Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) w/o 11/25

EDD/W+D

Team pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: (Stolen from group 1) What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby?
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) w/o 11/25

• EDD/W+D: 3/8 25+1

Team pink/blue/green: blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): head of Thor’s hammer 

Cravings/Aversions: none really right now 

Upcoming appts: Nothing until standard appt 12/19

Rants/Raves: I was worried I had too much going on Saturday for DS bc I scheduled family pictures then we had dinner with his cousins and then went on a polar express train ride that started after bedtime. However he handled it all like a champ! I can’t wait to see the pictures and the Polar Express was a lot of fun! 

Also got the call today that I passed my glucose test! Woohoo! All the Christmas cookies are being made this year 🤣

Questions: none

GTKY: What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby? I’m mostly hoping for deals on toys for DS. I’ll keep an eye on our registry too and if stuff drops more than 15% off then I’ll go ahead and snag it! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• EDD/W+D: 3/12 24+4

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): about 12 inches

Cravings/Aversions: Still all the sweets. Root beer.  Red wine (not drinking it, just wishing i was).  

Upcoming appts: Wednesday for a regular check up.

Rants/Raves:  This past week and a half has been a doozy!  My car got towed, I had to drive 200 miles and back in 24 hours for a work training, I needed my tire replaced, our dishwasher motor blew, our water heater leaked everywhere and needed to be replace, and I ended up in L&D with cramping and spotting because I overdid it during Pie Week at school.  Luckily, baby is just fine, I'm just fine and everything else is getting taken care of.

I'm so looking forward to having Thanksgiving off!  DH and I are leaving DD with grandma and heading to Vegas for a long weekend babymoon on Friday!  I'm anxious about leaving her for so long (4 nights), but am excited to eat too much and nap when I want to.

Questions: None at this time.

GTKY: (Stolen from group 1) What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby?  Probably not.  I think all the big ticket items I want either won't go on sale or I've already purchased used.  If Snoo goes on sale, we'll buy it then.  Has anyone heard of Nugget play couches?  It's the number one thing we want to buy DD for Christmas and that s*** has been so sold out that I don't think we'll be able to get one.  

@varimama I hope your pictures turn out great!  Remind me how old your DS is?  I'm excited for our DD to be old enough to enjoy some holiday things this year!  Polar Express sounds so cute!  And yay for passing your test! 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 25 weeks

Team pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Wide Brimmed Fedora🤣

Cravings/Aversions: 
    Craving hummus and chocolate bars. 

Upcoming appts: Saw the midwife last week, so not until next month. In case anyone wanted a good summary of the difference between an OB and a midwife: my midwife hugged me at the end of my appointment. 🥰 

Rants/Raves: Both: My 2.5 is going through a super clingy phase where she only wants me and has completely rejected my poor husband. On the rave side I love that she wants to give me all the cuddles, but on the rant side she won’t stop touching me, eating, sleeping, always, mama needs some space! 

Questions: Anyone else really sensitive to heat? All the stores have their heat on full blast and it makes me immediately ill. 

GTKY: (Stolen from group 1) What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby?
    Looking for an Instant Pot to gift to myself (if anyone understands the difference between the models and can recommend one specifically please do). Third baby so we don’t need anything big enough to Black Friday shop. 
  • @keeksie84, lurking - the Snoo is on sale! Currently 40% off. My coworker has a three week old with reflux and just bought one. He was telling us about it this AM. 
  • EDD/W+D: 3/12, 24+4

Team pink/blue/green: blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): Mr. Potato Head 😂

Cravings/Aversions: I need all the pumpkin pie, which is perfect this time of year 

Upcoming appts: 12/6 with my midwife 

Rants/Raves: Rave to my chiropractor- don’t think I would be doing as well as I am without my visits 

Questions: none so far this week

GTKY: (Stolen from group 1) What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby? We are hoping to get our nursery furniture on a Black Friday sale! I am trying to hold out for my shower but I’m going to keep an eye on my registry and if anything goes on major sale, I might get it 😬
  • @keeksie84 oh man sounds like you had way too many things go wrong last week, I hope this week is a million times better. Glad you are baby are ok! DS is 2.5 so he seems to be getting the idea of Christmas a bit more than last year. Honestly it’s cute watching the progression: first year he didn’t even care about presents just wanted to play with wrapping paper, second year he mastered opening presents. This year I think he’s going to actually be excited for them! 

