May 2020 Moms
Options

STM+ check-in: November

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?

Any questions/concerns?

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  

Re: STM+ check-in: November

• Options
    mamaclownfacemamaclownface member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days:  May 24th, 11 + 4

How old is/are your other kid(s)?  DD is 3.5, will be 4 in January. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She is  so excited to be a big sister. We're team green, but she is convinced she is having a sister. I hope this doesn't lead to disappointment if it's not a girl haha. She keeps announcing to everyone that "There is a baby in mommy's tummy!", and will run up and kiss it. Thankfully everyone she talks to is already in the know, or that would be really awkward.

Any questions/concerns? I BF DD until she was about 1.5/2. Even though she is almost 4 now, and hasn't bf since then, she is still obsessed with my boobs. I worry she's going to be jealous of the new babe and our bf journey, and hope she doesn't try to revert back. Does anyone have experience with this? 

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  We recently got a camper, so she is having a blast on our camping weekends together.
    Edit- removed spoiler (mistake)

• Options
    @kylelee23 I’m also wondering about the boob situation. I still bf my kid and she doesn’t seem possessive (I also don’t know if I’ll still bf her 6 months from now) but I’m curious to see how she’ll react to it.

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 5th, 14+2

How old is/are your other kid(s)? She’ll be 13 months in just over a week

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She’s a hot mess. Teething and crying/whining alllll day. It’s testing my sanity.

Any questions/concerns? What do you do when Tylenol and offering cold things and teething toys doesn’t seem to work? :disappointed:

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  Nope. We took her out to a restaurant last week and it was horrendous so I’m worried about the thanksgiving event we’ll be going to soon! We’ve been sick so I’m hoping my partner will start taking her to the park again once we’re all on our feet again
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD/Weeks + Days: 12W1D EDD:5/20

How old is/are your other kid(s)? My son is 3 - turning 4 next month! 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He's doing great - he is so excited to be a big brother. He is hoping baby is a girl because he says that there can only be one brother. 

Any questions/concerns? How do you deal with the impatience...DS has already started asking every day if the baby is going to be born today. I keep telling him we still have to wait a long long long looonnnggg time, but to him that's like 5 minutes.. I don't 

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month? 
    We have 3 birthday parties in the next 2 weeks...I don't know if "excitement" is the correct word..but I'm sure they will be fun for DS

• Options
    @kylelee23 We're you on the Jan '16 board? DD will be 4 in January too!

@chewie5990 I'm worried once DD knows she'll ask every 5 minutes too. I might make a count down calendar or something with other big events to help her break it up.

EDD/Weeks + Days: 5/17 / 12+4

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3.5

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Doesn't know about my current state but is super obsessed with babies and talking about when she was in mommy's tummy. Probably going to tell her after my appointment next week. I have some books ready.

Any questions/concerns? DD just won't poop in the potty. She goes in a diaper at naptime or bedtime and then won't say anything until she's got a bad rash and is in pain. I feel like we've tried everything...Any tips out there?

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  Telling about the new baby! I think she'll be over the moon!
  • Options
    ruby696ruby696 member
    edited November 2019
    @kylelee23 No advice on the BF issues sorry. I am jealous of your camper! I wish we had one. We tent camp, but it's so much work to set everything up.

@laurasauruss It's so hard trying to go out at that age. Bring crayons to Thanksgiving. I just shared what was on my plate and let my kids scribble next to me. As for the teething, I didn't do anything you're not already doing. Hang in there. ❤

@chewie5990 OMG, my kids are asking me daily if the babies are coming out now. I try not to get annoyed, but it's going to be a long six months if it keeps up. I've been showing them pictures/fruits of similar size so they can see how much the babies still need to grow. My 5 year old gets it but my 3 year old wants babies now.

@jrouge12 If you can, spend a couple days with no diaper on. Most kids don't want to poop if there diaper isn't on. Also, let her be in the bathroom when you or YH is pooping so she can see that's what people do. Assuming you haven't already tried those 

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 14th/13 weeks

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is 5 and DD is 3.

