May 2020 Moms

UO Thursday 1/9

2»

Re: UO Thursday 1/9

• @catem07 I definitely do not give up cold deli meat while pregnant.
  • Mmmmm @bananapanda those sound super good. I'll definitely add mint to my shopping list this weekend. Thanks for the share!
  • Loading the player...
  • @catem07 and @soprano19 you ballsy ladies. I'm jealous because it just makes me too anxious. I have done sushi though.... I can't help it!
  • @catem07 and @soprano19 I’m with you on the deli meats...sorry but my first trimester turkey club cravings were just too much to deny. And I love me a grilled ham and cheese. MH tried to comment on me eating deli ham the other day and I was like “really? Now you wanna question me on that?” I could have stabbed him in the hand with a fork if he tried to take away my ham roll up. Also, all the deli meats just serve as another vehicle for my intense desire for mayo 😂
  • To add to @shamrocandroll, turkey is riskier than like roast beef, for example. But I think that's because it's been reported more often with turkey. And really, lunch meats are more a 90's issue. Food safety standard have improved. Now we have to worry about produce. 
  • @shamrocandroll @ruby696 I’ve only had deli meat a handful of times but to that point, I’ve actually been avoiding eating salads because of the recalls. All the veggies I eat have been cooked or frozen (which is still risky but gives me better piece of mind).
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • @ruby696 I find bridal showers and baby showers to be very cringey these days. So many demands and expectations for someone receiving gifts that no one is obligated to buy. I will snark to MH about certain things, but I feel like so many people will blast it all on social media and make a big scene over such insignificant things. If you don’t want/like it say thank you and return/regift/donate it. 
  • @rox7777 Right?! There's such a sense of entitlement. I was raised to accept gifts graciously, even if I didn't want/need/like something. I don't know what it is about showers, but it's like basic etiquette has gone out the window. 
  • @ruby696 @rox7777 i haven't been on facebook in a few years now, but my sister gives me the dish on the stupid shit our family members do. When my SIL was ku in 2018, the invite for her baby shower went out on fb like 2 months before the actual party. She would get on there ever few days with an update like "ok, so and so got me my diaper bag so if that's what you were planning, I already got it" and nonsense like that. The exact shade of green for the decor and what they did and did not want. It was just a bit ridiculous. I feel like you can let people know colors or themes but otherwise, let them buy you whatever they want if they choose to! There is WAY too much pressure / expectation for showers these days