July 2020 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 11/18

Image result for funny pregnancy meme
**This was popular on my last BMB but if no one wants it here, nbd. Just figured I'd give it a try based on a convo from last week :smile:

Re: Monday Bitchfest 11/18

• I have a friend group that is kind of falling apart right now. There are 5 of us girls, our husbands all get along really well, and there is one couple in particular that my husband and I spend a lot of time with. We camp together, watch football together, go out together my 14yo DD babysit their 3 year old occasionally. Well, last weekend this friend and I went axe throwing (with a couple of women I had never met- I was the invite to get them a a large enough group for a private lane) while our husbands watched football and afterwards we met up with the guys and went to the bar together. One of the other girls was REALLY mad that she wasnt invited. She's been saying she wants to do a girls day but NO HUSBANDS or family, and it wasnt ok for us to exclude her. Every time we invite her and another girl they ALWAYS back out at the last minute. Now she's posting passive aggressive junk on fb about "be the person who includes other people." How about you be the person who shows up when you ARE invited? She skipped my bridal shower this summer because she fell asleep after kayaking and didnt wake up in time. The shower was at the house next door to where she lives. I cannot roll my eyes enough. 
  • @modoodles that. is. obnoxious! I can't handle people like that. They get cut out really quickly. We're adults, if you have an issue, talk it out with me and leave it at that. The passive aggressive memes will get you the axe (see what I did there?) real fast with me.
  • Loading the player...
  • My MBF... I feel like garbage this morning but finally decided maybe pad thai would be good for lunch. Maybe I can stomach that.... and the place I go, that's also the only place by work, is closed on Mondays. WTF... you should be open whenever I want to eat there :D 
  • @modoodles that's so obnoxious. If you flake constantly, eventually you stop getting invited!

@blaf322 that axe dad joke made me lol

@b_1029 sick husbands are so pathetic. I hope he feels better soon so he can start taking care of YOU!

I don't have a MBF right now, but the day is young! 
  • @blaf322 😂 love the axe joke! And the place I wanted to stop this morning was closed too! That's small town Wisconsin for you! 

@b_1029 spray him with some lysol and make sure you don't get sick! 

• @b_1029 nope nope nope! Poor guy, but he's got to fend for himself lol... Pregnancy and stomach bug do not go well together!

• MBF - I'm in Chicago for a conference and staying with a cousin who does not have a great set up for guests (not comfy daybed, no extra sheets/I'm taco'd into a king size comforter which is also partially a mattress pad/bottom sheet/not sure if there is a towel for me/etc). I'm grateful but when I come back in February (also MBF - having to come back to Chicago in February) for the second half of this conference I'm going to get an airbnb. Also like...he's 35, I feel like H and I have had a decent set up for guests since we were 23 (we are 30 and 31 now) as hospitality is something very much in our DNA. 

I probably sound like a brat but I didn't sleep well and am cranky lol.
  • @pocketrose I’m kinda surprised he said yes to you staying. Or that he didn’t at least preface the agreement to have you stay with, “you’ll be slummin’ it.” Is he single? I can see a single guy maybe not realizing that’s an issue. Especially if he’s a perpetual bachelor 
  • @pocketrose I'm sorry that sounds super uncomfortable, but I'm dying at your use of "taco'd" :joy:

I have one now! I knew I couldn't go an entire Monday without having something to complain about. MH's manager will not approve his vacation day requests that he submitted at least a month ago for time off around Christmas. But she's not denying them either. Anytime MH asks her about it, it's, "oh I need to make sure we have enough people to cover XYZ, I'll need to check with this other department manager to see who's here, blah blah blah." LISTEN LADY I'M A PLANNER SO JUST GIVE US AN ANSWER. Also we're going to start potty training over that break, so please give him that time off for my sanity. okthxbyeeee!
  • I'm in leadership for a local volunteer organization and I'm SO over it right now I can't even begin to tell you.  I am so sick of people not following the VERY easy steps that they need to do and how much extra work that is NOT in my job description rolling down my way.

@stlbuckeye132 omg that would drive me crazy! Planners need to know! (Also i think we might start potty training over Christmas break too...and I'm not excited about it.) 
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I'm an experienced special educator with my Masters degree (plus some) and specialized skills. Part of my day I pull students out of the classroom for IEP services and other parts of the day I "push in" to the classroom. The idea is for the classroom teacher and I to plan together to provide individualized instruction inside the classroom. BUUUT, there are 2 teachers who never bother to tell me what the plan is, or change the plan with no warning. So I go in there with no clue as to what we are doing. So I just "support" the best I can and go with the flow. I feel like an overpaid, overqualified classroom aide (there is nothing wrong with classroom aides, I love them). I'm just not using my high qualifications and it's not helping my students. It doesn't usually bother me but lately it makes me so ANGRY that they can't be bothered even to send me a quick email. 
  • @blaf322 He's not single/has a live in girlfriend which is why I think there is a daybed and a comforter, without her I think it would be couch land USA.
  • stlbuckeye132stlbuckeye132 member
    edited November 2019
    @KatieEl this is our first Christmas since 2012 that we won't be traveling to one of our families' places, and I was so looking forward to a chill, relaxing Christmas at home. Then I had to go and get the bright idea to potty train. Ha. I'm hopeful it won't be as bad as the horror stories I've heard, but who knows!

