Me:33
DH: 34
Married: May 2011
TTC #1: May 2015
DS: 10/20/2016
TTC #2: June 2019
#2 EDD: 2/20/2020

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/25-12/1

• My husband just told me he invited his friend and his family to our house for Thanksgiving. I love that man but he may get thrown in ther snow over this. 
  • @sassypants2010 how many extra people is that?
  • Loading the player...
  • 4, so not horrible. But I get hyper stressed with last minute changes, especially since I now have to find more chairs for the table and make at least one dish gluten/nut free so the 3 yeast old can eat more than Turkey. I also don't know these people and feel anxious about how the house will look. 
  • @sassypants2010 I’d be annoyed too. Glad it wasn’t more than that though. 

I’m so over the toddler poop fears. Just go, kid. It’ll be sooo much easier. Sigh. 
  • @sassypants2010 +1 to throwing that man in the snow lol
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @doodleoodle yeah I met my husband's friend once during the baptism of our son on Easter. He seems nice but now I am in overdrive when it come to cleaning the house because family can kiss my pregnant can, but strangers judging my clutter sends me into a anxiety state. How do you even make a gluten free dessert without almond or coconut flour! I am not equipped with this knowledge, so I think I will have him tell them to bring specialty foods that way I don't accidentally kill someone's kid. 
  • @sassypants2010 - send your husband out for some sorbet. I wouldn't make a specialty baked good just for a kid you've never met. But if you feel inclined, I am making chocolate mousse pie, you could make it crustless and it would be gluten free.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chocolate-mousse-pie-2687
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• So yesterday DH and I had a date day, where DD went to school and we took days off from work. We got our daughter's birthday and Christmas shopping done, then went to a really fancy Oyster bar restaurant where I got cauliflower bisque, a mocktail, crabcake, and fish tacos. Then we split a creme brulee for dessert.

We went home and were going to have some "us" time but I instead spent that time with the toilet, and then there was a toilet issue that he needed to fix. :grimace: So the date did NOT turn out as planned.

Lesson being, don't go out to seafood dinner in third trimester if you are intending to be romantic later.

Also DH went to Boston to go see one of his favorite bands and left around 3:30. He got home at 1 a.m. and didn't sleep well. He is absolutely delirious but is bidding on a public construction bid at 2 p.m. today and I'm a little worried about him. I told him to come home after the bid (public bids are thrown out if they are 0:001s late) but they will have to have a post-mortem once it is over. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL oh no!!! Definitely had that happen before, not pregnant. Haha The over indulgence can backfire. Hope your stomach is feeling better today. 
  • Well, between my all of a sudden terrible 6.5 year old sleeper and the person who fell asleep at the wheel and took out our mailbox and got stuck in our ditch at 11:30pm last night, I am running on maybe 2 hours of sleep and am exhausted. Only thing keeping me going is knowing that I have a massage tonight and daughter is being shipped to the Grandparents for the night so I might actually get some damn sleep. 
  • @bg122785 Oh no!!! So sorry! Hope you get rest, stat!

@leksiL Ugh! That's a bummer, sorry you ended up getting sick! Hope you're feeling better today!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @leksiL, oh no that's not a fun date day at all!  I hope you're feeling better now.

@bg122785, Hope the massage and sleep tonight makes everything better!
  • @kiwi2628 ugh I’m so sorry! Especially with the holidays coming up. Hope you feel better soon <3
  • @leksiL That is my exact thoughts! lol 
  • So today I'm 29+5 and had an appointment with my midwife and got "the talk" because I've gained 40lbs already. I know I've gained a lot of weight because my butt and thighs are huge now but hearing it from her and the way she went about it just really sucked. Diet time for this girl... 🦃🥔🥧
  • @um_thor Thanks for sharing, I still feel really guilty because I know that there was a period of time where I felt like I was eating NON-STOP, I was so hungry all time. So I wish I could take that back. But it's too late now.
    DH was at the appointment with me and he really took what she said very serious so basically wants to do the diabetic diet until the baby is born and after so I lose the weight and go back to my 110lb pre pregnancy self. 
    I have been told by many other women I work with that the midwives here are really hard on women about their weight so it's good to know that other providers aren't as harsh. Trying to not let this affect my self esteem and make me feel depressed! 
  • @clee5711 She kind of breezed past my excellent CBC report as well as the glucose test I took last week which was also great. Just replaying when she pointed at my chart showing the red BMI flag saying "you realize you're in the obese category now?" It hurts and I don't really want to talk about it with friends/family because I don't want them to know, etc.
    Hearing and talking about the baby weight just makes me want to cry. What if I don't? What if some of it sticks around? I am really really trying to stay away from the Google hole because I think I will obsess. 
  • @daffodil_shoe I didn't think the BMI thing made sense either!!! But I wasn't trying to argue with her, she followed it up with a rant that this is a problem in America and that she has this talk with the majority of her patients. It was a really hard and awkward conversation. I understand her concern that I might have labor and delivery complications because my baby might be too big and that it will be hard to lose the weight after birth. I get that. I don't want that either. 
  • @foreveronyourside my MIL’s mom gained 80 lbs her first pregnancy (started at about 100 lbs). That was her smallest baby (7ish lbs). Her 3rd pregnancy she didn’t even realize she was pregnant until she was pretty far along, and that was her biggest. 
  • @foreveronyourside girl don't let anyone shame you while you are literally creating life! You are a rockstar and should hold your head high. With my first my ob shamed me so much I lost 25 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, my new ob says as long as it isn't causing secondary risks to just be healthy. 
  • Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating today. Thankful for your support as always!
  • Happy Thanksgiving everyone! <3