Questions: 

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? 

Re: Group 4 (July 25-31) Check-in w/o 12/16

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 8+2, July 25th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: January 10th 12 week visit and dating ultrasound 

How are you feeling? Unisom has been helping for the first part of the day, but I'm usually nauseous and vomiting by late afternoon. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: Has anyone taken a small dose of unisom through the day to help with nausea? I've just been taking a dose at bedtime. 

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? I asked for a book series I've read a million times. The Eve Duncan series by Iris Johansen. I love reading all types of genres, and it's been a few years since I read those, so I'd like to read them again. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 31st, 2020/7w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I really want a girl, but we are waiting! I anticipate leaning on DH's willpower heavily as this process goes on.

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry right now. Will be a raspberry later on this week.

Upcoming appointments: 8 week ultrasound on Thursday. Please let everything be okay.

How are you feeling? Nausea and fatigue. The boobs were hurting this morning, but thankfully that has gone. I'm also quite anxious about the ultrasound. Our embryo was of insanely high quality and the RE was really thrilled so I am trying to focus on the positive. There is no reason our baby isn't developing on schedule. Certainly the nausea is increasing.

Raves/Rants: I want to be in bed, but I have noone to cover my job. Technically one of the clinicians can. I was out a day and a half last week and I don't want to put upon her too much, especially not leading up to the holidays.

Questions: -

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? Other than a healthy baby showing on that ultrasound, I want a week where I have nothing to do but read and take my pupper for a walk. I really don't need anything though I wouldn't mind a gift card to a nice restaurant. Something for DH and I to enjoy together.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meri-mac I know very little about IVF, what stage of development is an embryo at before it is transferred? Good luck at ultrasound on Thursday!
  • Options
    @modoodles My embryo was transferred at 5th day of development. Sometimes they transfer earlier but not if they can help it. They had 9 or 10 to choose from and this was the best one that had steadily developed and was very high quality according to their criteria. I have also had completely normal BW and U/S since I started the process so there is nothing hormonal I need to worry about. I try and focus on that because it does give us good odds.
  • Options
    and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited December 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: 8+2/ July 25

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We decided we will find out. I don’t want to do a crazy reveal but we just found out we are getting to take our kids to Disney when I’ll be right around 20 weeks. So my plan is to have my A/S before then and we will open up the envelope at Disney.

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry I think

Upcoming appointments: January 7

How are you feeling? Pretty crappy. I’ve had a sinus infection. And also been dealing with all day nausea for a week now which is new to me.

Raves/Rants: above mentioned - going to Disney. My kids are going to love it.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? A vacation alone for a week. Just kidding, I’ll take a spa day or massage or heck, a walk around target without anyone.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @rachstar18 That is a great idea. I am sure the kids will be thrilled! I totally second the spa day. I'm wondering how I can drop the hint to DH and MIL. We have a spa about 15 minutes from our house. I hope the nausea eases up soon.
  • Options
    @modoodles my ob practice says if unisom alone at night isn’t cutting it to add in 1/2 a unisom in the morning. 

EDD/weeks+days: 8w1d/ July 26

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: US and appt with MFM on 12/23

How are you feeling? Absolutely horrid. All day/night nausea and vomiting every few days. I can’t take any of the morning sickness medicine because it isn’t safe for nursing. I take half a unisom at night, which is the only safe option, which at least allows me to get out of bed the next day but I can’t get any food in. I’m almost down 10lbs at this point and I’m afraid they are going to say I have to wean my daughter at my next appointment. 

Raves/Rants: rant- I love my daughter dearly, but she is teething and wants to nurse 2-3 times a night. I am so exhausted and so burned out by it. She screams and cries if dad goes in to comfort her at night. I don’t know how much longer I can keep going at this pace. 

Questions: nada

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? A pair of slippers with a hard sole. 
  • Options
    Thank you @kc0711!  I'm so sorry you're so sick and are dealing with nursing/teething struggles as well. How old is your daughter? I'm down about 6 lbs since October with all the nausea and vomiting. Last night I thought I could eat supper out, and then barely made it through the door afterwards before I was sick. Right now I'm not as bad as I was with my first, but I am much worse than any of the others.
  • Options
    @modoodles she’s 17 months, and a total mama’s girl. I love her dearly, I do, but good lord have mercy!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: This Thursday, Dec. 19th

How are you feeling? Tired, sore, nauseous, heartburn

Raves/Rants: Over the weekend the moodiness and heartburn symptoms have started settling in. I would love to have an ultrasound done just to check that everything is OK in there. Here, first ultrasounds aren’t typically done until about 16 weeks. They can be done sooner if symptoms show that something may be wrong. So long to wait!  

