Group 4 (July 25 - 31) Check-In w/o 12/23

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020?

Re: Group 4 (July 25 - 31) Check-In w/o 12/23

• Options
    modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: 9+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Pecan! 

Upcoming appointments: January 10th, exam and ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Pretty gross most of the time. The B6+Unisom is helping a lot, but I'm still nauseous AF and throwing up probably 4-5 times a week. I've been congested for a month and I've lost 9 lbs. I'm a mess. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020? I'm looking forward to all our camping trips we do every summer/fall. I know it wont be quite the same with a baby, but also- I've done it with a baby before and it made my old kids sleep so much better- so I'm m going to just cross my fingers for that. And also, we have really wonderful friends we always camp with who I know will pitch in if needed. The same as we do for them with their LOs.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9w 1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): blackberry! 

Upcoming appointments: 1/8 for an regular app. 

How are you feeling? Still exhausted. My nose has been extra stuffy as well lately. Upset because *TMI* since I’ve gotten pregnant my lady parts don’t know what to do and it’s been constant infection/irritation after another. Leading to continuous spotting. Probably for the rest of my life. (Overdramatic) 

Raves/Rants: see above for my rant  😂 rave: still having aversions to a lot of foods. DH went to the store and loaded the house with foods I will be able to eat. Sadly lots of carbs, but hoping for a veggie/full 2nd trimester someday 😂

Questions: 

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020? It’s December. So I’m already ready for spring 😂. But I start grad school in April. But will be taking the end of summer into fall off from it and will be happy too. But I’m excited for outdoorsy stuff again myself, hiked, camping. Which will be interesting pregnant. And then with a babe. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD: July 29th- 8 weeks 5 days 

Team green/pink/blue: hoping to be team green if I can hold out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 12/27 Ultrasound and OB appointment 

How are you feeling? Beat! This gets harder with each child (this will be number 3). It’s hard to take care of tiny humans when I can hardly take care of myself. Definitely looking forward to turning the corner in a month or so. Also the vomiting can stop any day. 

GTKY: Looking forward to in 2020–> more financial stability. We only get pregnant through ivf and the years we have multiple cycles are rough so it’ll be nice to do a few more fun things this year :) 
  • Options

EDD/weeks+days: 9w

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: 12/30 for regular appointment

How are you feeling? Terribly nauseated all the time, but vomiting is pretty well controlled with medication. By 9 weeks pregnant with DS, I had already been to the ER a couple of times for IVs, so this time is much better!

Raves/Rants: I just hate how badly I feel during the first half of pregnancy. Last time, I was sick until 24 weeks, and I still had to take Diclegis until I gave birth. However, last week we had our first ultrasound, and it was awesome to see the little nugget and a strong heartbeat.

Questions: 

I’m looking forward to feeling better during the summer before the baby is born. My good friend is getting married over the summer, so I’ll get to be a very pregnant bridesmaid!

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9w 2d/July 25 or 26. One doc said the 26th the other said the 25th!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry?

Upcoming appointments: it was today! Strong heartbeat and a little wave with a flipper. Also got to meet with our former high risk MFM who we loved, and she said that yes let’s plan for a vbac, so I am thrilled!!

How are you feeling? Like garbage. Nausea all the time, some vomiting mixed in. Can barely get any food down. I’m over it. 

Raves/Rants: I have done nothing for the holidays because I am too tired. I don’t know if that’s a rant or a rave, rant that it hasn’t been festive in the house but rave I won’t have to undeck the halls!

Questions: nada

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020? A new house!! Our house is just too small. We’ve been looking, but haven’t found anything. We will start looking with intensity in January. We have a couple that wants to buy our house, so I don’t want them to walk away while we are looking for another one. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9w0d, July 27

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: FO at 20 weeks scan

Baby is the size of a(n): fetus!

Upcoming appointments: 1/24

How are you feeling? Exhausted and gross. But soooo relieved after having spotting yesterday and then having an appointment today confirming that everything is totally fine. I had convinced myself it was over because I couldn’t deal with having my hopes dashed. 

Raves/Rants: The nurse today was amazing. As soon as I sat down she pulled out the ultrasound machine and said, “we can wait and do your vitals at the end, I’m sure you’re anxious to check on things.” Just generally a very kind and compassionate person when I really needed it. Also super grateful for my mom who dropped everything to come to the appointment with me since my husband couldn’t. 

Questions: Wondering if I’ll get to enjoy any of the good Christmas food or if I’ll be too 🤢. 

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020? I’ve barely thought about it! I’m buying my mom Book of Mormon tickets for Christmas and it’s not until May. So I guess that? I had hoped to do something cool for our 5 year anniversary but baby is due 6 days before, and I have a history of going over. So kind of bummed it might overlap. 
  • Options
    I'm so glad all you ladies have something non-baby related to look forward to. Even approx. 9 weeks in, I find most of my time is focused on baby so it is helpful to think about other things.

EDD/weeks+days: July 31st, 8w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Saying green while leaning towards pink

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: January 20th with nurses and 21st with my doc.

How are you feeling? Still having the nausea and the fatigue now mixed with some dizziness. Eating breakfast is one of the hardest parts of my day. I have started introducing a lightly steeped tea into the mix to help me choke down toast.

Raves/Rants: Last day of work before a week of vacation. It is only a half day, but two of my other colleagues are off. B**tards :P 

Questions: How do I get people to stop asking how I am feeling every 5 minutes?!

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020? Possibly a new job with the government! I am just waiting for security clearance to come back. I won't have to deal with the general public which will be a nice change. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9w3d 7/25

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry?

Upcoming appointments: Dec 30

How are you feeling? Exhausted, as usual. Headaches have been a fun addition this week as well,

Raves/Rants: Excited/anxious to tell extended family about baby tonight and tomorrow! 

Questions: nope

Honestly, can’t think of anything...second trimester is my only answer for now!
  • Options
    @meri-mac
    Best of luck on the government job!  DH is a civilian with the air force and it is awesome.  
  • Options
    EDD:  8 weeks 6 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry, bur Cherry tomorrow!

Upcoming appointments:  OB appt on Jan 10

How are you feeling?  Better, still kinda gross and super tired.

GTKY: Apart from baby's arrival, what are you looking forward to in 2020?  I'm looking forward to no other major life events!!  Haha
  • Options
    @JessDG That is a fair thing to look forward to. I hope you get your uneventful 2020 :)

@Pascal86 I know what you mean about the holiday food. I will probably be eating stuffing, potatoes and gravy. If I am lucky I will be able to eat some ham and broccoli. I hope you can enjoy some of it too!
  • Options
    @meri-mac thank you! Luckily tonight I’m going to my in-laws, and my MIL cannot handle cooking without meat (I’m vegetarian) and insists that “a little bit of flour is totally fine” in the food she makes me (I have celiacs). So being there with a small appetite is a good thing. Other than the fact that she also tries to force food on me constantly, and doesn’t know I’m pregnant yet, but probably wouldn’t believe I had a small appetite even if she did know. 🙄