Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) w/o 11/18

EDD/W+D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green

Baby is the size of a(n)

Cravings/Aversions: 

Upcoming appts

Rants/Raves

Questions

GTKY: What kind of holiday shopper are you? (ie. Started already in June, wait until the night before, something in between?) 
Me: 33 | DH: 34
Married: October, 19, 2015
EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
EDD 11/24/23
(Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

Re: Group 2 Check-In (3/9-3/16) w/o 11/18

• Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 3/8 24+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): package of Oreos 

Cravings/Aversions: I just want food in general lately... and my weight is showing that 😬

Upcoming appts: Thursday regular checkup and glucose test 

Rants/Raves: I’ve got a nasty cold and it’s making me miserable. I’m pretty sure I’m single handedly keeping panty liner companies in business bc of every time I sneeze or cough... DS has it too but seems to still have all the energy in the world. 

Questions: Are cough drops pregnancy safe? I’ve been using them sparingly when I just can’t get control of my coughing but google has mixed results. I feel like I used them last pregnancy but I’m not positive. 

GTKY: What kind of holiday shopper are you? (ie. Started already in June, wait until the night before, something in between?) I’m in between. I kind of like to start and finish between Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Though I usually end up finding some last minute things too and sometimes if something is perfect will get something early. I learned last year with hot toys sometimes it’s best to get it right away bc they sell out or the price goes up. Of course it’s guaranteed that as soon as I buy something there will be a sale in the next week or so 🤣
    EDD 11/24/23

• @Malidocious I hope you have a good appt and your glucose test goes well! I find myself shifting all the time too. I can’t pinpoint a position that causes my pains, seems to be staying stationary does it but that makes it tough at night or when I just want to relax and watch a movie or something. 

@lizp1229 yay, that’s such great news that little ones heart is fine! This is probably the best part of pregnancy, you can relax a little after a/s results, get to feel movement, and aren’t too big to be exhausting! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• EDD/W+D: 3/12, 23+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): Cher’s cellphone in Clueless 😂

Cravings/Aversions: my sweet tooth has kicked in this last week, Ice cream and eggnog are my friends 

Upcoming appts: 12/6 with my midwife (a little concerned seeing that everyone else is having their glucose tests etc, and my midwife has said we won’t even be scheduling it until my next visit on 12/6, I’ll be 26 weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️)

Rants/Raves: Rave to my husband agreeing to get out Christmas decor and tree up over the weekend 😂 we have to travel to our family this weekend for a birthday party AND next Thursday for Thanksgiving (it’s only 1.5 hours each way but still) and I was ready to get into the holiday spirit now! 

Questions: is anyone making their family come to them for Christmas (or any of the holidays) this year? By Christmas I will be 29 weeks and feel like I will be much more comfortable in my home. As mentioned above our families both live in the same town (mine and DH’s hometown) about 1.5 hours north of us. The holidays for us are long days of driving to one sides house, then the other sides house, then home while trying to get enough time in with everyone. I know my family would be more than happy to come here and I am happy to host because I know they would help- but I think DH’s family will have a freaking cow about it since they already make comments all the time about how far away we live (we have been in our town for 3 years now and they have visited 4 times). My baby shower is 1/4 and is in our hometown and I planned that so it would be easiest for everyone to attend right after the holidays. Just curious if anyone else if changing some things up this year and how you are going about it?

GTKY: What kind of holiday shopper are you? (ie. Started already in June, wait until the night before, something in between?) 
    I am usually done after Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I love a good deal but I do tend to buy some stuff throughout the year as well if I come across the perfect gift! 
  • @lizp1229 so glad the appointment went well! I am so happy you can relax and enjoy now!
  • @Malidocious I hear you on the back pain! Not sure if you have tried a chiropractor yet (I go regularly even when not pregnant) and it has been a lifesaver! My low back has been an issue since week 16, I think partly because baby boy is so dang low, and I can’t tell you how much better I feel/sleep with my bi-weekly visits. 
  • @projectalice I didn't really feel connected to my first pregnancy, and I don't think I really bonded with my son until he was 6+ months old. Like I was immediately fiercely protective of him, but definitely missed my pre-baby life and didn't enjoy motherhood right away. But, now I think my son is the single best thing on the planet. LSS, a mother-child connection or bond can have many shapes and paths, and none of them are wrong!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• EDD/W+D: 24 weeks