@momoftoddlers I’ve heard people say my OB is more midwife like. I wouldn’t say he’s hugged me but he’s definitely personal and takes the time I need. He stopped to hang out and talk to me a few times while in labor last time and he likes to play with DS when I bring him. My MIL is getting us an instapot but idk what one she’s getting, she asked if we wanted 6 or 8 quarts and we chose 6. 

@emilyace makes sense to get stuff while it’s on sale even if it’s before your shower. Idk how big your shower is but like my family shower I mostly got things in the $20-75 range and of course outfits, our work shower people pooled together money and got some of our larger things. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• EDD/W+D:  March 10

Team pink/blue/green: team pink

Baby is the size of a(n): ?

Cravings/Aversions:  I had some ice cream cravings this weekend, so I bought a couple of different flavors.. now I'm not interested.  oh well, I'm sure the kids will eat it all anyway.  other than random cravings that come and go quickly, I feel constantly starving.  ugh.

Upcoming appts:  dec 2, regular check up

Rants/Raves: DD is really starting to push the envelope getting ready for school each morning.. I have to hound her every 10 mins, and she leaves later and later. I'm a bit worried she had a falling out at school and doesn't want to walk into the building until the last possible minute, but she won't say anything about any friend troubles or any bullying.  It could be she just doesn't feel like getting ready in the morning, too.    Rave, I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving off and, of course, food!

Questions:  Anyone else having to do a room switch before their LO is born?  I'm having to switch DD and DS around, so DS and this LO will share the larger room... I haven't decided yet whether or not it's better to get this done before LO is born, or wait until LO is 6 months or so and needing to move into a crib and out of mom/dads room.

GTKY: (Stolen from group 1) What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby?  I don't think I'll be shopping this year..  I have to work Fri morning, and also, I don't feel like facing any crowded stores.  I might look online, though, and that will be mostly for christmas presents for DD and DS.

@varimama, that's awesome your DS was able to handle all those activities.
    @keeksie84, yikes that sounds like a crazy week. have fun on your Vegas babymoon.
    @momoftoddlers, I hear you on the clingy phase.. my DS has become extra clingy lately too.  I called him my 'little barnacle' this weekend because he was pretty much stuck to my side.  maybe he senses he won't get so much attention when baby is born?  idk.
    @emilyace.. mmmm.. pumpkin pie..
  • stacey6689stacey6689 member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/W+D: 25 weeks today  <3

Team pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Popped bag of Popcorn 

Cravings/Aversions: Still Carbs for the most part and Chocolate! 

Upcoming appts: Monday I have an OB checkup and a follow up from the Anatomy Scan

Rants/Raves: Rave: Just got the news that I passed my 3 hour glucose test! Just in time to eat all the goods on Thanksgiving! lol

Questions: None 

GTKY: (Stolen from group 1) What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby? Not really shopping for much. There is this recliner that DH wants to get that he saw in buy buy baby. It was super comfortable and vibrated and all that but I think it was close to $900 so if it ends up on sale then maybe if not probably just going to pick up whatever baby stuff catches my attention. Oh and I really want an Air Fryer! 
  • EDD/W+D: 3/14 ~ 24+3

Team pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant, or about 13"

Cravings/Aversions: still mostly sugar. 

Upcoming appts: just had a regular check up today, next appt is the glucose test. 

Rants/Raves: I'm not at all surprised, but I've gained more weight than I would've liked at this point. I've been doing absolutely nothing to prevent it, and letting myself eat ALL THE FOOD at will. It's been fun LOL. So, not the end of the world, I just need to stop keeping junk in the house!

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: (Stolen from group 1) What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby? hoping to find a good deal on an infant car seat. Pretty sure we're going with the Chicco Keyfit 30 again, so I'm guessing I'll be able to score one for $50 off regular price. I may also pick up a wrap carrier of some kind if a good deal pops up. 

@varimama sounds like you had a great weekend! And yay for passing the glucose test!

@keeksie84 So jealous of your Vegas trip! And the Nugget couch looks so cool! We have some foam shapes for DS to climb on in the living room, and I'm sure he'd LOVE the Nugget! Sorry the past week and a half has been rough - hopefully all the bad stuff is behind you now and you can just enjoy Vegas!

@momoftoddlers ha, I love that your midwife hugged you lol. And, my 19mo son has always been a huge mama's boy. I love it to a certain degree, but it can definitely get really exhausting. I was more sensitive to heat in 1st tri, and maybe I still would be if we didn't live in the Frigid North!

