February 2020 Moms
Options

Nursery, Nesting & Decorating Thread

2»

Re: Nursery, Nesting & Decorating Thread

• Options
    @um_thor I'm an indecisive person so committing to room stuff is hard for me! I don't have a great artistic eye so the way that some ladies can just throw together a room (and have it look amazing!) is mind-boggling to me. I'm usually the one with like four rugs agonizing over which is the best one before I return them all and go with a fifth :p
  • Options
    SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited November 2019
    Also, I know everyone said not to get a changing table but I found this on Wayfair and it looks awesome and I'm really tempted! I know it won't get the same lifespan as a plain ol' dresser but I like that it has the hamper and the bins for stuff...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Swiftlet - I don't think EVERYONE said not to get a changing table :) I had one with DD1 and it was super helpful. DD2 is getting the small room so we don't have room for it. The great things about the one you found are, it is not giant, it has drawers and a hamper. I mean it doesn't look that much bigger than my DD1's hamper alone! And it's cheap. If you love it go for it. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    @Swiftlet We had the all-in-one crib/changer thing and I used that changing table anytime we were upstairs. If given the choice, I prefer the changer. Just not willing to go up and down stairs to get to it...
  • Options
    @leksiL Those are all of the things I like about it, plus not super duper expensive. Hm.
    @craftywitch We aren't able to do one of those due to space (we're doing two mini cribs as it is!) and I was thinking maybe I could have one dresser and one changing table and make one up and one down stairs for convenience. I also found a dresser that has the three drawers and then two baskets vertically next to the drawers which is also appealing. I found third option which is basically a changing table with an open shelf underneath which I could see reusing for something else in the future. Like I said, indecisive so we'll see!
  • Options
    The room we're using is already painted a pale blue so we're keeping that.  Unfortunately, it's filled with office furniture and boxes of books from when we moved in.  Not a lot I can do about that on my own so we're waiting for the holidays when we can recruit some friends and family to help move stuff upstairs. 😬 My house is like this huge game of "can't move this til that is out of the way, but can't move that until this other thing is out of the way.". It's a mess and I'm kind of in denial that time is winding down.  That said, I think we're doing a vintage car/vintage racing theme... eventually...
  • Options
    I guess this kind of goes here, we won't have a real nursery until may when we move but yesterday we went to look at bassinets for baby. I'm glad we saw them in person because I didnt realize how short they were! We've scrapped the plan b (bassinet) and are going back to plan a (newborn 2 toddler pack and play!)
    H is 6'6" and I'm 5'10". The only bassinet that we didnt have to double over to reach baby was the halo one. But if we're going to spend that much, the pack and play made the most sense since it will grow with her. We'll just have to make the spacing thing work in our bedroom. Either that or this momma will be sleeping on our loveseat for 2 months with the pack and play in the living room haha.
  • Options
    @babyroma it's the opposite for me! My husband is 6'2 and I'm 5'0...reaching into most cribs any lower than the highest setting is basically crushing my ribs! I have a little step stool so I can reach into the washing machine (even when not pregnant) and I think I'm going to have to find a cute one for the nursery!
  • Options
    @babyroma and @swiftlet - similar issues here. Husband is 6’3. Does the pick and play seem comfortable @babyroma? We were saying we should go trial for him but haven’t