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? They're doing really well. They both love school, which I love, and they adore each other. My 3 yo has an attitude I can do without, but I'm hoping she outgrows that. 😬

Any questions/concerns? Nope

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?   We're traveling to my dad's house in two weeks and then to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. The kids will have a blast. I will be exhausted. 

Eta: spelling
  • Options
    @ruby696 good tip with the crayons! I’ll try it  :#
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ruby696 the fruit thing is a good idea!! I keep telling him that baby needs time to grow big and strong, so I think a visual will work pretty good!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11w 3d, EDD May 25
    How old is/are your other kid(s)? 7 and 5.5
    How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Good. The boy child just got over being sick again. Poor thing inherited my asthma, so any cold immediately aggravates his asthma. He's on an inhaler for the winter to help prevent this, especially since he's prone to pneumonia. It's the same inhaler I was on at 7, so it's sad and kind of funny. If it does get worse and require more/different meds, our pediatric dermatologist at Vanderbilt is also the pedi asthma and allergy doctor, so we'd be in great hands.
    Any questions/concerns? Just my usual worries about jealousy, especially from the girlie. She's been the youngest for almost 6 years, and although she's ecstatic, I know reality will set in and I hope she'll be okay. Of course, I had the same fears with my son, and that turned out absolutely fine, so who knows? But then, big difference between 17 months and 6 years, so...
    GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month? Fall pics in the yard. We have a big oak tree in our front yard and it finally turned red. The leaves should fall soon, so we'll do pictures and have great fun. Then we get to decorate for Christmas, which is my favourite thing in the world. They each have ornaments for every Christmas they've been alive, kept in a box they'll take with them as adults to decorate their own trees with. We have two pencil trees for either side of the fireplace, and one is dedicated to their ornaments, so they can put them on wherever they like without me rearranging. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 Thanks for the suggestions. She's in underwear all day except nap and bed because she can't stay dry sleeping yet. So she waits to go until those times. We do have her sit for awhile on the potty and try to go. I'll take her with me to demonstrate but DH won't go to the bathroom in front of her. He's the at home parent so he has the most time with her. I've also started having her watch me flush her diaper contents and wave bye to the poopy. At least she isn't constipated...
  • Options
    @jrouge12 I was around the Jan ‘16 board! Although I can’t remember if I posted much or at all. My DD turns 4 on Feb 1 but my due date was Jan 29. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @brettanomyces I definitely posted but don't remember any people really. Feb 1 isn't too off from Jan! Babies do what they want!
  • Options
    bananapandabananapanda member
    edited November 2019
    @laurasauruss probably around that age I started taking some old ipsy makeup bags and putting little random things in them (my little pony, mega blocks, hot wheels, animal figures etc) and then when we were out to eat and she got antsy I would let her have a bag to open and see what was in it. She was amazed every time and it would at least buy us a few minutes! Another few favorite toys to put in our bag are the dimpl toy and the buckle toy you can find both on amazon!

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 13th/ 13+2

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2yrs

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?good - she loves saying "there's a baby in there!" and pointing to my belly.  Sometimes she says "hi baby" and tries to lift my shirt in public lol

Any questions/concerns? I do kind of have that normal STM fear of how am I going to love another baby as much as DD, but I know that's normal and I obviously will love him/her just as much and will love watching them together :smile:

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  like @thepretzelchick I'm excited to decorate for Christmas.  I think with Thanksgiving being so late this year I can probably convince DH that we should do it before Thanksgiving.  I think DD might actually be old enough to want to "help" with decorating which should be fun

ETA: tags weren't working
  • Options
    @laurasauruss Good to know my question wasn't too weird. My DD does seem possessive, but it has gotten better. She fought DH over them for a while hahah. Also, no advise on what to do after the refusing of Tylenol and teething toys- but I hope your LO feels better. Its so tough when we can't make it all better and take there discomfort away.

