February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/16-12/22

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/16-12/22

• Try to take it easy and stay hydrated @leksiL
  • @leksiL I can’t shake the feeling that this baby is coming early either. I never had BH with DS and now that I’ve had them And had some pressure down there, I’m like oh she’s for sure coming early. Freaks me out!! I just want to go in, the day of my scheduled CS, and have a nice drama free procedure. Ha 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyroma I rotated through the practice with both ds1 and ds2 and didn’t know either of the doctors that delivered the boys. I had awesome labor nurses and honestly didn’t care about the dr at all because the nurses were so helpful and supportive. Ds2 came so quickly and painfully that I would have let anyone catch him lol  Assuming I make my next two appointments I will have seen all the drs this time. So it will be interesting to actually know who delivers this time. 

@leksiL I hope your appointment goes well today
  • I am starting to panic because I feel totally unprepared. I still have to buy a stroller and car seat, we still have to finish some big projects in our house, we still have to make room in the dresser for baby stuff and the list goes on. A lot of it can be done fast ( I know which stroller/car seat I want so I just have to buy it online) but I feel like I am procrastinating and I don't know why. My baby shower is the last week of January so this  isn't helping with my stress. I want to buy all the things off my registry so it is done and ready and i can just relax  :|  
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @rikiteacup yes I am the same. I have those items but there’s a bunch I still don’t have. Not that I couldn’t buy it but my showers are January 4 and 12 and I just feel like that’s cutting it close!!! Haha 
  • @rikiteacup Right there with you! You got this! A part of me is kind of grateful that we are moving since we are paring down to the bare essentials lol. But who knows - might be ordering things on Amazon while I'm in the hospital  :D
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Thanks @huskervbfan. It is so aggravating and she is back with her snarkiness today! I just don't get it. And I am sorry you have been sick. Hope you can feel better soon!! 
  • @rikiteacup I am RIGHT there with you. I have all my big stuff I need for baby, but the room is still out of sorts, clothes need to be washed and put away, I still have a lot of the little stuff I need to buy, and want both bags packed just to be safe. So. Many. Things. I feel I have to do and time is just ticking away way too fast. 
  • The doctor i saw today mentioned baby coming early to me because with my blood pressure being borderline they will want to take me at least a week early. And she said the fundal measurement is running big...I'm now freaking out too!!!
    Also I didnt have enough urine at my first sample so I feel stupid sitting here chugging water to get a better sample 
  • @leksiL How scary. I hope you get some reassurance today. 

• The gym I use to go to dropped their childcare rates to a normal price again and I signed up again.  I am so out of shape.  Without a gym I wasn’t as diligent about working out and now I am so out of shape.  This is going to be rough when I get to start working out againPP.  I totally regret not pushing myself more.  
  • @daffodil_shoe I'm not terribly worried about having a big baby. I've expected she'll be big from the get go. The smallest baby my mom had was 9lb 1oz, and my little sister was 11lbs but she was a csection bc they estimated her to be closer to 13! 
    Some creepy guy at some point told me I had those good childbearing hips Haha. 
    I think I'm more freaking out about the having less time to finish preparing for her! Though I believe we have everything we need for her (probably could stock up on more diapers!). 
  • We still cannot decide on a boy name! I spent an hour and a half looking through other birth month name posts last night and no boy name jumped out at me! I am really hoping this baby is a girl or we come up with a boy name eventually! This is my biggest stress right now!! 
  • @kbrinks2 download this app on your phone and your partner’s phone, and sync up. It’s like Tinder for baby names. You have to comb through some odd options, but it could help you both get on the same page.

• @daffodil_shoe we actually did download that app And have a couple matches but none that I’m super excited about! I should open it back up and try again!
  • I'm a scheduled for RCS on February 10th.  I found via email, which I found weird and hilarious.  Over Thanksgiving we got a friend to help move furniture and boxes out of the office (now baby's room) and move the baby gear in, only to find that the water heater on the other side of the closet leaked at some point.  Now we're dealing with mold, which means until everything is fixed all of the baby stuff is in the dining room and I can't do anything to set up the room.  😐 That should be addressed in the next week or so, but my house is chaotic and we're not inviting anyone over for Christmas like we usually do.  (We're secretly excited about that part.)  
  • DH’s family does a big Christmas party with all the cousins and it was STILL going on at 9:45. I finally was like we have to leave with our three year old. The kids were still going strong but that’s just entirely too late!!! DS went right to bed when we got home at 10. 
  • @ibabyloveb87 staying out late has taken on a whole new meaning. Last week, I left my work holiday party at 9:30 feeling like it was midnight. 

