Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Heart Issues while Pregnant?

Hello ladies - so a couple of weeks ago my doctor noted that my pulse was running high (between 108-125).  However, I had a sinus infection and she thought that was contributing to the increase.  I continued to monitor my pulse which stayed over 100 and I started to get the sensation of my heart pounding out of my chest.  And it wasn't with exercise - it wakes me up in the night.  Well, I got to feeling really awful today and so the nurse at school took my blood pressure. It was 144/104 w/ a pulse of 118.  She was concerned and my OB brought me in immediately.  In the office it was 116/90 with a pulse of 118.  So my doctor is concerned that there may be an underlying heart condition that I didn't realize I had before now.  She has referred me to a cardiologist.  Thank the heavens, baby is perfectly fine - baby's hr was in the 150's and baby was being very active :-)  So doctor is not worried there...

So has anyone else had similar issues with high heart rate/blood pressure?  What was the diagnosis?  How did they treat you?

Thanks so much and prayers are appreciated!!

Re: Heart Issues while Pregnant?

• Options
    I've had a couple of times where my heart was racing. I have a history of anxiety, though, so I'm pretty sure that mine is a panic attack.thats what it feels like. I'll be praying all goes well for you and your LO. (Hugs)

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Options
    I have experienced this as well with anxiety attacks. Perhaps this is what you're dealing with as well? Hope you get some answers soon and you feel better!

Ava's Story
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I mostly lurk on this forum but wanted to share my experience in case it helps. When I was around 24 weeks or so I started to feel like my heart was skipping a beat and beating really fast. It was in the weekend and I called my dr and they advised me to go to the ER. Turns out I was having palpitations called PVCs, which on their own are harmless ... Just really annoying. I have gone to a cardiologist and done many tests and everything with my heart is normal so he thinks this is just how my body reacts to pregnancy. Now at 35 weeks,my blood pressure is also going up and the dr is trying to keep that under control with labetalol which will help all three issues ( fast pulse, palpitations, high blood pressure). But having gone through all the tests I feel better knowing there aren't any underlying problems with my heart. So hopefully it is something similar for you and just your body's reaction to pregnancy! Good luck!
  • Options
    My mom and my aunt both got tachycardia when pregnant. My mom had to have a procedure done multiple times to fix hers but my aunts went away after birth. I'm no doctor obviously, but I just wanted to share that they experienced this and turned out to be fine. Good luck!

• Options
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    While I don't know that it would apply to this case, I had a rushing pulse problem with my last pregnancy once I hit the 3rd trimester. When I described it to a midwife, she said that it was more than likely caused by my heart getting turned slightly sideways due to the size of my uterus. Everything was just getting pushed around! Basically, my heart thought half of it didn't exist for a second and was trying to make up for it. She said that it was no danger, but to lay down when it happened and rest until it passed. That did the trick! But wow, did that scare me the first few times it happened! I hope that it's something that simple for you!
    image"Lilypie">Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    T's & P's 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"