@chewie5990 Also wondering how to explain this to my DD in a way that she understands. She asks every day if today is the day. She does seem to have a good concept of the order of Holidays (For example, she knows that Thanksgiving is next, followed by Christmas, followed by New Years, then Grandmas bday, and THEN hers) So I think I'll just start explaining it to her in a timeline sort of manner. 

@jrouge12 YES! that is sooo good to know someone else from my last BMB is here!

@bananapanda I do have the same fear, naturally. Like, how is it possible to love something as much as I love her? But, I know it's something we will just experience and it will all makes sense when the time comes.
  • Options

EDD/Weeks + Days: 12w5d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? Stepson-13, DS is 4, DS2 is 2. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing?
    My four year old is the wild card; he’s very spirited all the time. 

Any questions/concerns? I’m generally concerned about jealousy and being able to have enough because the 4 year old and 2 year old already fight over my attention a ton. Maybe this baby will band them together against the baby lol? The two year old is also still nursing; ideally I would like for him to be done before the baby comes. We will see. 

Have a private photo session with Santa scheduled at the end of the month that they do every year and they think is amazing. 

• Options
    11w1d today!

DD is 20 months.

My DD is doing ok, but we're definitely going through the terrible twos already. 🙄 Poor thing has had two stomach bugs in two weeks. 🤢

We moved out of state earlier this year and this will be our first Thanksgiving away from family. In a way it will be nice to do our own thing this year. 
  • Options
    Hello! I'm due 5/14 with another son! 

I have 18 mo old B/G twins. They are at a fun age. They adore their 6 week old cousin and love to help bring him toys. They are getting another cousin in January. My siblings and I are close so it's very fun that our kids will be close in age. I'm looking forward to seeing what having only one baby at a time is like!

More excited for December and the holiday parties etc than this month. Not too much going on.
  • Options
    @bananapanda & @kylelee23, I too worry about the amount of attention/love I can share between the two. But everyone assured me that your heart just grows bigger!

Anyone else started to inventory the stored baby stuff?...so much work...I guess it beats buying all new stuff.

Any advice on which things to replace, I have bottle nipples and pacis, pump parts, anything else you guys recommend?

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @queenklau  I finally got around to pulling out all my maternity clothes to see what I needed - different season and different climate this time around, so turns out I need quite a bit! 

I probably wont touch the other baby stuff until after the new year. I want to know the sex first and I just don’t have the motivation to do it especially with the holidays coming up. 

My replacement list is about the same as yours right now. I might replace our bottles too though because DS was so picky with bottles and would only take dr. Browns - but they are a PITA to clean, so I kinda want to try and easier/simpler bottle with the new baby first. 

We also got a few HMDs last time around that I might replace this time as they were already pretty old and we are still planning to have 1-2 more kiddos in the future 
  • Options
    @queenklau I’m planning to go through all of our supplies over Christmas break, especially since (I’m hoping) we’ll know the sex by then. I do need to pull out some maternity clothes though, especially my one and only pair of maternity jeans.
  • Options
    @queenklau I have pretty much the same list as you but I am adding new blankets (I need lighter ones, DS was a Dec in NY baby) and I need a new car seat because mine will be expired. Other than that I have not really touched much, we have been working on getting the house done ASAP so that we don't have to worry about it in the dead of winter so that has been an adventure. 
  • Options
    Nose frida is another thing you may want to replace, even if you have changed the filter. 

