Weekly Randoms 12/23 - 12/30

brookert615brookert615 member
edited December 2019 in February 2020 Moms
What's on your mind?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/23 - 12/30

• I just got an email from the finance manager that pissed me off. I was in charge of ordering a Christmas tree + ornaments. I spent $116 total (including tax) for a pre-lit tree and about 100+ ornaments. The finance manager sent me a passive-aggressive email this morning about how she though it would only be $60. Yea, the tree was $60. The ornaments were $56. But in the grand scheme of things, this was pretty reasonable. 
    I am sure she is stressed out because it's year-end but chill, lady. We're in no way hurting for cash.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup Ah! That's seriously so annoying! Sorry you had to deal with her! $116 dollars for a tree and ornaments is a legit steal! 
    TW
  • Loading the player...
  • @rikiteacup yeah that’s not a bad deal at all. Sorry she’s being obnoxious about it!!!

We are headed to my parents’ house for the rest of the week! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Well I now know why I wasn't feeling well last week, I have a virulent UTI. Ugh. It's like the 3 or 4th one this pregnancy - back on abx I go. She said she doesn't like to give this one to people within 30 days of delivery so I'm luckily still okay to take this one - i'm allergic to penicillin so there are unfortunately not too many pregnancy safe antibiotics for me.

On the plus side it's 50 degrees here today and I took a nice 2 mile walk, although some of the walkways were still skating rinks it was nice to be outside!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL ouch! Sorry about the UTI.

What are everyone's plans this week?
    We're doing Christmas Eve at my ILs with all the siblings, nieces and nephews, the Christmas day at the ILs again but we cook something fancy and it's only going to be 6 of us, work on Thursday and off on Friday for maternity pics. 
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• @leksiL So sorry about the UTI. Hopefully it clears up quickly and you don't get anymore before baby comes.

Today is a pick away at chores kind of day. I wish I could do lots, but my back gets really sore if I stand for too long. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my OB and another with a mental health therapist in the morning then church and family time at my parents' in the evening. Christmas will be at my parents' with a brief trip over to MH's Grandma's to see her. Boxing Day we are doing brunch at my in-laws' with my husband's brothers, sister in law, and our nieces and nephew. The sisters and their families are in ON this year so we are celebrating without them. Friday will probably be more chores while MH works and then we'll see about the weekend.

We are also watching my SIL's dog until New Years while they are in ON visiting my other SIL and her family. I think having her here is really making MH wish we had a dog (me too, a bit), but mostly it is making me happy that we won't have a puppy and a baby at the same time. I just can't keep up with her these days. 
  • @rikiteacup - Sorry about your lame finance manager.

I made some homemade Chex Mix today and some peanut butter cookies! I also slipped on my way into the gym today :( I didn't land on my belly, but hands and knees and talked to the nurse at the Midwife's office and I'm all good. Its still frustrating because I went that way because I thought there was less ice :confounded: Grr!
  • @burr1371 I’m glad you’re ok! 
  • Feeling guilty that I called in sick for a shift at the hospital this morning during holiday week ☹️ this cold is absolutely kicking my butt and I honestly can't remember the last time I got sick! Does anybody have any good remedies? 
    DH has been taking care of me, which is really nice. The puppies have been extra cuddly so that helps a bit. 
  • @leksiL UTI's are the absolute worst! I hope this round of meds gets rid of it for good! 

@rikiteacup that lady is a Grinch, that's seems completely reasonable to me! 
  • And my netflix was hacked! :angry:
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited December 2019
    @burr1371 how do you know your Netflix was hacked? 
    Glad your fall wasn't too bad! Be careful! I also live in the land of ice and I am constantly worried I am going to fall.
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• @rikiteacup - I went into the app today and it was in Spanish! And then my husband couldn't log into his app. When I called Netflix, they said to look for an email saying that the email associated with my account had "changed my email." -- There it was 5 days ago...again in Spanish. And strangely...DH got a text from "Netflix" asking to confirm information....The Netflix account we have isn't in his name! It's so strange......Beware peeps! 
  • @noxacanthus ahh I miss VA! Don’t get me wrong, I love being back by family. But it was fun having DH stationed there for a few years. The weather was so much milder, and so much to do in Norfolk/VA Beach.
  • @burr1371 - how strange! You would think someone with the skills needed to hack a netflix account would get a job instead of saving $10/mo by using someone else's account :unamused:  I'm glad you didn't get hurt in your fall.

