Low AMH, mild MFI
BFP 7/29/17
EDD: 4/5/18
<3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
BFP #2 7/2/19
EDD 3/13/20

Re: Randoms w/o 12.2

• Options
    Anyone get some good Black Friday deals? Any plans for Cyber Monday purchases???

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chichiphin oooooooooh awesome!!! What stroller and car seat did you get? I know it's a lot to invest, but you'll definitely use everything you bought! The mamaroo was one of the few things that DS would sit in for 10 minutes in lieu of me holding him 24/7

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @stassischroeder i got the uppababy vista in william (the black friday special) & the Graco 4Ever 4 in 1 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @chichiphin NICE! Are you just doing a convertible car seat, or will you get an infant seat too?

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @stassischroeder I got the double stroller we wanted for 20% off, DH got a great deal on a Ring Security system for our house, and I pretty much finished up shopping at least for DH and DS. Oh and DH and I took advantage of the Lillebaby sale and he got a complete carrier and I got myself the dragonfly wrap. 

Not as exciting but I just grabbed some bras at 40% off on motherhood’s site. Last time I didn’t really buy enough bras so I’m not going to make that mistake again. Though I’ll probably wait until the baby is here for a couple months to buy anymore in case my size changes. So far my size hasn’t changed this pregnancy my boobs just re-inflated 🤣 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @stassischroeder i'm registered for an infant seat.... is that necessary tho? I mean this massive thing I'm registering for has an infant option but I didn't know if it was still recommended to get an infant seat separately
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @varimama nice! What stroller did you get? I'll have to look at the dragonfly wrap. 

@chichiphin it really depends on your lifestyle. For me, with having two small kids to get in and out of the car on a regular basis, I feel like an infant seat is absolutely necessary. The biggest difference is the ability to just lift the entire infant seat out of the car (or click it back in) instead of jostling/waking them up by having to strap them in/out of a convertible car seat. DS was in an infant car seat until about 10 months, and could've stayed in it longer, and it was really nice to be able to carry him with one hand and have my other hand free all the other stuff (purse, diaper bad, blankets, etc.). And there were multiple times where he was sleeping when we arrived somewhere, and it was REALLY nice to be able to leave him in the car seat and not wake him up. And you'll be able to get an infant seat adapter for your stroller, so you can just click it into the stroller instead of transferring the baby from the car seat to the stroller bassinet/seat. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @stassischroeder I got the Bob duallie looks like the color I got isn’t on sale anymore but the orange and blue are! https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PJ141M3?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

This is the dragonfly wrap. I think it’s like a cross between the k’tan and an actual wrap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PJ4TPT5?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image&th=1&psc=1
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @chichiphin I think everyone’s answers will be different for if you need an infant car seat. The downside of them is they are so freaking heavy. I could feel my stitches ripping a bit every time I lifted that thing and by 3 months DS weighed so much that combined with the seat weight it was too much for me and we bought the 4ever and didn’t ever go back to it. I just popped him into a carrier when we went got places and he rarely slept in the car bc he screamed his head off while we drove 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m stronger this time from carrying him around so I’m hoping I can handle the infant seat longer but we shall see. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    Back to the normal routine today!
    @stassischroeder I bought a maternity coat from Old Navy for 50% off. I was holding out on getting one, but $40 seemed affordable enough. I also bought a pair of maternity/nursing pajamas from Kindred Bravely for 35% off, since I've heard good things about their clothes. 
    @chichiphin I agree with @stassischroeder that I definitely liked being able to remove the infant seat from the car and carry him around in his bucket seat for a while. Everyone has a different preference though! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    perhaps I'll let the registry decide for me... if I get the infant seat as a gift, we will use it. if not, I will have a 4ever for each car & we will be baby carriers lol this could be a terrible choice but whatever 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @chichiphin you can always buy one after the baby is here if you feel you need it! You'll need the 4evers eventually anyway :) 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @chichiphin, we're doing the same thing re: infant vs. convertible and letting the registry fates decide. I got the same Graco you did! $199 seemed too good to be true. Most of the thoughts I've heard on the infant seats are that they're great if you drive a lot, live somewhere cold, and have a stroller travel system. Otherwise, you're going to be replacing in a couple months or a year (when they get too heavy to carry easily) with a convertible anyways, so it's a really personal pro/con eval. But I'm a FTM too!

