July 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/11-11/17

Give us all your random thoughts here!

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/11-11/17

• @blaf322 I completely agree about that app. DH and I played around with it during DD2's pregnancy and it was fun, but none of the names on the app were ones that were our style so it was largely useless. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve completely forgotten about all the foods to avoid while pregnant, and are eating them all before I realize it’s a bad decision. So far it’s been hummus from a shawarma restaurant and quesadilla with cheeses I didn’t ask about 🤷‍♀️ I’m sure everything is fine, but damn I need to stop for my own sanity 
  • Also I’m pretty sure I’m down to 2 pairs of dress pants and 3 flowy tops to hide my blump
  • @coffeeandcookies84 wait, is hummus off limits?! This is going to be a problem for me...
  • @coffeeandcookies84 I was literally thinking I need to re-research what not to do & eat. I was so cautious with baby 1, and here I sit now inhaling paint fumes at the nail salon gagging. 
  • My previous doctor said nothing is off limits as long as it’s in moderation. This doctor said beware of deli meats and raw fish. I’m pretty good at averaging out advice in my head and turning it into whatever I want it to be 😆. Though I definitely am not craving raw fish at the moment. 
  • @coffeeandcookies84 pretty sure hummus is safe. Avoiding hummus feels like an extreme I've never heard of before.
  • @blaf322 you’re most likely right, but when you go into the deep dark hole of google searches, everything is off limits 😂 I just need to relax, or I’ll starve.
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    hahaha... no judgement here! You avoid whatever you feel you need to for a healthy pregnancy. A friend from DD's BMB got listeria from ice cream, so I'm sure it's possible with humus too.

Edit: got Listeriosis? Listeria? I think the former... you get the point though :smile:

• blaf322 said:
    Maybe this is old news but, I found a baby name app called Kinder. It's like Tinder but with baby names. You match up with your spouse and then each of you sort through the names to accept/reject and it'll tell you which names you matched on.
    The only down sides are, I feel like they could have more names in there and you can't add names to the database so that other names you think of/like that are outside what they have can be considered (using the app). But, it's a good starting place, so that's good!
    i saw this while lurking on another BMB!  Thanks for sharing it here too! I already started writing down names i like but i know if i start sharing with DH he will say we're thinking about this too far out.  so im going to wait to introduce the app to him as well so hes more receptive (not that he isnt excited, hes just pragmatic and likes to think about things in the order that they will come up so names are probably pretty far down on his list)
  • @asf0613 I like it because I feel like if I suggest a name I love and he doesn't like it, I'll get defensive about it. If it's just an independent selection thing and see what matches, it feels like that's less likely to happen? I could be being optimistic. DH wasn't picky about DD's name and liked both my ideas so hopefully this go round ends up as easy and we don't end up with baby no name lol
  •  I accidentally posted about this on today on last weeks randoms thread 🤦‍♀️
    @blaf322 DH and I used a similar naming app Babyname. It's also like tinder and you and your partner can swipe left or right and it saves a list of names you both like. It was helpful for us since we had such a tough time agreeing on a name for DS.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I have had a running list of names we like for months, but our problem is that he likes every name. Every single name. How do you narrow THAT down? 

Also, ice cream will definitely still be happening. Getting sick from that is just cruel. 
  • Is it just me, or did the Hilaria Baldwin mc announcement yesterday spook anyone else? Obviously I don’t know her (and personally I think she’s an attention seeking weirdo), but seeing the article took the wind out of my sail a bit...
  • @pretzellover I didn't see anything until just a few minutes ago. It's heartbreaking no matter who you are. 

I'm not a Baldwin fan. They're weird. 

• @modoodles I wish liking every name was our problem! Then I'd just pick one and we'd move on :D Actually, that's kind of how it went for DD's name. He wasn't super picky so I chose. It was great lol
  • @blaf322 but, but, just one? There are too many great names! 

Also, this will be my first time Team Green. So narrowing it down to two names?? My youngest didn't have a name for a few days because my ex husband and I couldn't agree. I was holding out for Grant, he was holding out for Garrett, and  we ended up with a Carson. 😂
  • modoodles said:
    @blaf322 but, but, just one? There are too many great names! 

Also, this will be my first time Team Green. So narrowing it down to two names?? My youngest didn't have a name for a few days because my ex husband and I couldn't agree. I was holding out for Grant, he was holding out for Garrett, and  we ended up with a Carson. 😂
     :D  :D Carson seems like a reasonable compromise
  • @blaf322 what can I say, I'm a mess and all over the board with names. 😂 This will be why it will be so hard! 
  • @modoodles can confirm trying to come up with two names is the worst part of being team green! With our first, we had one girl name and two boy names (MH liked one, I liked the other) and we were going to "wait and see which felt right" if it was a boy aka I was going to play the "I just pushed a baby out of my vagina" card and get the name I liked. Luckily she was a girl, but now we're back to square one.
  • @modoodles That's part of the reason I can't be team green. Picking a name is so hard for us. I'll make a list, but nothing feels right. Especially boy names! I honestly though DS was going to be nameless. 😂
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • macheno said:
    @modoodles That's part of the reason I can't be team green. Picking a name is so hard for us. I'll make a list, but nothing feels right. Especially boy names! I honestly though DS was going to be nameless. 😂
    I have three boys, it's going to be HARD to find the "right" one if we have a boy!
  • FWP Tuesday.... Moe's burrito bowls are garbage but their queso is delicious and Chipotle has the opposite situation going on. My FWP is that there isn't one of each next to each other so I can have the best of both worlds.
  • KatieElKatieEl member
    edited November 2019
    I just bought a completely unnecessary maternity dress, just because it looked so cute on a pregnant FB friend of mine 😂
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl now I want to see the dress! :joy:
  • yes! @KatieEl share a pic of the dress!
  • @KatieEl That dress is so cute! I usually can't pull off a higher necked top but I'm hopeful maybe that'll change when I'm rockin the bump?
  • I made banana muffins for breakfast, with honey butter cream cheese. I hate cooking but these were absolutely worth it. 

Actually those were second breakfast. I ate smoked gouda mac & cheese as soon as I rolled out of bed 😂
  • @modoodles omg that Mac and cheese sounds incredible! 
  • @b_1029 Mac & cheese is hands down my favorite food, so I love trying new recipes for it! My kids pretty much hate anything unless it's from a blue box. Gross.
  • @b_1029 so cute! Your dog is so happy!
  • @modoodles both of your breakfasts sound amazing! I also plan on making some banana bread/muffins this week (hopefully)

@b_1029 such a great shot! Your pup is so sweet. We made sure to include our dog in a few of our wedding photos and I’m so glad we did