I'm home with my big today - she has a terrible cold with runny eyes and nose, I am just hoping it is not another ear infection. I feel like it might be just because it ALWAYS is. I wish there was a way to check besides going into the doctor, she denies ear pain but is a TERRIBLE historian (3).
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL you could buy your own otoscope. 
  • @leksiL every time I say the doctor DS asks if it’s time to take the baby out! Hope she feels better! 

We just made Christmas cookies. And oh my goodness the sprinkles. They were everywhere and DS may have eaten most of them. But it was fun and the cookies may not be perfect, but they taste good! Lucky mama....or Santa? 😁
  • @ibabyloveb87 - I;m thinking of making Christmas Cookies after nap, but we don't have any sprinkles. We do have food coloring, hmmm. We will see how miss Bella feels, she has an(other) ear infection. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• Merrry Christmas Eve ladies!! Have to work "hopefully" half a day today and then off to relax and finish getting things ready. Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas!
  • We hosted dinner tonight with my parents, sister/BIL and friends down the road (with their 9 week old). My dog did just fine with baby in the house which really made me happy. Not that I expected anything crazy but he was just like huh, this is an interesting thing...and just kind of
    watched/chilled. 

Tomorrow we go to sister/BILs for Christmas morning then home to do nothing at all, which is exactly what I’m looking forward to! :) Hope you all have lovely days with family and friends <3
  • Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!
  • Merry Christmas everyone! 
  • Merry Christmas all! 
  • Hope everyone celebrating Christmas today had a lovely day!! 

I’m battling a yucky cold but other than that we’ve had a good day! I even got to take a nap and slept so well I woke up drooling 😂
  • I've been MIA this week bc DH, our cat and I were in Ohio at my parents. I hate asking for their wifi password and my app only works on wifi for some stupid reason. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! :)
  • @babyroma just change your settings for the app. Do you have an iPhone? Go to settings, scroll down to your apps, select TheBump. Then you’ll see this:

Then turn on your cellular data.
  • @daffodil_shoe no I've got a samsung s9. I can do everything in the app on data except use the forums. It's weird and the customer service has been useless when it comes to troubleshooting it! 
  • @clee5711, I had one in November with the belly cut out and agree, it was awesome!  I'm getting another one tomorrow but not sure if I'll fit in the belly cut out this time or not.
  • @jvk2012 enjoy and I hope you still fit!
  • Oh dear...my SIL just posted that their car may be totalled, but sounds like nobody was hurt so that's good. My brother has had more accidents than I can count at this point and I do feel sorry for them. They've got 4 kids, one car, and my bro is the only one who works, and he doesnt make much money at all so I have no idea what they're going to do. 
    But he also just got his CDL permit and is supposed to start training to drive flatbeds in a couple of weeks....I'm questioning if that's really such a great idea! 
  • @babyroma Oh no! That's awful! The good news is CDL training is very thorough and hopefully will just make him a better driver! 
    TW
  • @babyroma Glad everyone is ok. It depends on who is at fault for all the accidents. Hubby is a great driver (he used to drive armored cars and ambulances at various points in our lives) but about five years ago, he totaled his car twice in a 6 month period. Both times the other driver was found to be 100% at fault. He was rear-ended while stopped at a light and then a few months later he was stopped in a parking lot while waiting for a spot and a car backed out of a different spot and into him. I don't know your brother's specific driving record, but sometimes stuff just happens.