TTC After a Loss

TTCAL wk of 1/6

Introduce yourself 
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: what are your New Years resolutions or something you want to improve upon this year

Re: TTCAL wk of 1/6

• Introduce yourself 
    2. Status? Waiting for af
    3. R/R: we're going to GA in a few weeks on vacation. I'm excited but stressed how much to do before we leave
    4.GTKY: what are your New Years resolutions or something you want to improve upon this year. Just to be healthier, no goals or numbers. Just want to be more mindful of exercise and what I eat.
  • Introduce yourself - 31yo (today!) Incomplete MC and D&C March 2019
    2. Status? TWW
    3. R/R: I’ve taken a new position at work and while I’m excited for the opportunity, I’m feeling pretty nervous about handling all the extra responsibilities. 
    4.GTKY: what are your New Years resolutions or something you want to improve upon this year? I’d like to change the way I dress and overall look more out together this year. I held off on buying a lot of new clothes basically all last year because I kept thinking I’d get KU soon and then need maternity clothes *major eye roll to me*. So really I think in general I want to just focus more on myself enjoying where I am and what I have, and I think looking good will help me feel good. (Maybe?)

@ble1 I hope you enjoy your vacation! I always feel a lot of stress leading up to time off trying to get everything done at work and at home before leaving. But hopefully once you’re there you can really relax!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! I've been lurking for a while now. 34 in Texas, Missed MC and D&C, Nov 2019
    2. Status? Waiting for 2nd AF post-MC so we can start TTC again, per doctor's orders
    3. R/R: The New Year is hard. My D&C was right before Thanksgiving, and I'd been looking forward to sharing the news with relatives, and generally planning out what 2020 would look like with a pregnancy and then a baby. Now I don't really know what 2020 will look like. Unnerving and sad.
    4.GTKY: I'm job-seeking and we're unpacking after a move, so I'm trying to create a daily routine to structure my time. I started Weight Watchers and Yoga with Adrienne; happy with both so far!

@manillabar happy birthday! I hope you celebrate the way you like best.
  • @manillabar Happy Birthday! I know just what you mean with buy clothes or just general planning in the future. Its really hard planning hoping that you maybe be pregnant, then when you aren't its really sad. 

@katepercy welcome! I'm sorry your here. I know what you mean with planning a big surprise announcement then having a mc. I had one planned all out for Easter and I had a loss a few weeks before it was really hard getting through, luckily it will get easier. 
  • 1. Introduce yourself: 33 (for another week), MMC 2/19, MC 6/19 D&C on both at 10w.
    2. Status? WTO
    3. R/R: My health insurance won't give us prior-authorization for IUI. They deemed it not medically necessary after an appeal by my RE. I'm very frustrated as not it will cost us $750 plus all of our co-pays and deductible if we decide to move forward. My mom said she would help with some of the cost if we decide to do it, but I KNOW MH will refuse to take money from her since there are always strings attached. I'm just really frustrated and it feels really icky that insurance is deeming IUI "not medically necessary" for women with recurrent miscarriage. 
    4.GTKY: what are your New Years resolutions or something you want to improve upon this year? Same as every year, just being a kinder and more considerate human to other humans (and maybe to myself, too).

@ble1 OOH! Enjoy your vacation! I'd love to get out of the cold!

@manillabar Happy birthday fellow Capricorn! Hope this is a wonderful year for you! 

@katepercy Welcome! I hope your stay in this group is short. It's really devastating navigating the course of a miscarriage around milestones (holidays, birthdays, etc.) and having one so close to the holidays and new years must exacerbate those feelings. Hugs to you!

• @laurenmicheley Happy Early Birthday!  Thats horrible about insurance its frustrating when they don't see why something is needed especially since your re appealed. Hopefully they'll come to there senses. Do they cover any fertility treatment or ivf? 
  • @ble1 Thank you! Yes, very frustrating. They will not budge - I actually have pretty decent coverage for fertility HOWEVER they will deny me for IVF as well because I have to have a diagnosis of Infertility (ttc 12+ mos with no BFP for people <35, ttc 6+ most for people 35+) in order to qualify. My diagnosis is RPL (Recurrent Pregnancy Loss) which SOMEHOW doesn't qualify me. I've put a call in to the nurse to find out what kind of benefits I'm entitled to since RPL is not even included on their website. 
  • @laurenmicheley thanks, happy (early) birthday to you, too! I'm so sorry the insurance won't cover IUI! How ridiculous. I can't understand why insurance companies feel they know more about what a patient needs than a doctor. It's BS

@ble1 and @katepercy thank you!

@katepercy sorry you are here, but welcome. Hope you're not here for too long :)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @ble1 and @manillabar and @laurenmicheley Thank you for the welcome! 

@laurenmicheley, I'm sorry to hear about that insurance nonsense. So unfair and frustrating! And family + finances  a mcan such a minefield, too. I hope your phone call gets you somewhere!