February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/2-12/8

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/2-12/8

• I failed my 1 hr glucose test and I'm currently experiencing my first real bout of mom guilt because of it...
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve been in panic mode about our house not being ready by baby time so I’m making a list of essentials, but not going overboard. if anyone sees something that I’m obviously going to need but don’t have listed please let me know!!! (Formula baby so no pump or any BF things needed.)

Crib with crib sheets 
    Bottles
    New Nipples
    Swaddles/sleep sacks
    Blankets
    Diapers
    Wipes
    Pacifiers
    Diaper Bag
    Playmat 
    Bouncer seat 
    Boppy
    Burp Cloths
    Clothes washed in Dreft
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • babybelugacobabybelugaco member
    edited December 2019
    @ibabyloveb87
    Does dreft really make a difference? A few of my momma friends have told me not to bother and to just stick with normal brands but in sensitive. Like the Tide for sensitive skin, because it's cheaper and more effective. 
  • @ibabyloveb87, washcloths to clean baby as needed before umbilical cord comes off, eventually towels and a plan for bathing.  Also a car seat and either a stroller or a carrier for when you have to leave the house for appts or errands.

@babyroma, H and I use Arm & Hammer Free and Clear for ourselves and we always used it for DD without issue.  She has eczema too and it's been fine for her.  I did use Baby OxiClean for stain removal for her for the first year though.
  • ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited December 2019
    @babyroma honestly if you do a sensitive and/or scent free detergent, it’s probably fine. But I’m obsessed with the smell and still wash my 3 y/o’s clothes in it 😂

ETA: I’ve found the best way to get stains out is a mix of the dreft spray and oxiclean. 

@jvk2012 ah thanks. Things I have but just didn’t write down 🙂
  • We just wash in always free and clear. I’ve read. Agree about bath stuff- wash cloths, hooded towels, soap and lotion. Car seat, carrier or stroller 

• @jvk2012 umbilical cord stumps can be submerged in water. Studies have shown that submerging them does not increase infection rates. We routinely bathe babies and submerge the cord stump while they are still in the hospital.
  • @daffodil_shoe, interesting because I know they showed us how to bathe DD in the hospital and while a little water may have gotten on her stump it definitely was not submerged.
  • @jvk2012 yep no worries, just pat it dry.
  • @fallonpartyfor2 I also just found out Wednesday that I failed the 1hour GD test. I go tomorrow morning for the 2 hour test (apparently it’s a 2 hour test here) and I’m so worried! I know it’s something I’ll have to deal with but the hassle is scaring me with how busy life is right now. I’m stressing out! 
  • Looking for ideas! We do a yankee swap style gift exchange every year and this one I'm a little stumped on. Any fun ideas? I like to do something kind of jokey but still useful for anybody of all ages (well, 15 and older!).
    For example, I saw this idea too late for this years, but for the next one I'm going to get a bunch of empty gift cards and put them in one box with only one that actually has value to it. 
    ($20-25 limit)
  • @babyroma, I have seen people put a $20 bill in a container and then wrap it with saran wrap in a ball so the person has to unwrap the whole thing to get to the $20. 
  • @jvk2012 I've done something similar before, but with a crap ton of layers of that, duct tape, zip ties....
  • @foreveronyourside I can totally relate. This will (very likely) be my last pregnancy so I’m trying my best to savor every last movement. I did feel phantom kicks for months after I had my daughter but those aren’t the same. 
  • @Swiftlet showers make me exhausted of any kind, mine or someone else’s!! I think it’s always a sugar crash after haha 

We had such a busy day today it’s nice to just lounge on the couch. Started the day seeing Santa (again), then went to the park, then had a lunch date just me and DS, then nap time where I wrapped all the Christmas presents, and then a tacky Christmas party. I. Am. Done. 
  • I am with DD at an indoor playground at the YMCA. There are 6 seats for adults. 5 are occupied with men or women and 1 is filled with coats. Not one person has offered to move the coats or stand up to allow me to sit as a very obviously pregnant woman. The coats thing piss me off the most. 
  • @jvk2012 I’d be like hey are these yalls coats? 
  • @ibabyloveb87, yeah I should have been more aggressive about it. Even if I wasn’t pregnant, I hate when people are so unaware of their surroundings that they didn’t notice someone standing while their coats were taking up a spot. 
  • @Swiftlet I am so sorry. People are a bit dense sometimes. 
  • @jvk2012 You should have just picked the coats up and put them on the floor and sat down, hands on belly. Dare anyone say anything! 
  • @Swiftlet sheesh! I dont understand why people have to give their horror stories! It doesnt do anything to soothe anybody! 
  • @mandk1233 @babyroma I was just reading a collection of inappropriate things people say to/ask pregnant women and I was thinking how I glad I was no one has said anything like that to me. And then today, jeez...
  • @Swiftlet No! Why oh why would she say that? I'm sorry!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's