edited December 2019 in August 2020 Moms
EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Where was the best place you have visited? 

Married: August 2012
TTC #1: July 2015
BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
TTC #2: September 2019

Re: Check-in Week of 12/22

• Loading the player...
  • @wednesdaygirl1019 Seriously the most beautiful place ever. Where’d you guys visit? We stayed in Dublin to ring in the New Year and then rented a car and drove along the southern coast. Stayed in some tiny coastal town in Cork and then Galway before we drove back across to Dublin. Such an amazing trip!  

@wildrainbow Hoping for an awesome appointment tomorrow! 

• @emiliadkay my ob did not deliver my first child and I was fine with that. I actually switched doctors in the middle of my pregnancy because my first doctor was all about my weight, I was obese when I got pregnant, and didn’t care that baby and I were healthy. I had an appointment with my current doctor because mine didn’t have availability, and told me that as long as mom and baby are healthy and I’m gaining weight on track that’s all that he is worried about. And I haven’t looked back. I actually went through four didn’t doctors for my labor, it was long. If there was a guarantee that your doctor would deliver you then I would say yes switch, but it’s a hand toss as to who is actually going to deliver your baby. 

• @tyrion_ We did a similar route as you! We flew into Dublin and spent a couple of days there, then rented a car and drove around the southern coast, staying overnight in Kilkenny, Kinsale, Bantry, Dingle, and Galway before driving back to Dublin. We made a lot of little stops along the way to each town to break up the driving. I think Kinsale was my favorite stop!

@babytimeagain I would love to visit Scotland! What was your favorite place that you visited?
  • EDD/weeks+days: 8/9, 7 weeks, 1 day

(I had an ultrasound on Friday, and prior to that I thought my due date was 8/3 based on last period/likely date of conception. My boyfriend and I live in different states so I know the (small) window where we saw each other, and the dating from the scan just seems impossible to me. A little freaked out that maybe the baby isn't growing, that said baby had a strong heart beat (145 bpm at 6 weeks, 5 days) and no one else seemed concerned at all). 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I was team green but starting to lean towards finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: January 2... The doctor is letting me come back for another US for my peace of mind.

How are you feeling? A bit anxious! Was hoping to shake some of that after my first appointment, but it's intensified a little. Other than that, tired, super sore breasts, nauseous, and still waking in the middle the night (now after wild dreams). 

Raves/Rants: Rant: It feels a bit frustrating to mentally do week seven again... I feel like I'm going backwards! Rave: My office is closed this week, so it's nice to have time off and not worry about missing anything. 

Questions: Any other folks have experiences with the dating ultrasound to be behind your estimates? And would love any recommendations for meditations/mantras to help with first trimester anxiety. I think I'm going to do Yoga with Adrienne's meditation for anxiety video later. 

GTKY: Where was the best place you have visited? I LOVED Ecuador and hope to go back soon!
  • @ziggymama06 Guilty! At home I have all my sticks lined up in a cute little row in the corner of my bathroom drawer. I’m “only” POAS EODish at this point, but will probably keep doing so until my OB appt next month.

@blackgirlmagic @BusinessWifeThanks for all your thoughts, and I’m glad you both found OBs that were better fits than your original doctors! And @BusinessWife @radiohd18 I hope the new practices this pregnancy work out well. For various reasons, I’m not considering switching groups and so it probably does make sense to keep the same doctor and just advocate early/often for the birth I’d like to (try to) have.
  • @duck_duck_goose I have always wanted to see the Oregon coast. I want to do a trip from Oregon up through Seattle to Vancouver. I've been to Seattle and Vancouver before but it was for work and I was alone so it sucked. Oregon is beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Questions: Is anyone else not doing a first trimester ultrasound? My midwife doesn't do them because they aren't medically necessary apparently, but I worry about not getting accurate dating and making sure there's a heartbeat. With my daughter, but due date got pushed a week further out after my 6 week ultrasound. 
    Me! I declined it this time, and I did not have one last time either. You generally don't really need one unless your period is all over the place. I am very certain of my dates, so that's why I turned it down (and I wasn't able to have it in the right time frame last time). Is your practice pushy about inducing when you're at or just past your due date. With that, I'd say it's a little more important, too, especially since you say the last due date was pushed back. But my practice has no issue letting me go to 42 weeks (I'm an OOH birther, so past 42 I'd have to switch to a hospital). 