Also if you have a medela pump you should really replace the pump since it’s an open system. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @queenklau I’m jealous of your inventory. We thought for sure DS2 would be our last because he was an extra difficult baby, but had a change of heart last year. I have no baby things. Well, I have three swaddle blankets, a few random cloth diapers, a bib, a pacifier that was unused and a few blankets. But this will be our first girl after two boys so I’m kind of happy to have nothing, but baby things are so expensive now and this is for sure the last one. 😂
  • Options
    Also, on the topic of pumps. Insurance will cover replacement parts. I’m getting a new pump since its been four years and I hated my last one, but the woman I talked to told me parts are covered if I wanted to use my old one. 
  • Options
    @kylelee23 That is cute that she thinks it is a girl! I hope she is right, or that there are no issues if it is a boy.
    @laurasauruss Sorry about the teething kiddo. Have you tried Motrin? For me, DD got bad with her molars and we ended up using an amber neckless and it seemed to help quite a bit.
    @chewie5990 Maybe there are some books about waiting for a sibling to be born?
    @jrouge12 Sorry about the poop issue. For DD we had to pull out all the stops, character underwear, sticker chart, and a reward after X amount of stickers. We gave more 3 stickers for poop, and only 1 for pee. In the beginning I was taking her every hour to the potty no matter what. We also did the naked bottom phase for a bit. Good luck!
    @ruby696 I too have a Threenager with attitude!
    @thepretzelchick Sounds like you have some great traditions!
    @bananapanda I have similar worries, except I am worried on how I'm going to do it. Some days I feel like I barely manage with just 1.
    @allywat Thats cool about the Santa thing. DD is still questionable on him.
    @queenklau Sorry no advice on what to replace. I haven't started looking at any old stuff and probably wont until next year.

EDD/Weeks + Days: 13+4

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3 next week!

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Good, we are telling her and everyone else at her birthday party this Sunday!!!

Any questions/concerns? Nothing really, just excited to see DDs reaction to finding out the news. But also worried about how we will have to continue to talk about getting a new sibling with her.

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid that you are excited about this month?  My daughters birthday party!! Then we hang out with family for deer hunting and Thanksgiving.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 12+1/May 24

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3, and 2 next week!

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? pretty good, being toddlers. still waking up at 5:30 every morning because of daylight savings. ugh!!

Any questions/concerns? no. i'm happy that my nausea is somewhat going away so i can spend more time with them. 

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  DS2's bday party is at the end of the month at our local children's museum! I'm so excited for it. 
  • Options
    I never made it back to this threat last week!

@kylelee23 No experience as far as the BF worries, but I'm sure there will be some jealousy naturally. I am working on weaning my son now so I am also a little worried about the same thing.

@laurasauruss That's a tough age for restaurants, ours have started to get better (DS is 18 months). I hope she does well for Thanksgiving!

@chewie5990 So funny about your DS and one brother!

@ruby696 Good luck with all your travel this month!!

@m6agua Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday party and so exciting about telling the news!

@mamaqdubu We have been dealing with the same early wakeups, ugh! Hope yours get better. (I don't want to jinx things but somehow my son slept until 7:15 this morning..... I can't remember the last time he slept that late!)

EDD/Weeks + Days: 5/14, 13 +4

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 18 months 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? Pretty well! He slept better last night so I was super pumped about that. His first round of molars are now all officially in! His new thing is trying to walk on his tip toes and it is so cute. 

Any questions/concerns? Same general concerns it seems everyone has but nothing specific.

My SIL was here this weekend and DS spent the day at home with her, she's great so it has been fun. Other than that just Thanksgiving but we aren't traveling/having family so it should just be fun and low key. :) 

• Options

EDD/Weeks + Days: 5/24 12+1

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is almost 6. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? He is excited! He wants to be a big brother so bad was this is a happy surprise for him but I don't think it actually has hit him yet. 

Any questions/concerns? I am worried about all the changes this means for DS, he is a pretty laid back kid but we are best friends as he says so I am worrying about what a new baby will do to our relationship and if he will feel slighted. 

We have his school's Thanksgiving feast and he is super excited! 
  • Options
    Forgot this part. 😂

EDD/Weeks + Days: May 5 / 14+6

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 6 (7 when baby is born) and 4. 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? DS1 is in remission for leukemia, but doing well. We’re having some school troubles since he missed 6 months of kinder, but we’re slowly getting him caught up. DS2 has always been difficult. He’s strong willed and very stubborn. He understands a baby is coming and isn’t too happy about it right now. 

