July 2020 Moms
Options

December Appointments

Re: December Appointments

• Options
    @bluguitarhannah. It was a week apart with the holiday, so a big jump makes sense! 
  • Options
    I had my intake appointment today.. nothing super exciting, lots of health history. It took FOREVER. The nurse that the appointment was with basically read me an entire booklet. 🙄 Girl. I can read on my own. Then we did bloodwork and a urine sample, but dang. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a second u/s with my RE's office on Wednesday (12/11) to hopefully get a higher heart rate and then they will officially graduate me to my OB.  That appt is already scheduled for the following week.  I can't wait for that next u/s.  The low heart rate from last week's u/s has really made me nervous.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    NiPT and US on the 23rd, my first was the week of Thanksgiving! So ready for it!! 
  • Options
    9w4 check up today, saw a squirmy chicken nugget on the ultrasound and solid heartbeat. 

Scheduling NIPT for late next week, at almost 11w. Then 13w nuchal scan/US the first week of Jan. Exciting!! 
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah it really does! It was a huge shock for me the first time. I went from having the RE in the room for our US saying, "let's just watch her move around for a while" to going to the OB and having an US tech get us in and out in, like, 5 mins. It sucked. I'm, at least, more mentally prepared this time.
  • Options
    @laurad75 did you have a CS with your first? Sorry if we've discussed this and I'm just forgetting!
  • Options
    @blaf322 Yes, DS was an unplanned cs. I could try for a VBAC if I really wanted to but my OB suggested this was a safer option (esp with mono di twins) and I'm fine with it.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 It's kind of exciting to have a no later than eviction date lol
  • Options
    @laurad75 🎉🎉 baby date! My sister had a vaginal birth, then a c-section (breech) and then twins via c-section because one was breech. From what I remember it was definitely the safest option for them! I don't  envy the recovery, but having that no-later-than date is awesome! 
  • Options
    I caved and booked a private ultrasound on Dec 24. It was only $40 for the 2D and we’re going out of the country for NYE so I just feel like I need some additional reassurance that all is well. We just saw the heartbeat again last week at 9w4 but I just don’t think I can travel without stressing the whole time without another glimpse.

crazy? 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead not crazy... that's why we work. So we can afford to pay our bills and spend on the fun stuff here and there too. If that's what you want to spend your $40 on and that's what makes you happy, I think it's more than worth it!
  • Options
    @rachelredhead Not crazy at all.  I never even thought of that but probably would have done it with DS if I did.  We had a long stretch in between discharge from my RE and my first OB US and I thought I was going to go insane.  

@blaf322 @modoodles Yes, I'm perfectly happy to kick the kids out at 38 weeks.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @rachelredhead It's your baby and your peace of mine.  I've already done one private us personally.  I'm trying to decide if I'll take advantage of winter package and do one more. If the NIPT results reassure me enough I may wait.  My next US is not for 2 months and that's just a lot after the fertility process I've been through.

The trip sounds fun!
  • Options
    Had my nurse appt this morning and it was kind of meh lol. She kept saying "oh you've done this before" and then skipping over stuff. I wanted to be like yeah but I don't remember! Got a bunch of blood drawn and was able to do the finger stick for the first trimester screen since I'm in the window (10w2d), so I'm glad I didn't have to stick myself at home this time! Now the anxiety to wait for the results and to get my nuchal US scheduled....
  • Options
    Finally had my first appt / US today.  Baby looks great with a HB of 169 and confirmed due date of 7/19 (although it will be a RCS and will probably be a week or two before that).  They wouldn't let me do the blood work for the Panorama screening since I wasn't 10 weeks - I had the choice of going back on XMAS eve to do it, or waiting until after the New Year.  We will be away until Jan 7 and my next appt is scheduled for Jan 8 so I may just wait until then.  Has anyone else done the Panorama after 12 weeks?  
  • Options
    @smpic2287 My testing was this week and I'm a little over 12.  Congrats on us!
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah ok awesome, thanks! My last two pregnancies I had it done at exactly 10 weeks so after 12 seemed late for some reason! 
  • Options
    @smpic2287 never made it this far personally before.  I know it can be done earlier but for me there was a whole thing in getting my original appt scheduled so it got bumped out.
  • Options
    I had my second appointment today. My Panorama results I took last week still aren't I'm yet which I knew was a long shot. I got to see the wiggly bug. Heartbeat was 170. I need to schedule my 12 week nucal appointment with the high risk doctor but there seems to be some idiocracy among the offices with it. Hopefully I can get it set soon since it's only 2 weeks away 
  • Options
    @enchantindragon I took the Invitae test last week too and I was so hopeful we’d have results this week but I’m trying to accept that the holidays slow everything down. Sad trombone. But lovely to see a wiggly little one!
  • Options
    @rachelredhead yes I'm sure it's going to be slowed down because of the holidays. It is what it is. Hopefully the holidays keep us busy so time flies.
  • Options
    @blaf322 great news on NT scan.
  • Options
    @mehugg 9 vials of blood!? 😫💀 I get so queasy when my blood gets drawn. I have to lay down, have an ice pack on my chest and neck, and sip on a Capri sun 😅 I have my full OB work up this coming Monday so I suppose I should prepare? Yikes. 
  • Options
    @shaqn0sis I would. My first appointment they took 8 vials 
  • Options
    @shaqn0sis I'm the same way, my blood pressure drops fast every time. I've been determined to "beat it" during pregnancy (can you even do that? Lol) I shared because I desperately wanted to know what I was in for. Hydrate a lot and eat before you go. You got this! 

I've done better the past 2 times I've been in and  theorizing that being off caffeine is helping 🤔
  • Options
    @shaqn0sis. Same here.  If they take more than one vial I get super light headed.  I usually need a chaperone haha
  • Options
    I seem to be almost exactly on your schedule! EDD 7/11 🙌🙌🙌
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @rachelredhead 1st name is settled (Sophia) debate continues on middle name

congrats on your results 
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah Sophia is so lovely! We have a short list but I doubt we’ll feel 100% til we meet the fella. DH is a big Winston Churchill fan so Winston was at the top of his list. I vetoed that for a final choice but compromised and said we’d use it as baby boy’s nickname in utero. 😂
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah my husband so wanted to name our baby Sophie or Sophia, like it’s the ONLY girls name he likes, but my dog (from before him) is named Sophia. So if we have a girl we may never agree on a name 
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah congrats! I looove the name Sophia. I wanted to use that name for years, but then my cousin name his daughter Sophie lol. It’s such a beautiful, classic, name.