April 2020 Moms

November Appointments

2»

Re: November Appointments

• @mercury94 They scheduled me for an early glucose test too because of PCOS and my BMI. I had a one hour one and it was just on 11/27 at 17w6d. I found out yesterday that I passed as the lab posted the results. I have another one scheduled at 24 weeks in January. No ultrasound that appointment, but I got to hear the baby's strong heartbeat on the doppler. The little kiddo made her work for it, causing her to chase him or her around my lower stomach. My anatomy scan is at 20 weeks on 12/13 and I can't wait. I'm due 4/30 so I'm always last in this group for these things. lol. :smile:
  • @Kathryn0903 I have a low lying placenta, as well. It’s not covering the cervix, but is about 2 cm
    from it. It worried me, but the midwife said that as the uterus grows, it should move further away from the cervix. I have to have another ultrasound in the third trimester to make sure that it does. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyrummom were you put on a 15 lb lifting restriction? Doctor said no lifting over 15 lbs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kathryn0903 Nope! She said to just let them know immediately if there is any bleeding, but she seemed to think it would resolve itself as the uterus grows and it moves further away from the cervix and to just do the repeat ultrasound next trimester. 
  • Midwife appointment today went well and we found the heartbeat as soon as she put the doppler on my bump. For no real reason I had this feeling of dread going in that something would be wrong so I really needed to hear that heartbeat. So relieved! She also talked me through signs of pre-term labour because the age of viability is 23-24 weeks (whhhaaat?!?! way to go modern medicine!)
    Anatomy scan on Thursday, and at my next appointment in four weeks I'll meet my backup midwife (we have a primary, a secondary and a backup). At that appointment we'll schedule my glucose test. I have PCOS so really hoping I pass it! I don't want to have to do the fasting one because no one should ever have to interact with me when I'm hungry  :D
  • @babyrummom interesting. They think it'll resolve itself, but I got put on pelvic rest and the no lifting over 15 lbs restriction. I laughed at the lifting restriction seeing as I have a 2 yr old.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I would struggle with no lifting over 15 lbs too. My pug is a solid 30lbs and is a big mama's boy. Easier to say no to him than a toddler though!