I’m so close to tears because my 2.5 year old is refusing to go to sleep. Shes currently screaming at the top of her lungs. Thankfully my husband is here to take over. Hopefully she eventually runs out of steam. 
  • @lanie1000 ha yeah it was less me and more DS. But I did need to do laundry and was up til after 11! 
  • Anyone have a small SUV that they love? We’re car shopping after hubs totaled his. Currently liking CRV, Tiguan and RAV4. Thoughts welcome :)
  • @Swiftlet love my CRV! I have two car seats in it and a smallish adult can fit in the middle if they need to for short distances. My double side by side stroller fits fine in the trunk with room for a few other things. I’ll be sad to trade it in this next month for the odyssey. Logistically the van makes the most sense for us. Three kids in five point harness car seats, stroller etc...
  • @swiftlet We have a Highlander and like it so much more than the RAV4 
  • @Swiftlet, I love my Mazda CX-9
  • @Swiftlet - I have a friend with a CRV and she loves it! If I was going that route with my next car, I would consider it :)
  • DH and I did Christmas with each other tonight. He got an air fryer for me and I cannot wait to use it!!!! If anyone knows good recipes let me know!! 
  • @Swiftlet try out the Hyundai Santa Fe too - it's a bit cheaper than Honda and we love ours. I got one with third row seating but the Sport model is smaller. The Tuscon might also work. We've only had to use the third row seat a few times, but it's really nice when you are loading everyone up for an outing to have the extra room.

Also - check out Carvana. I got my car via Carvana and it was awesome. I was so freaked out about going car shopping with a toddler but you just pick out the gently used car you like and they drop it off at your house. You have a week to exchange it. We actually did exchange the first Santa Fe we received, which had 50k miles on it and was a rental and I didn't like the way it rode. They let me drive it around until they could deliver the nicer Santa Fe I ordered after that.

My husband drives a Civic and it will have no problem fitting the stroller and two car seats too. It's a 2012 with 150k miles (I used to have a 2 hour commute :stabby symbol:) so we will be looking for a new car for him in 2021-2022 most likely.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited December 2019
    Thanks everyone! 

@burr1371 @clee5711 my sister has a CRV that she loves too and I’ve found it to be comfortable when I’ve ridden with her. We may test drive hers on Christmas :) May also pull out our twin stroller and see if that sucker fits!

@leksil ooh, I had looked at the Tucson but it seemed a little small. Hubs would like the possibility of a third row (understanding that in a smaller SUV it isn’t going to be crazy spacious). I’ll check that one out too :)
  • @Swiftlet great idea to check the stroller. I have the baby jogger city mini double and depending on how you prop it up allows me to put groceries etc in the trunk. We had the Chicco key fit infant seat and now have two graco forevers and We are comfortable in the front regardless if I’m driving or my h
  • rikiteacuprikiteacup member
    edited December 2019
    @Swiftlet I have a 2018 Hyundai Tucson. Love this car. I get excellent gas mileage (always over 30 mpg, except in sub-zero temps), it can have all the bells and whistle you want for under $30K. Maintenance is cheap and it has an excellent warranty. 

ETA: I just saw that you looked at the Tucson. If you want a 3rd row, then you need a bigger SUV. The Santa Fe (not sport) will have the third row. But it won't be small.
    The CR-V is also really good. I see a gazillion of them where I live. 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @Swiftlet I just got my 2013 CRV like 4 months ago and I love it! I think it's the perfect size and I feel so much safer driving it on crappy MN roads in the winter! Hope that helps! 
  • @foreveronyourside - good point! My Hyundai Santa Fe is AWD and it is soooooo great in the snow/ice - such a comfort!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @Swiftlet A few days late, but I have a 2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude that I love! And it is great in ice/snow.