But due dates are also just an approximation, hence why full term is technically more than a month long. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • @ziggymama06 when we were in St. John we took a day trip to the BVIs. We snorkeled the Baths and the Indians. It was amazing. I'd love to visit more of the BVI later on.

@starlight_7 my boys and I have an annual pass to the Georgia aquarium and are going again sometime this week or next. It's really neat. If you're close to Atlanta the Tennessee aquarium in Chattanooga is awesome, as well. My 6 year old would live there if I would let him.
  • @ziggymama06 girl, yes. I wanted to see a progression on my cheapies. And just to make sure it wasn’t a chemical! I everything looks good so far though. Our appts are so close! 

@blackgirlmagic the Bahamas are my dream 😍

@tyrion_ I totally agree about the snails pace. I literally just found out and the last 4 days have been so long! 😅

@emiliadkay dying about the “very sober” part! I wouldn’t be opposed to switching if I had to. I’m going to a small group like that too. My last pregnancy my regular ob wasn’t the one who delivered me. So I mentioned at this appt that I would mind seeing the doctor that did, but I apparently she’s the busiest one! My doctor is very good though. I liked her. 

@tanhabanana I hope your morning sickness holds off! Fx!

@rivercitynik I hope your next appt goes well, and that you get peace of mind. 

• @jwhite3116 That sounds amazing.  Next time I want to snorkel over there.  We sailed and snorkeled by Jost Van Dyke and a mini island that one of the Corona commercials was filmed at (just sand and a palm tree!).  We took the ferry to Virgin Gorda and explored the Baths on foot... it was so beautiful, just incredible!   Cannot wait to return.

@photographerwife Your announcement sounds so cute. What a great memory!  I've cut back to testing every few days but its definitely nice to see the progression and make sure something is still going on lol.  My last one was a clearblue digital saying pregnant, so that was nice to see 😍
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • EDD/weeks+days: August 17, 6+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: Jan. 14

How are you feeling? Okay, just really tired bc I didn't sleep well last night. Other than that, my symptoms are pretty mild. This week I've noticed more fatigue, sorer and fuller breasts, and a choosier attitude towards food. I also get really hangry and nauseated if I go too long without eating. On Christmas Eve all I wanted was vegetables, but we had no healthy groceries and everywhere I could get a salad was closed. I've never felt such strong cravings. 

Raves/Rants: Rave: so happy to be on vacation from teaching!

Questions: 

GTKY: Where was the best place you have visited? I haven't traveled many places outside of the U.S., but I am living vicariously through you all reading your responses to this question  :)  I really enjoyed Glacier National Park. I tend to prefer peaceful and beautiful nature escapes.

Also, @ziggymama06 I definitely POAS like 12 days in a row after my first faint positive. I had a bunch of extra tests leftover and figured I might as well use them before they expire! Plus, seeing the double lines was so comforting to me each morning. 
    me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS
  • @faith_2911 I also become nauseated if I go too long without eating. If I eat a good breakfast I'm most likely not hungry by lunch time, but then I start to feel sick and then I for sure don't want anything. It's a cruel game. I'm trying to remember to grab some snacks before leaving the house but that has not worked out recently. 

• @blackgirlmagic Good idea bringing snacks on the go! Yes, it's such a fine balance trying to appease our stomachs! Sometimes I'll even think I want to eat something and then it will be in front of me and suddenly it's so unappetizing. So far, I've been fortunate to only have a little nausea, but last night it hit me all at once and everything in my house smelled too strong and made me feel sick: candles, hand soaps, laundry detergent--you name it. Today all that sounds good to eat is ginger ale and water crackers. 
    me: 27
    hubs: 26
    ttc #1: 4/19
    dx: PCOS