when we’re making decisions for next year, and I’m a little nervous about that. Plus, I need to make sub plans. Blahhhhh. 
  • @mrsvp614 I vote yes private group. I know @kagesstarshroom had a good pt that all the threads are here and won’t merge to the new group and that a private group is harder to get to from the app, but I’d rather not share my birth story when the time comes on a public forum that will be archived for however long. I know chichiphin and some other ppl don’t have facebook, so I vote private group for now. I can make one at some pt but the past week has just been insane for me.

also all this talk of lists made me start making one and I’ve realized how much i need to do before baby but haven’t done. I have had a rough week and am so tired. I have a very hard time getting non-immediately essential things done when I am exhausted, so a lot of things that do need to get done in the next 6ish wks, I have not even attempted to start bc I’m just too tired. I really hope things slow down for me soon bc I am getting very overwhelmed and spent a good few hours sobbing today. 

@kagesstarshroom I hope your flight went muuuuuch better today and your interview goes great!
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kagesstarshroom good luck on your interview lady!!!! You’re gonna kill it!!! 🙌🏼

I second, third, fifth the overwhelmed feelings going on up in here!!! This month is packed with classes we are going to, and my baby shower isn’t until 2/8!! Regret picking that date now that I realize I’ll be 34 wks and I’m waiting for that to pass before buying the stuff we need 🤦🏽‍♀️ Aaaaaand we are trying to change our fireplace which DH is doing himself so now I’m like k maybe we screwed up and left that way too last minute!! I’m afraid he will tear it apart and then I’ll go into labor early and we’ll never finish it. ayiyi!!

@mrsvp614 @silverhope I also vote for private group. A lot of people on here said they don’t have FB and that would be a bummer leaving them behind! 

On a totally non-baby related note, any Bachelor fans in here?!? It’s all I look forward to on Mondays lol
  • I will say when it comes to private groups - they are SO MUCH easier to navigate if you use your internet browser on your phone rather than the app. Honestly the app sucks for any type of board interaction and I just have TB bookmarked on safari for my iphone. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Maybe I’ll start a click poll for private vs FB and just see where that takes us? 
  • @miss.sally Great idea! I thin the poll would be nice. 
    @mrsc918 I JUST might watch this season on maternity leave, to stay awake during MOTN marathon feedings. Is it a particularly good one?

I've been feeling AWFUL physically and emotionally basically from when I wake up until lunch time, so I've tried different small things. Well, today I decided let's see what happens with ZERO caffeine, and I feel SO much better. I was only having 100 mg in the AM and 50 in the afternoon, but maybe it was messing up my stomach/digestion? Or of course maybe it's a fluke and unrelated haha. For now, I'll take it!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• I vote private group mainly because some of us don't have FB and it would be a bummer to no longer interact with anyone while in the final stretch 😢
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @EmilyLove25 I mean I LOVE all things the Bachelor so I can’t tell you if it’s any better than other seasons bc I love them all haha! So far so good tho!  
  • @mrsc918 I used to watch it up until like two seasons ago and then I gave up. I still watch Bachelor in Paradise religiously though. 
  • @EmilyLove25 That sounds awesome! I love HH!

Can someone explain to me how to create a poll on here? I'm tempted to do one on the Baby Names board... but I'm also not sure if I should open that can of worms. Ha! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @mrsvp614 when you go to make a new discussion in the top right corner, the drop down has a polling option:

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @mrsvp614 yea unfortunately it would have to be its own thread. You can’t create a poll within a thread
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• i just ate half a grapefruit, a pear, and an apple for dinner. 

Also, we are watching the new season of GRACE & FRANKIE & in the second episode there is a scene where Grace is trying to stand up from this house and can’t and i was like omg that’s me. (But it’s bc she is old bit bc she is pregnant.)
  • @kagesstarshroom your dinner sounds great, I should have made better choices for my own lol. We canceled Netflix for a bit but I’m excited for Grace and Frankie when we resume our subscription! I swear it felt like non of the shows I watched were adding new content until we canceled 🤣 oh well there will be lots to binge while nursing in March! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @miss.sally we are suppose to get a few inches of snow here in NJ today. Makes for a good day to relax on the couch! Hope you have a good weekend. 
  • We're supposed to get some snow here today. I have no idea if that's true, the sky certainly looks like it and the temperature is right, but I think it'll turn to rain before anything collects on the ground. Sadly the pediatrician cancelled their meet & greet for inclement weather that probably won't even happen.

My house's floor has been entirely ripped up except in the office and the "nursery" (currently storage for everything that's not occupying its spot in the rest of the house). Today's task is going through the closet in there, figuring out where my craft supplies and old blankets and miscellaneous stuff go now, so that I can move it into the storage pod and tear up the floor in THERE. Maybe by February we'll have our floors done and I can concentrate on turning it into, you know, a nursery. The FUN part.
  • Hi everyone! I’ve been MIA since right before the holidays and I feel like the fog has just now cleared and we’re back to our normal routine. I’m ready to jump back in here and I can’t believe how quick March is creeping up on us! 
  • Does anyone feel like all the baby movement is making them nauseous? I get so hungry and then by the time my food is ready I’m nauseous. And then I eat and get too full, plus heartburn. So I guess I’m on the small meals plan for the next 6-8 weeks. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @creativesoul83 I am right there with you! I found that people LOVE baby stuff so I asked my mother and sister and law to come over for an "organize the nursery" party. They were so helpful and it was way less overwhelming with a some help. Another bonus was it helped me to get used to asking for help! Good luck getting everything together!
  • @hmama716 yep, my best friend and I have a baby prep weekend scheduled for the last weekend in February and I know we are going to get everything finished then because she’s the best. But I also don’t want to look at all the stuff sitting around until then, so I’ll probably keep working on it a little at a time.