Also snagged a lillebaby ($45 - open box, but come with standard warranty) and a travel crib.   
  • Options
    I was avoiding cyber Monday but you all are giving me serious FOMO!! I need a double stroller. And maybe a Tula. And other stuff. 
  • Options
    You guys omg the bump wouldn’t load for me at all for the past week. I was dying to check in with everyone. Wahhhhhh! 

We just got back from our trip to Virginia. It was nice to see family but man oh man am I happy to be home. 

I got a bunch of clothes for H, DD, and baby on Black Friday. I’m also getting H a Samsung smart watch for Christmas. Probably ordering it today even though it seems to just be at its permanent discounted price. I may also order an Amazon echo because they’re on a good sale today. 
  • Options
    @chichiphin my son is still in his infant car seat (it goes up to 2 years). We love it. He fell asleep in the car this wknd and DH brought him up to his nursery to keep him asleep. We bought the chicco shuttle to go with it and that was the only stroller we used for a looooong time. The shuttle was so easy and folded up so small in my trunk. It’s def a convenience thing though. You don’t **need** it, but a lot of times with baby convenience is really nice ha.

I got tegu blocks, another monitor (it’s the same as our current monitor but ours is being finicky with charging so figured I’d buy the whole thing over and just use with the two cameras from each set and have a backup finicky watching monitor if needed), zipadee zips for my baby nieces, my Christmas cards, and some more pocket cloth diapers (I got one that is ridiculous with ruffles that only a baby girl could wear, but this way she’ll have at least one diaper that never touched her brother’s butt ha). I’ve bought so much this past month with holidays and trying to get DS’s big boy room ready. My poor credit card. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @chichiphin, I think whether you go with the infant seat vs. convertible really depends on how much/if a person wants to babywear or not, because without the infant seat, you'll most likely need to do that when you're out and about from time to time (like when you're shopping, and it's not convenient to push a stroller and a cart.. infant seats can be placed in the basket of the shopping cart, or, some stores will have the infant seat securing attachment up front in some of their carts).  I really wanted to babywear with my first two, but it didn't work out for various reasons.. with my DD, I could only afford to try out one carrier, and it worked out ok until she got to be around 6 months and then she was too big and it hurt my back.  she liked being carried, but we used the infant seat the majority of the time for convenience.  I tried carrying my DS, he hated it for whatever reason.  he preferred to lay there and kick his legs and flail his arms in his seat.  lol.   so for us we have gone with the infant seat.. I really want to try babywearing more with this LO though.  also, where I live it gets really cold, so unbundling baby and getting them out of their car seat and getting them into an infant carrier seems more trouble than its worth for a quick trip to the grocery store. 

@miss.sally, @silverhope, I too did some shopping, I got clothes for this LO, myself, and DD, plus a few household items, and even with the sales, I have to say it adds up fast.  I usually don't do my shopping all in bulk like that (I'll buy a few things here or there) . 
  • Options
    I'm so excited guys - I've picked up reformer pilates! does anyone else do reformer during pregnancy? I'm hoping it helps prepare me for birth & then will be amazing for postpartum 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @chichiphin I have never done a reformer class bc of the price, but I have heard amazing things. I did barre up until the day I went into labor last pregnancy and I really think the stretches and moves helped me have a smooth labor. I wish I had a barre studio that was closer that had childcare so I could do it this time around.

Would love to hear your review of reformer pilates after you’ve been going a bit!
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I tried the Popeyes chicken sandwich today for the first time and it was terrible. I can’t believe people compare it to chick fil a. I couldn’t even finish it, it was so rubbery and gross. 
  • Options
    @mommytimes4 good info! My students swear Popeyes is better so I've been curious, lol. 
  • Options
    @mommytimesfour I wonder if you just got a bad one. I haven’t tried their sandwich but their regular chicken is usually really good! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    I wanted to buy more this Black Friday but my mom yelled at my to wait for my baby shower 😂 she’s right so I held off. But I did get my freshly picked diaper bag for 30% off! And got the new maxi cosi kori bouncer of Facebook marketplace new in box (it’s already sold out everywhere and it just came out) so I’m happy with the deals I scored :)

