March 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/11

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/11

• I think I just pulled off one of the dumbest minor injuries ever. Was stirring pasta and was too close to the stove and splashed boiling water on my poor bump 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Catching up!

@pdx2020 first of all, OUCH!

@EmilyLove25 sounds like a wild trip! Also sounds like you could possibly drive right through my city, depending on your route. Ha!

@kagesstarshroom I am on team house cleaner! We hired one for the first time when I was in the hospital giving birth, lol. It was so awesome to come home to a clean house! We recently started having them come monthly and it’s awesome.

We has snow here this week, too! Only about an inch. It’s supposed to warm up by the end of the week, though.
  • @pdx2020

Ouch! Are you ok???

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder, totally! Mostly injured my pride and have a small, itchy pink patch. 
  • @pdx2020 I did the same exact thing during my last pregnancy! It hurt so bad. My skin peeled and I still have a scar. 
  • @EmilyLove25 I want a new carrier. DH decided he wants to wear this baby, he didn’t wear DS I did and now I’m jealous he’s getting a new carrier. Idk what I want though. I have an ergo360 but it’s got the Velcro waist and needs the infant insert. I’m considering a Lillebaby but they are a little big for my frame. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @EmilyLove25 I’m a little carrier-obsessed also. I just got the Ergo360 actually (Scored it for $20 at a consignment sale). But for newborn stage I have two Mobys and a k’tan type thing. And I have a regular Ergo that I got for DD before they had the 360. And a cheap thing that I got with DS because he liked to face forward. I also have a ring sling that I haven’t figured out. Lol. I don’t know if I’m just doing it wrong or what. Now I feel like I need to look at these new Ergos you speak of. Eeek. 
  • @EmilyLove25 @miss.sally I want carrying to work so bad, especially embarking on the third and needing all the hand freedom possible, but I just never got them to work for me!! I end up sweating and stressed by the time I get baby positioned which makes them sweaty and upset. I tried Ergo Performance, a K'tan, and a ring sling with DD. The ring sling was the best of those but I never felt she was fully secure. I then got a Tula Free to Grow for DS, falling for all the hype, but I felt it was super stiff and bulky and he didn't seem to like it. I am sure practice would help, so I plan to make myself try more with this one and hopefully not buy another option though I won't be surprised if I talk myself into another option being the answer.
    @miss.sally Your husband is getting a hip replacement? That sounds intense for all of you!! 
  • @EmilyLove25 @varimama @miss.sally I also want another baby carrier! I have a Lillebaby, a ring sling, and a boba wrap. I kind of want a Tula! 
  • I have a Lillebaby and love it. I didn’t get it until DD was 2 months old but I’m assuming it’s newborn safe as they don’t sell an insert. We also have a Moby that DH likes but I hated! Takes to long to get that thing all wrapped up. I have a baby Bjorne carrier for when DD was super small. I would like to get a ring sling this time around. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @stac4056 if u want the easiest carrier ever (only for up to 14 lbs), get a nesting days carrier. They are expensive but u can usually get 10-20% off with a promo code. It’s a stretchy shirt u step into and can put the baby in.

i know you tried the k’tan, but that one is also really great once u get the hang of it and u can wear bigger babies.

but nesting days is foolproof if u are serious about babywearing this time.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @EmilyLove25 I saw the embrace, but I just scored a new Omni 360 for $100. It's supposed to work great for newborns without an infant insert, but we'll see how I feel about that when I actually try it with a tiny, squishy baby. 

@varimama I also have the older Ergo 360 with the dumb velcro waist (WHY). I loved it when DS wasn't too heavy, but it killed my back once he got chunkier. I have a Lillebaby, and while it's better on my back, it seemed less comfortable for DS in the forward-facing position. It always rubbed his legs. If I were you, I'd go for the Ergo Omni 360 because it has the thicker, buckle waist (almost identical to the Lillebaby), can handle a newborn without an insert, and is more comfortable for kiddos in the FF position. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder I was just looking at the Ergo Omni 360! Just need to justify it to DH 🤣
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Ahh I am overwhelmed with how many options of baby carriers there are!   :o  I'm registered for an Ergo Omni 360 right now.  I was thinking I wanted a k'tan but there are different kinds — the original, Aura, Active, Breeze, and Embrace.  What are the differences?!
  • @Malidocious that is the carrier we registered for too... hopefully i didn't get it wrong lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @varimama and @stassischroeder Hilariously, I love the velcro waist hahahaha!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 I wouldn't mind the velcro if the band itself were more substantial and didn't fold over on itself. It didn't end up supporting much of DS's weight once he was over 20 lbs, so my shoulders carried it all. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Anyone use a Happy baby carrier? My best friend loves hers, so I'm looking into those. I was never able to use the Ergo 360 I was given, because it was too difficult for me to strap on my own. I used a K'Tan in the early days and then a cheap Chicco carrier we were given, but I want something nicer this time around. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @silverhope Those look awesome, thanks for the suggestion!!  I think I bought the K'tan in an XS and it felt to be hardcore squeezing her into me, so may be worth looking into a S to see if that makes a difference. 
  • A little late to the conversation but I am very excited to be able to wear this new baby!  I have way more baby wearing implements than any sane person should have - several machine woven and handwoven wraps and ring slings along with a K'Tan, a 2Lambie reverse onbuhimo, two Ergos, and two toddler Tulas.  I suspect most of our wearing in the early days will be in the ring slings and wraps.  
    DS1 07/2015
    DS2 10/2017
    DS3 due 03/2020