Questions: 

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? Foot bath :) 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  7 Weeks 6 Days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):  Soon to be Raspberry (tomorrow)

Upcoming appointments:  Nothing scheduled yet.  Doc is supposed to call this week to set up the next one with me.  

How are you feeling?  Very very emotional and moody.  Just feel gross with no nausea

Raves/Rants: Rant:  I am so exhausted with everything going on around me.  I need a break and I don't see one in sight with the holidays coming up.  

Questions: 

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list?   I asked for a weighted blanket.  I love blankets and I hope it will help me sleep better.  Ideally, I would love a night alone in a hotel room.  haha
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday--ultrasound.  It will be our second

How are you feeling? randomly feel sick--smells really bother me, tired, and my anxiety is weird 

Raves/Rants: I have always disliked our bed--but now it is making me miserable. Like I feel all out of sorts when I wake up.  My 4 year old always sleeps with us--so I am thinking about sleeping in his bed!

Questions: 

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? Ehh, I can't think of anything I need (other than a different bed)
  • Options
    @magnolia305 I hope Santa brings you a new bed! lol 
    @kc0711 Bless you for continuing to nurse. We (I haha) decided to wean once I found out I was pregnant because I was just so tired. We were almost weaned anyway so the transition hasn't been all that bad. It ended up turning out for the best because I've been having issues with my back and haven't been able to pick DD up in almost a week. 

EDD/weeks+days: July 26 / 8w 2d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: Dating u/s on Saturday and honestly it can't come soon enough! 

How are you feeling? My back has been so sore, which I think is only partially pregnancy related. I had a suspected herniated disc in the summer which got better with treatment, but has been sore again since I think the moment I got pregnant. This week has been out of this world sore, but of course there's nothing to be done about it. Going to pelvic floor physio on Friday and praying that provides some relief. On the plus side the back pain has distracted from the nausea. 

Raves/Rants: Rave: my husband has been amazing taking care of our daughter (and only complaining about it a little bit) Rant: haven't been able to get in the Christmas spirit cause I'm just in too much pain, I'm sad about because it's my favourite time of year! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? A ladder, a drill and some sheets lol.. Actually I also asked my husband for a gift card so I can buy myself some new makeup. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/25 8w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Dec 30 OB appt

How are you feeling? So tired and lazy and ready to hibernate for about a month. Also super sensitive to weird tastes and smells

Raves/Rants: My DH has been a rockstar with taking on the majority of the workload around the house. I was a blob on the couch all day on Sunday and he just let me be. My toddler, on the other hand, not so much. He’s in a very “mama mama mama” stage currently and it’s a struggle to be there for him the way he needs because my energy is so low. I have to keep reminding myself it’s a temporary phase and I’ll be (hopefully) feeling better in a few more weeks. 

Questions: nope

A solid week of sleep would be nice 😂 Also, chocolate
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 8w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry! And fits on a dime haha

Upcoming appointments: had a good US today. Next OB app 1/8. 

How are you feeling? Just “flu-ish” from the afternoon on. Want to just lay down

Raves/Rants: rant-ish. Now that we’ve had a good US I’m ready to start looking into baby things. SO MUCH anxiety over things to look over and research haha

Questions: I don’t think any. Husband and I are currently discussing genetic testing. We like all information given to us. But if it shows something serious I wouldn’t know what to do.

GTKY: What's on your Christmas list? Really wanting a roomba! And some backpacking equipment(but won’t be doing at backpacking next summer I’m guessing  ;)  )
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:
    7w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    fx for pink

Baby is the size of a(n):
    playing die/blueberry

Upcoming appointments:
    12/24 for my first ultrasound, finally!

How are you feeling? 
    nauseous and exhausted, happy I'm finally over my cold

Raves/Rants: 
    Stressing a little bit about my maternity leave already. I'm a teacher and will likely have my admin certification by the time the baby's born. I would love to look and potentially start an administration job in the fall but I feel like it's unlikely considering I'd have to miss the start of the school year. 

Questions: 

$$ I'm taking classes right now, a year into a new house and preggo with #2, money is getting tight. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was/am really looking forward to my u/s on Saturday but all of a sudden today I'm also sooo nervous. Also I know I've talked about this already but I'm so hoping the u/s tech takes pity on me/gives in when I beg her/him to share some results. We're leaning toward sharing our news with family at Christmas but that won't happen unless I get some reassurance at this u/s. 
  • Options
    @mrsdrez good luck on Saturday! I hope everything g looks wonderful and you get the reassurance that you need!
  • Options
    @mrsdrez Nerves are to be expected. I've got everything crossed for your u/s!
  • Options
    @mrsdrez I can empathize with that! I had my us yesterday and the 3-4 days leading up to it was i was so nervous!  Thinking of your and hoping your us gives you all the reassurance!