April 2020 Moms

Product Spotlight- Baby Apparel

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Baby Apparel!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

For all:
What baby apparel will you stock up on?
Is there an amount you plan on getting?
Favorite types of baby apparel?
Favorite brands?

To  view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7iBv8rbDsTBMXAK7R3NWhG-619XNbpdNza2uci0iYs/edit#gid=0!
Next up: Rocking chairs/Gliders
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight- Baby Apparel

• What baby apparel I get will largely depend on if I find out if this is one is a boy or girl. If I have another boy, I have tons of clothes.
    I suggest not buying too far in advance of sizes. You never know what size baby you'll have and whether they'll grow out of clothes fast or slow. My child was growth restricted and never got to wear some clothes because it was the wrong season by the time he fit into some of these clothes.
    I suggest in the beginning, getting a good amount of onesies, pants, and sleepers. Newborns will get clothes dirty so easily and you'll go through multiple changes in a day.
    As far as brands, I like Carters, Oshkosh, and the Target Cat and Jack brand. Definitely sign up for the Carters rewards program. When you spend so much, you get a $10 coupon.
    This may be helpful because I didn't know this as a FTM. If you see clothing labeled 3m, that is actually 0-3 months. Similarily, 6 months is 3-6 months, 9 months is 6-9 months, and so on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A lot of people keep recommending zip-up footie onesies for the first few months, but I'm finding them really tricky to find. Everything seems to have snaps!
  • Loading the player...
  • @korthouse It might help to look up "sleep and play". That should bring up what you're looking for. Every company has a different name for things since some are copywriten/trademarked. But I know that's what Carter's calls them.
  • What baby apparel will you stock up on? I’ve already stocked up on footed pajamas. I didn’t buy any for DS in newborn size and those are easiest in the beginning. Will also make sure the have enough onesies and pants. 

Is there an amount you plan on getting? Enough for 2-3 outfits per day but I do laundry twice during the week too. 

Favorite types of baby apparel? Zutano booties are my favorite baby item. Stay on better than any sock I’ve found! I keep it pretty simple with onesies & pants and footie pajamas. 

Favorite brands? I usually stick with Carter’s for the most part. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• @KFrob No Target here in Canada. We used to have them, but they didn't launch them with the full product lines that they have in the States so they didn't do well.
  • @korthouse NO TARGET?!?!?! booooooooo, sorry  :(  Check out Carters but look under "one piece" 
  • okay okay, since I can't imagine life without Target I did some quick recon, you can shop online https://intl.target.com/ 
  • @KFrob This is special information that I am likely to cherish. Thank you!
  • @korthouse Well.ca has quite a few zippered options in their 'baby bodysuits & sleepers' section - definitely not as good value for money as Target, but once you factor in shipping costs it seems to even out...
  • Yes to zippered onesies, zutano booties, I love that the newborn onesies have mittens built in!! Onesies and stretchy elastic top pants, a few cuter 'seeing people ' outfits and lots of extras. Kenzie had reflux and we could go through 5 outfits a day! 
    we have a lot from kenzie that was gender neutral  so we have a good base, but we've still got some just for this baby new clothes. 
    I have bins of clothes kenzie has grown out of, we are saving to give to my SIL when they eventually have a kid.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!