February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/23 - 12/30

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/23 - 12/30

• @TennisLove30 what formula are you starting with? I haven’t bought any yet. Plan to smuggle a bunch from the hospital but I always used Similac (and then the Costco version of it) with DS. But he was 2 months old when we started. This one’s getting it right off the bar. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @ibabyloveb87, we are trying the Target Up&Up brand. My daughter drank Enfamil  five years ago, but I read the Target brand is the same thing. Fingers crossed because it is way less expensive.
  • @TennisLove30 yep that’s why we did Costco. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87, DD used Costco's formula too around 2 months and we are also starting with Costco formula for this one right from the start.  I was just reading that Costco changed from their Kirkland Signature non-GMO formula to Kirkland Signature ProCare Non-GMO but formula review websites say they are nearly identical so hopefully this baby likes it the way DD did.  Costco's brand is the same as Similac.
  • @TennisLove30 we supplemented with Up&Up and never had issues. Way less money than Similac that we started with.
  • @daffodil_shoe, good to know! I was a formula snob the first time. 😂
  • DH and I hopefully came up with a fun solution to our short on space problem today. 
    I mentioned "just putting this out there, so dont punch me...I know we spent a bunch of money on the pack n play but what if we set it up.in the living room and get a moses basket for our room?"
    His response was "just putting it out there, so dont punch ME, but what if we just swap the bedroom and the living room?"
    We had talked about it before baby was even a thought bc the living room is fairly bigger (it's 3' wider than the bedroom). 
    We dont have guests that often so it's not like it would really be that weird. Even so...we used to have our extra queen size bedroom on the living room floor Haha. I'm weirdly excited about the switch up! 
  • @babyroma DH and I slept on our sectional in the living room, while DS slept in the PNP, for about a month! It was just easier at the time.

@jvk2012 did you wait to buy your registry stuff til you got your 15% of email from Target? That coupon was the sole reason I made a registry (kept it private). 
  • @jvk2012 yep I’m 4 minutes from our Target. So dangerous!
  • I keep wanting to get this really cute super pink unicorn diaper bag but feel like I should get the neutral sturdy diaper bag that won't be awkward for my husband to tote around. But since this little girl is our last I almost just want to go full bore girly.
  • @SassyPants2010 just do it!  YOLO!  My husband just uses a grocery bag if he doesn’t like my bag options.  Super classy, but it’s a solution.  
  • @babyroma love it! :) We’re seriously considering moving to our downstairs guest room (the second master bedroom in the house) for a little bit to eliminate the need to climb/carry two up/down the stairs. 
  • @Swiftlet we moved to our guest bedroom downstairs (master bedroom and nursery upstairs) when I was like 16 weeks pregnant, smaller room but I am so glad I don't need to climb those stairs at night. I plan on having a pnp in here when baby comes!