Group 3 (2/15-2/21) Check-in w/o 12/16

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season?  Least favorite?

Re: Group 3 (2/15-2/21) Check-in w/o 12/16

• EDD/weeks+days: 31w 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): asparagus 

Upcoming appointments: Thursday 

How are you feeling? Mostly good, just feel huge

Raves/Rants: My five year old has an upper respiratory infection, but school was called off today because of ice and snow. So both a rant and rave.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season?  Least favorite? My favorite part is going to my parent’s house on Christmas night. I have 6 siblings, three SILs, and 10 nieces and nephews. We have a blast. My least favorite is going to my in-laws.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 31 and 1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

Upcoming appointments: 12/18 & 12/19

How are you feeling? Overall still feeling good. Just get tired faster

Raves/Rants: Can’t wait for my days off for Christmas! Also, having to pee so often. I feel like baby is just sitting on my bladder.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season?  Least favorite? I love all the lights! And family time. Least favorite is probably the stress of buying gifts. I could skip that part and be very happy. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: Feb 20, 30w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: 12/24 for regular OB check, 12/26 for MFM ultrasound and consult

How are you feeling? Pretty good.  We got a new bed this weekend which is heavenly so that has been helping with sleep.

Raves/Rants: 
    Rants: It is super icy out today so driving home should be fun
    Rave: We had a 2 hour delay today due to weather and it was our monthly staff breakfast.  It also was my work baby shower apparently which was super nice :)

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season?  Least favorite?  I love having the tree up and all the lights.  I don't love the pressure of buying gifts for people.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 2/15 - 31w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  pink

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow morning then changing to biweekly! I had a chiropractor appt today but got moved to thursday because of ice.

How are you feeling? feeling ok - still have heartburn a lot.

Raves/Rants: Rant - DH threw up 3 times and insists on sitting on the couch. He claims he ate a bad apple but I've never heard of anyone getting sick from an apple. He's now starving and wants to order Chinese food. I told him if he could keep some crackers down for an hour he could consider it.

Rave - home today due to an ice storm and excited to spend some time with DD when she wakes up from her nap.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season?  Least favorite? - This is my first holiday season where DD has understood Christmas is coming and it is so fun. My least favorite is choosing who we are going to visit and dealing with family drama.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL, why are men sometimes worse than kids when it comes to handling illness??  This is also the first Christmas that DD understands Christmas is coming and what it means.
  • @jvk2012 - I'm not sure! It took me all day to harass him to drink ONE cup of water even though he had a "blinding" headache. I'm like you are dehydrated since you got sick you need to drink water! Then after dinner he makes himself ramen noodles. Somehow he is doing better today and mad I won't get too close to him since it was just "eating a bad apple".
    Married Jan 2008 

• @fallonpartyfor2 - congrats on remaining green this long!! And also passing your 3-hr test! 
    Married Jan 2008 

• EDD/weeks+days: 30+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink and blue

Baby is the size of a(n): half of a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. So if there are two that’s one whole cho cheesecake? 😂

Upcoming appointments: had one on Monday, just general OB

How are you feeling? Honestly, pretty miserable.

Raves/Rants: I’ll be off work this weekend and mon/tues/wed next week, which I’m looking forward to. I’ve just about finished my wrapping (which is really tough with these babies in the way haha). We’re hosting Christmas Eve dinner at our place which I’m looking forward to but also a little bit dreading cooking and cleaning before then.

GTKY: What is your favorite part of the holiday season?  Least favorite?
    Favorite is the traditions - getting the tree, shopping, decorating the house, family get-togethers, music, etc. My least favorite part is probably when it’s over and everything feels a little deflated and sad in comparison. 
  • @leksiL It's actually really easy now... the only person in the world who knows is my ultrasound tech. My dr. doesn't even know!!
  • @Swiftlet oh yes I hate when the holidays end! I get so sad. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @malloryfrommn - don't apologize, sometimes the holidays can be really hard. My family is dealing with my sister's homelessness and alcoholism this holiday and it has obviously put a huge damper on things. I can't imagine the pain of losing a parent. I'm also sorry you failed your glucose test even after rocking your masters class so hard! I graduated from law school 7 years ago and miss school SO MUCH I want to go back, but I have to save my $ for the kids' education at this point haha. It's so funny I am almost done with my student loans but just want to completely change careers (for less $) and start over. But I won't because this is what's best for the kids.
    Married Jan 2008 

• @malloryfrommn, don't apologize. I think it's important for people to remember that for whatever the reason not everyone loves the holiday season. Hugs to you!
  • @leksiL family sure can be complicated! I'm so sorry your family is struggling with your troubled sister - that is such a tough situation! Alcoholism (really, addiction of any kind) can tear families apart. I hope you can find some joy this season. I can (sometimes) relate to loving school! I swore up and down after obtaining my CFP I would be hard pressed to pursue additional education. But here I am! Totally agree that priorities often change with kids. What is best for them comes first. 😊
  • @TennisLove30 two days before mine!! 
  • @ibabyloveb87 doesn’t it make it so much more real?!
  • @TennisLove30 I have to say my motivation at work has severely decreased since its become a real date. 
  • @ibabyloveb87 @TennisLove30 yay on an actual date! :)

@malloryfrommn hugs to you and your family.