ETA: If you have any tips, throw them my way since this will be my first time doing it!
  • @dancingtreepose I’m a former Sp.Ed teacher now administrator. I’ve been there. Why don’t you send them an email request stating that you are working on being better prepared for your students. Word it so that it seems that you are working on perfecting your work while subtly putting them on blast. Hopefully they respond. If anything, you are creating a paper trail to keep yourself out of harms way. 😏
  • I just spent 20 minutes re-explaining DH what exams, ultrasounds, blood tests and screening we will be doing from now to week 16 and I think he understood half of it now.... I just need him to understand everything as much as me, but it looks like for him it's all new words and concepts. 
  • Just inherited a new batch of patients a few weeks ago, and unsurprisingly the person I inherited them from half-assed the work, so I'm now having to generate a bunch of paperwork and do a lot of caseload clean-up that should have been done months (if not years ago).  And I'm trying to do it in a workweek that's half as short as normal b/c I have a training to go to and a funeral (bf's grandmother unfortunately passed).
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• mimser said:
    I just spent 20 minutes re-explaining DH what exams, ultrasounds, blood tests and screening we will be doing from now to week 16 and I think he understood half of it now.... I just need him to understand everything as much as me, but it looks like for him it's all new words and concepts. 
    i think i have done this like 5 or 6 times now (mind you we've only known i'm pregnant for two weeks!), but yesterday we actually sat down and plugged everything into his phone calendar and i emailed him a bunch of links for guys for first trimester.  maybe he will read them???  if not i think i have the whole internet memorized now since this is all i think about!
  • @asf0613 I got him the book The Expectant Father in the Audible version. He listens to it when he walks the dog so that's good. I do wonder if hearing all those acronyms instead of reading them doesn't make it more confusing 🤷‍♀️
  • @stlbuckeye132 I have potty training THOUGHTS.  My oldest trained at 4.5, my middle guy at 3 on the nose, and the current friend is showing all the readiness signs at 2.  It's truly wild how different kids are.  But also, I definitely effed up the first time around which I'm pretty sure contributed to how long he was in pull-ups for.

The first tip I have:  the three day method is a LIE.  Not that the method doesn't work, it does, and I'd recommend some variant of that for sure, but it takes longer than three days.  Give yourself at least a week before you make an assessment about whether it's working or not.  My biggest error was always stopping at day three with my oldest, creating continuity and eventual power struggle issues.

Otherwise, I followed the normal way of doing things, plopping the kid on the toilet in increasingly short intervals until they finally pee, lots of naked time, salty snacks and juice/water.  Make a big production out of successes! Be very chill about accidents: "oops we don't pee on the floor" and then make them help you clean up.  "What a bummer you had an accident, huh? you could be playing right now, but instead we have to clean.  That's no fun!"  Also, get prepared to be a broken record, "do you need to pee" "Check in with your body, do you have pee?"  It's so easy for them to forget about it, so asking a ton (I mean A TON it should feel really insane/unnatural) helps to keep it top of mind.

And just know, this too shall pass.  Potty training is truly my least favorite part of parenting, and it looks like I'll be in the thick of it with you, so solidarity.

Also, I really loved these, they are SUPER absorbent, so it helps contains accidents once they're back in pants/out in public, but it's still wet/cold/uncomfortable (see: very different than a pull up) so they definitely know they had an accident.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @stlbuckeye132 I missed the PT talk....for PTing, I highly recommend Oh Crap! Potty Training. It's a SUPER quick read and worked like a charm for DD and she was starting to self-initiate by the end of D1. It doesn't work that quickly for everyone but I really think her method/some of the things she suggests you do/say when things get tough was a big reason for our quick success.
    We had to change up some of the verbiage around what to say when accidents happen because DD is too sensitive, but everything else was spot on. I also HIGHLY recommend ordering a big pack of puppy pads to cover anything important (we covered couches and rugs). This was more for DH and I because we wouldn't be able to relax and just let her be a toddler if we were worried she'd pee on important things. We didn't really need them, but it was the reason we were able to relax (which is important). 
  • @KatieEl @blaf322 thank you for all the hot tips! Either MH or I will be home with her for 12 days straight, so this is like our only chance to have an extended time home with her. (Unless I want to PT on ML with a newborn. lololol nope) She's also showing signs she's ready, so I'm hopeful but still a little nervous. I'm definitely sticking to the plan for 10 days though - if she hasn't caught on (mostly) by then, I may call it quits. She's still pretty young (21 months when we'll start) so who knows how it'll go. FX!
  • @stlbuckeye132 good luck!! Let us know how it goes!!