decided on the uppababy cruz in the end and it was only 10% off so I decided to just wait and see if I got it for my shower
  • Options
    @dunder_mifflin what color diaper bag did you get?! I got one on Black Friday also! I got the butterscotch. I actually haven’t even opened the box yet but I’m super excited to see it in person! 
  • Options
    @miss.sally I got the black classic bag, I debated between that and butterscotch though! I’m excited to get mine too
  • Options
    Ugh my office is going through crisis and people are getting fired/it may get totally canned. I don't particularly care, as I really want to start looking for a job closer to home, but I'm sitting here like, "Hi, can I just make it through my PAID maternity leave please?" Lol Lol Lol.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @emilylove25, yikes, that is nerve racking.  being pregnant always makes me nervous about things like this, since a lot of my work is contract based... I always worry about the contract running out right in the middle of a pregnancy and missing out on paid leave.   as it is, they always seem to up the price of my insurance when I'm pregnant.. they did it with DS and now with this LO.  DH was convinced they monitor if I'm pregnant or not when considering insurance prices.  LOL.
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 uuuuuuuuugh that sucks! FX you get to keep your job for now just to reap the Mat leave benefits!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 hopefully you get to stay through Mat leave. When my SIL got laid off though they offered a decent package with it so since she got another job right way she made double pay for a few months. Hopefully if you do get laid off and won’t get paid leave you’ll get something to help you save for a bit!! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    Yes! I should add that I'm not REALLY worried about it, but it's definitely not stable. I also left a "better" (but less money) job for this in June, and that probably was not the best idea in hindsight. This job had so much promise but our VP resigned suddenly (discovered he was having an affair with someone else) the DAY I started haha. With him gone, everything is in chaos. Blah. But honestly, I'm okay regardless fortunately. I'd find a silver lining (time with kids) for SURE! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 do you know when you'll be "safe" and know that you're staying? or is just a guessing game any day??
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    @dunder_mifflin I wanted to get so much stuff during Black Friday and Cyber Monday but my mom yelled at me to wait for the baby shower too!!!  Lol!  So I held off on a lot of things... but I'm feeling apprehensive about it.  The deals were so good!

@mommytimesfour I'm not at all impressed with the chicken sandwich from Popeyes and it will forever baffle me that people are waiting in such ridiculously long lines (and stopping up traffic, rude) just to eat one.  Like, what? 

@EmilyLove25 Eek, that is scary when offices go through firing phases/restructuring stuff.  I hope all stays peaceful for you so you can get your paid maternity leave! 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 I hope things work out and you at least can stay through your maternity leave!
  • Options
    it is taking everything in me to not buy and personalize this blanket:
     https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/gold-star-sherpa-baby-blanket/?cm_src=PIPRecentView

I need to keep looking at my CC statement to stop myself... BUT IT IS SO CUTE
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Options
    Ughhhhh I have the worst cold. I hate being sick while pregnant. And my hubs took over the kids so I could go to bed early and let me sleep in and I was so grateful, but then I got downstairs this morning and saw the mess. I guess him being alone with the kids meant they didn’t clean the playroom, or the kitchen, or anywhere. So now I’m still sick and I have all that to look forward to. I’m the kind of person who can’t go to bed at night until the house is relatively tidy so waking up to this is super stress inducing. Like irrational pregnant sob inducing if I’m being honest right now. 
  • Options
    @chichiphin Omg that blanket is adorable!! Now I want it lol 
  • Options
    @momoftoddlers Sorry your not feeling good. I had a bad cold last week and it truly is the worse. I am the same way when it comes to going to sleep. I can't have dishes in the sink or know that the house is a mess. It would drive me crazy. Hope you get better soon and get some rest! 
  • Options
    MalidociousMalidocious member
    edited December 2019
    @chichiphin Omg that blanket is super cute!  I love almost everything at Pottery Barn Kids!

@momoftoddlers Aw, being sick is the literal worst.  And having a cluttered house is very anxiety-inducing, so I feel you.  We got our dishwasher replaced last weekend and I had to have dishes in the sink for half a day and it felt like too long, lol.  I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!