@emilyace YES to pumpkin pie! I usually like it, but this year I NEED it!

@treetop19 we'll be switching DS's room when the baby is about 6 months, and DS is 2.5. Or at least that's the plan as of now. We'd do it sooner, but it involves moving our master bedroom back upstairs away from the kids, so I'm trying to push it out as far as I can. And girl, no way I'm facing any stores on Black Friday (or the majority of the holiday season if I can avoid it) - Online is definitely the way to go!

@stacey6689 air fryers are awesome! That recliner sounds amazing, too!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• EDD/W+D: 3/11 25 weeks tomorrow

Team pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): ?? I haven’t checked this week. 

Cravings/Aversions: I don’t even know. I just eat a lot I guess. Things haven’t been sounding good lately. Like I’m hungry all.the.time. But don’t want anything? 

Upcoming appts: Mid December. I had one last week and it was nothing special. Except that I failed my glucose test so I have to do the 3 hour. Wahhhh. 

Rants/Raves: We spent the entire day at the Verizon store today trying to upgrade phones and change around our plan. We have a business account through them so it was majorly complicated and annoying and I literally lost a whole DAY and we leave tomorrow morning for our trip and I haven’t even done laundry. And DD has ice skating lessons tonight so I won’t be home until late. Soooooo I’m getting zero sleep tonught after getting zero sleep last night due to a sick toddler. Yay. And then driving six hours tomorrow. Which turns into 7-8 with stops. 😩

Questions: when do kick counts start? I still don’t feel this guy much. 

GTKY: (Stolen from group 1) What (if anything) are you shopping for on Black Friday? Anything for baby? Unfortunately I have a lot to look for. Some things for baby and then I want to get H a smart watch for Christmas! We shall see. 
  • @treetop19 our hope is to switch DS to a new room before baby is here so I have the nursery to nurse at night in. He’s 2.5 and still loves his crib so I’m nervous about the big boy bed we’re getting. We need to get a move on it though 

@stacey6689 yay for passing the 3hr test. I told DH if I failed I wasn’t scheduling the 3hr until after thanksgiving 🤣

@stassischroeder I need to cut back on junk food too 😬 unfortunately it’s about time to start making Christmas cookies...

@miss.sally I think kick counts don’t start until 28ish weeks. Until 3rd tri I think movement is really inconsistent. If you’ve been really busy though that might be why you’re not feeling as much movement. I don’t notice it much through the day but when DH and I sit down and watch a show before bed this little guy tends to go nuts! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• EDD/W+D: 25+1

Team pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍆 😳

Cravings/Aversions:  pretty much everything but especially ravioli. Also gummy bears and tangerines. I would also love if my husband could whip up some oatmeal raisin macadamia nut cookies. But that’s not gonna happen! 

Upcoming appts: tomorrow. Will probably get my glucose paperwork. 

Rants/Raves: I’m tired and bored of waiting for baby. Ready to just hibernate and get this show on the road. Of course we have tons to get done still.... 😅

Questions:   Any 3rd time mommies here? I can’t decide what to do about a stroller. Stick with the old crusty one I bought for baby #1 around 5 years ago? Lots of baby gear is looking used and abused. But I’m trying to be economical about everything!

we don’t know if baby is a boy or a girl, so it’s hard to know what to buy. I would love a new glider so may look for one. We have boxes and hordes of girl clothes so no need to buy. If we had a boy, it’s game on, shopping! Guess I’ll just have to exercise self restraint.
  • momoftoddlersmomoftoddlers member
    edited November 2019
    @Cristin343 I’m a TTM and I tossed my old infant car seat and stroller, also about 5 years old. It was looking super worn out. I scored a new one on sale but I also bought a cheaper model since I knew it only needed to last one baby. 
  • @treetop19 Yep my mom keeps telling me the clingy phase is because of the baby coming. But I’m not sure what she’d like me to do with that information. Baby’s coming, get on board!
  • @pdx2020 thanks for the heads up! We might pull the trigger soon. 

@varimama @treetop19 @stassischroeder thanks! We had a trip to urgent care this week due to DD having a febrile seizure, but things finally seem to be calming down. And the dishwasher is fixed!!

@stassischroeder post here if you find a good deal on a wrap carrier! That's one of the few things on our list for DD2! 
  • @momoftoddlers good idea. Maybe I’ll just buy new and downgrade! No Uppababy this go.