Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 12/2

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 12/2

• EDD/weeks+days: May 23rd / 15+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Spongebob Squarepants. Or a cinnamon roll.... which I now want

Upcoming appointments: not until December 31st!

How are you feeling? Large. I just want my nausea to go away but no end in sight!

Raves/Rants: I got a z-pack from my doctor so my sinuses are much improved!
    Also, I bought some maternity work pants and they’re soooo comfy. I’ll probably purchase some more in different colors!

Questions: not now!

Everything Christmas-related. Now that I have a kid who is old enough to be aware, seeing her awe at everything is my favorite so we’ve been looking at lights and decorating more since she loves it! Going to a Christmas parade this weekend 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 15+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Pear? but last week it said a naval orange and IMO those are bigger than pears...

Upcoming appointments: Thursday

How are you feeling? Pretty good now. I weighed myself yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I'm still semi-nauseous at night though. 

Raves/Rants: If I cough too hard I gag. It sucks. 

Questions: Not really a question, just something I'm considering. I want my A/S to be on the early side BUT the window crosses over into 2020 so for insurance purposes I think I will try to schedule it for 1/2 so it goes towards my 2020 OOP. I won't hit my OOP this year so it seems silly to add more costs when I know I'll hit it next year with delivery.

Christmas-y things. I love the Christmas season. This year I'm excited to make a bunch of cookies to share with my cul-de-sac neighbors. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @mokay19 Ooo! I made cinnamon rolls this morning. It felt right for the snow day I have! Go get a cinnamon roll! I love the Christmas awe with DD too!

@catem07 US insurance drives me crazy. Pregnancy related check-ups should be covered across the board. You shouldn't have to do this strategy game.

EDD/weeks+days: 5/17 / 16+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! Hopefully the end of the month. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado. Yesterday a chipmunk without the tail...

Upcoming appointments: 12/9. So ready to hear the heartbeat again for 5 seconds. 

How are you feeling? Ok. My heartburn decided to have some rough days. I blame sitting in a car. Feel some growing pains as well.

Raves/Rants: Excited for a snow day! 

Questions: 

Cookie baking, watching Xmas specials, and sharing everything with DD!
  • @mokay19, pregnancy pants feel like heaven after weeks of discomfort with my regular pants and the stupid rubber band/Bella band tricks. I should have started sooner this time!

EDD/weeks+days: 5/25, 15 weeks!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: PINK

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado, navel orange

Upcoming appointments: Dec 12th for a standard appt, no scan, these have been some long 4 weeks...

How are you feeling? Overall ok! Nausea is gone, except for some triggers that make me gag, but mostly gone. I am tired and sleeping has been an issue, side sleeping is leaving me achy.

Raves/Rants: @jrouge12, everything was cancelled for us today too!!! Yay for snow while everyone is inside! Also, I think I felt a few flutters this weekend! Seems super early but felt real (STM and 4th pregnancy).

Questions: Suggestions for comfortable sleeping with the pregnancy pillow that doesn’t lead to shoulder/arm/back pain? I don’t remember this during my last pregnancy.

EVERYTHING. Putting up Christmas decorations, cooking Christmas dinner, family getting together, going to NYC to see the decorations, Christmas mass, Christmas music...
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @catem07 insurance is the reason that I pushed for mine to be 12/31 since I’ve already reached my OOP max this year from fertility treatment. If I hadn’t, I probably would have just waited until the new year. 

@jrouge12 we got a light dusting yesterday and I wanted the snow to keep falling! 

@queenklau I feel like I can feel movement when it’s like a full adjustment... but it could also just be my constipation haha. And I’m in agreement that this pregnancy is so much more uncomfortable for sleeping. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 15W5D May 20 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): an orange 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow! 16W check up

How are you feeling? I'm feeing pretty great! If I do a lot of activity during the day though, I have a lot of lower back pain which is annoying. 

Raves/Rants: sleep is starting to get pretty tough - so much tossing and turning. I think I'm going to go out and get a body pillow today. Also I'm at the point where sleeping on my back in uncomfortable and I hate it! I keep reminding myself that it all just gets worse which doesn't help...but at least I will be mentally prepared for the newborn stage as I'm already up every 2-3 hours anyways.  

I love all things Christmas! We decorated the whole house on Friday and DS was super into it! We are planning to go to a few places to see the lights and we saw Santa on Saturday. A tradition we started with DS from when he was a baby that I love more and more each year is instead of an advent calendar I wrap 24 Christmas books and he opens a new Christmas book each night before bed and we read it together. I put all the Christmas books away after Christmas, so each year they seem like new books or they aren't books he reads on a regular basis. It's a fun way to count down and keeps everyone in the Christmas spirit all month! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 23rd / 15+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange

Upcoming appointments: Dec 20 ultrasound for gender reveal

How are you feeling? Fat - I just want to look like I have a baby bump and didn't eat a dozen thanksgiving meals. 