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): waffle iron 🤷🏻‍♀️

Cravings/Aversions: I’ve been out of control with my cravings for junk so I’m trying to reign it in and put more healthy foods on the menu and less snacks. 

Upcoming appts: Midwife this week and she’ll order the glucose test. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: My husband and I went away overnight for our 8 year wedding anniversary/babymoon and it was amazing. We stayed in a B&B with the comfiest bed, fireplace, and soaker tub. I read a book, had a nice quiet dinner, and slept 12 hours. It was a pregnant toddler mom’s dream. 

Questions: What’s everyone doing for lower back pain? Is a heating pad okay? Any stretching or gentle yoga videos you can recommend? 

GTKY: What kind of holiday shopper are you? (ie. Started already in June, wait until the night before, something in between?) I like to shop early so I don’t have to stress about not being able to get something, especially with the fad items the kids want. I’m basically done with the kids gifts and just working on gifts for a few family members. We do secret Santa on one side so only have to buy one gift there and only buy small trinkets for our parents. And hubs and I haven’t really done gifts for each other since we had kids. Now it’s more like I want to plan the baking and crafts I want to do with the kids, and our annual visit to the light show. 
  • @emilyace @treetop19 I asked my OB yesterday, and she said that they prefer to do them around 28 weeks *shrug*. Again, I have no idea why there's so much discrepancy in the timing. Also, @treetop19 we're here to help fulfill your pregnancy chatter needs! 

@momoftoddlers I'm totally losing the battle against my cravings. Any reasonable human being would be appalled at my diet lately. And your overnight away sounds sublime!

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @mrsvp614 Thanks for the heating pad/patch suggestion. 
  • Hi everyone! I’m super late to the game this week but I promise I’ll go back and read everyone’s replies! 

EDD/W+D
    : 24 weeks today! YAY viability! 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Demi-baguette

Cravings/Aversions: chocolate and other sweets. It’s so bad. I keep telling myself I need to stop but my willpower is horrible and H brought home a few Costco bags of Lindt truffles and having them sit on my counter is no good. 

Upcoming appts: Glucose test probably tomorrow and then OB appointment Friday. 

Rants/Raves: I just feel SO tired all the time and I can’t shake it. I’m trying to be thankful but I’m so done being pregnant. I find myself wishing for a fast-forward button to have him here. I’m tired of feeling like sh*t always. 

Questions: I can’t think of anything at the moment. 

GTKY: What kind of holiday shopper are you? (ie. Started already in June, wait until the night before, something in between?) i would say I’m somewhere in between. If I find something perfect at any point during the year I’ll grab it. I have a stash in the basement for the kids. I like spreading out shopping because then I don’t feel like I’m spending a boatload of money all at once. I usually look for a few things on Black Friday also. This year I want to get H a smart watch and I think there may be some good sales. We shall see. 
  • @miss.sally I feel you on being totally done being pregnant. I’m so tired of feeling like crap and being tired. I have things I want to do! And I also want allll the chocolate. 
  • @WorkingOnMyNightCheese I might have to try the chiro! How long do the benefits seem to last? I'm afraid I'll go get adjusted, feel great, then pick up my kid and be right back to feeling like hell. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Oooh @WorkingOnMyNightCheese maybe I need a different chiro. I never felt a difference so I quit. But my back pain is real. 
  • @stassischroeder TBH only like 36-48 hours so far. But I hear it's longer if you stick with it. I can pretty much guarantee that the 2.5 hours of back carrying my toddler today undid everything from yesterday.