Any questions/concerns? Mostly just trying to figure out end of the year school stuff. MH works second shift so I’m worried baby will come during the school week and He’ll miss school and not get homework/studying done. Also juggling his appointments with a new baby. I currently take both boys for his monthly appts but not sure how we’ll manage that with a newbie. 

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  We took the boys to find out the sex over the weekend. It was really fun and DS1 was so excited to tell everyone he’s getting a sister. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: May 23rd/12+3

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 2 years 

How is/are your kiddo(s) doing? She’s good and healthy but won’t sleep in her own dang bed the last few nights

Any questions/concerns? 
    How did you come up with a second name? DH and I had DD’s name picked out since the beginning of TTC#1 in 2015 and could baaaaarely come up with a boys name during the pregnancy. Now, I have no girls name and we’re back to square one on boys.   any good book or website suggestions? Haha

GTKY: Do you have anything special or fun planned for your kid(s) that you are excited about this month?  nothing unique! We have my nephews 3rd birthday party this weekend, my dad’s party next weekend, then thanksgiving! Plenty to do ☺️
  • Options
    @mokay19 I'm with you on the names.  I loved DD's name and it was my clear #1 when pregnant the first time and now that we are having another girl I am struggling to find something I can possibly like as much this time around
  • Options
    @mokay19 We are having such a hard time with boys names. Ugh. I've looked at so many websites and there are none that we both love. One we both like ends similar to the end of our girl name, and I always swore I would never have twins with rhyming names or names starting with the same letter. And of course, the two names we like sound similar.  Ugh.
  • Options
    @mokay19 @bananapanda @ruby696 UGH +1 on being stressed about finding a second boy name.  I love love love DS's name, but it took us forever to find and agree on it, and now I'm so stressed it's the only boy name that exists that we both like enough to name our son.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @bananapanda @ruby696 @shamrocandroll
    I'm glad that I’m not alone! Every time that I try to write some options down or think about them I’m like “I don’t like that nearly as much as DD’s name” and then I feel bad!
  • Options
    We have a name picked out, actually DH picked it out while we were TTC and it grew on me. He also picked DS2’s name. I named DS1 because I had a dream about his name. Still lost on the middle name though. I don’t like the women in my family or DH’s enough to use any family names.
  • Options
    If this baby had been another boy we would have probably had a hard time naming him. Because she’s a girl, I’ve had her named since I was a child myself and fortunately MH has always liked that  name. It’s my great grandmothers name + my shared middle name with my grandmother. So she’s named, I’ve had a Pinterest board forever pretend decorating her hypothetical nursery, etc etc. I’ve been thinking about this little girl for a long time. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista how many boys do you have? I have 2 already and i'm totally out of boy names. I've also picked out a girl name since forever ago that DH likes. It's my grandmother's name. We also recently added another girl name we like. I'm crossing my fingers, but have a feeling i'll be digging into the baby name book for boy names again. 

• Options
    @mamaqdubu yes, we have two as well! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @rox7777 lol, if we have a boy I’m in trouble because H wants to name after his late father and I generally don’t like his whole family, and probably wouldn’t have liked his father, and actually don’t like the name 😂. We’re Jewish so there’s a strong tradition to name after dead relatives but I’m pretty against it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @brettanomyces Both of my boys have middle names from family and that was all I could do. I’m not a fan of reusing names in general, I like something new and different. 

Maybe you can compromise with the middle name. I refuse this time because I just really don’t like anyone that much. The women are a questionable bunch. 
  • Options
    @mokay19 @bananapanda

Same here on the girl’s name. We had our hypothetical girl name for years before we even tried, and now that’s used. We’re team green so we should really figure something out. Although we get three months after birth before we have to legally name our babies here, so we’d have some time after meeting her if it ends up being a girl 
    BabyFetus Ticker