June 2020 Moms

January Complications Support Thread (TW)

From the Past One:
This thread is to support anyone experiencing complications associated with their pregnancy and a safe place to update us on how those complications are progressing or going. 

All conversation surrounding these issues should go here. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about pregnancy complications and potential loss. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support.  The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support.

(Thank you to the Spotting thread for the introductory language).

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
EDD: 5/16/18
DD born 5/10/18
Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
EDD: 6/12/20

Re: January Complications Support Thread (TW)

• I can start as an update from the last complications thread. 

I have a Lupus diagnosis and had crazy Postpartum complications from DD so I am exclusively seen by an MFM. 

I have a good thing: my cervix is holding strong so the tearing in my last birth has not caused to to be incompetent (so far!). I was so worried about it and glad we're monitoring it but it's looking good.

The bad news is my blood counts were way down at my last check. THere's literally nothing we can do about this except wait and see how it goes. Closer to the end of pregnancy there's some "emergency" type medications I can take to help my platelet counts, for example, but that's part of what led to so many of my complications last time, narrowly avoiding a hysterectomy. It's starting to cause me anxiety but we're totally in a sit and wait pattern as there's nothing I can do to change it. Thank goodness I love my doctors and they respect my opinion but right now it's looking like I'll have to be induced when my counts are good at full term. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20