Raves/Rants: @chewie5990 SAME. I don't miss first trimester being exhausted all the time, but wish I could sleep as soundly at night as I did then.

Questions: nope

Pretty much the same with everyone else CHRISTMAS. I cheated and for the first time put everything up before Christmas. I just can't help thinking how much more excited Christmas is going to be with a little one around the house!

• EDD/weeks+days:  May 24 / 15+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel Oranges 

Upcoming appointments: Dec 20th for anatomy scan and Dec 31st for amnio. I hadn't thought about the insurance implications but I'm glad you pointed that out @catem07!

How are you feeling? Nervous. And exhausted, frankly. 

Raves/Rants: I'd like the "second trimester energy boost" now, please. I'm so tired.

Questions: Anybody else had an amnio? I'm getting nervous.

GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? I love going to drive through lights displays. We have a good one near my house. Gonna make hot chocolate and an evening of it soon

@chewie5990 I love the book idea! And I'm with everybody on the general love of Christmas, too.
  • @louessbee My OB does global billing but that doesn't apply to hospital services like U/Ses, blood draws, etc. (My office doesn't do U/Ses in house) so I feel like it's just a revolving door of bills... 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @chewie5990 sleep is so uncomfortable right now and I hate it, the body pillow has been helping some but I am a tummy sleeper so it is miserable.

EDD/Weeks + days: 5/24/15+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out 1/6

Baby is the size of a(n): Homer Simpsons doughnut 

Upcoming appointments: 12/18 regular old appointment

How are you feeling? Alright, I am getting a little more energy but work sucks the life out of me. 

Raves/Rants: We are loosing two people at work so we have to cover their cases until the new person is good to go and we get another hire in. I don't mind the extra people but I am annoyed at how much is not done. One person was transferred to me early and I have been trying to figure out his plan without knowing him which is a giant pain in my ass and the reason he transferred early was because I knew this plan would fall into my lap anyways so I figured I might as well get a head start and have the other person there to answer questions I have. My boss today was quite annoyed by all the things that are still not done but like I told her it is what it is and for the people I get I will figure it out but it is just frustrating. 
    One a good note, DS has been getting all good reports from school and he is just doing super well, he keeps asking how much longer until his little brother or sister comes. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? EVERYTHING Christmas! Though DS is a Dec baby so I love doing birthday stuff and celebrating him. 
  • @catem07 Same, it's crazy. I had forgotten that we'd hit our OOP for the year tho, so getting the amnio in 2019 will be good for us. I freely admit that I'm not great at staying on top of all the insurance stuff, it's so confusing. 
  • @louessbee I'm also pretty horrific with insurance and really any "adulting" type things...I just put things off and then purposefully forget about them...
  • Insurance is the devil. @catem07 It makes sense to wait until next year if you haven't hit your deductible or MOOP yet. Get your money's worth! Our company does enrollment in August but benefits reset at the new year. This makes no sense to me at all and I feel like we're all getting ripped off.

EDD/weeks+days: 5/18  16+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado? (but last week was navel orange and that's definitely bigger)

Upcoming appointments: Thursday the 5th for glucose challenge and doppler check-up

How are you feeling? Reflux off and on and lots of gastrointestinal pains or feeling bloated. TMI but I had a nasty stomach situation since Sunday night that I think is finally behind me. It makes me nervous though that maybe I got food poisoning and that now the baby is at risk.

Raves/Rants: got myself a pregnancy pillow finally. Tonight is my first night trying it out. Will let you know how it goes. 

Also getting a lot more anxious about money these days. Haven't bought any baby stuff yet but I've already had to spend so much on pregnancy stuff :/

Questions: not at all pregnancy related. But does anybody else have this issue typing in the app on their phone? You go into a sentence to change something and it just keeps deleting or messing up words as you go? It's so frustrating! Is it just my stupid phone???

I guess holiday baking. I love to bake and this is the time of year people are eager to eat! @jrouge12 @mokay19 I really want cinnamon rolls now lol
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 34, 15+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel orange 

Upcoming appointments: Dec 12th

How are you feeling? much better!! And happy that my little bump is coming in. 

Raves/Rants: Rant: I’m on a work trip this week and for the last 2 nights we went to breweries for dinner and it just about killed me! 

Questions: nope. 

GTKY: Happy December! What’s your favorite December activity? Everything Christmas!! I still have to plan our Christmas party. I’m so late in getting things planned this year. 
  • @sunshinesea22 I think I felt my first flutter yesterday! So hard to tell. 

@lisush I really hate the app all around. I find it so cumbersome to try and catch up!

@aneggnamedalex it’s SO much more fun with littles around! Just magic. 
  • @sunshinesea22 this is our 3rd year doing the books and it’s getting more enjoyable each year! I have switched out a few books that now seem super “babyish” from when DS was 1, but other than that - same books! 

I think I’m starting to feel a little movement sometimes too! I’m getting excited to hopefully feel more defined movement in the next few weeks - but it definitely doesn’t feel like gas anymore!