Group 3 (May 17-24) Week of 11/11

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24) Week of 11/11

• EDD/weeks+days: 5/17 / 13+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out...eventually. 

Baby is the size of a(n): A lemon. A tamagotchi. 

Upcoming appointments: Today! Just a check up but still excited I might get to hear the hb. Hopefully baby isn't hiding.

How are you feeling? Starting to have more good days than bad but heartburn is ramping up like with DD. Some days I have to fight a headache. My thirst is extreme and I'm still ready for bed by 6pm. 😂

Raves/Rants: We might break the news to DD after the appointment today. Excited to finally tell her. She's been oddly drawing a new baby in her pictures...

Questions: None.

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My family Christmas cookies. They have anise in them but even people who've told me they don't like anise will rave about them (and eat a ton). They are an only at Christmas thing and the recipe makes like 12 dozen. They go at least back to my great grandmother and I still can't believe she did it without a modern Kitchen aid stand mixer.
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 23rd/12+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  green

Baby is the size of a(n): chicken nugget

Upcoming appointments: Nov 27th at my new practice with the midwife

How are you feeling? All around, less nauseous! Still just soooo exhausted. 

Raves/Rants: Today is Veterans Day and I scrolled back through some photos of DH in his uniform and it got me all emotional. 
    We went and saw Jurassic World Live last night and it was very cool!  After an initial freak out, DD did very well! And is obsessed with her new stuffed velociraptor haha

Questions: not now!

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe? 
    My dad’s chili. It isn’t really anything special but he adds more peppers and meat and less beans than most and I just love that. Mmm. 

@jrouge12 I had to google anise haha but, don’t worry, I doubt that I would predict to not like them if they’re cookies 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • @jrouge12 I hope your appointment goes well! Maybe you'll hear baby on the doppler?!  Also sometimes I think kids just know.

EDD/weeks +days: 5/24 12+1
    Baby is the size of: the Jurassic Park fossil on the cane.
    Upcoming appointments:dating US tomorrow and then next week for monthly visit.
    How are you feeling? I am fighting off a cold that sucks but I am doing better than last week other than really tired. 
    Raves/Rants: I feel like an ungrateful asshole but DF's family is helping us to get some updates done to the house before it is too cold and before the baby comes so we can rearrange bedrooms etc., but I am so sick of having people here every night, I feel like I have to entertain them and I just want to be lazy and take my bra off. Also, I wanted to wait and tell DS about the baby in a special way but instead he overheard DF on the phone (telling his cousin why we can't foster their kids) and called me out, I am disappointed about this.  
    Questions: none
    GTKY: my grandma's waffle sauce! Or her hot potato salad.
  • @mamaj1220 “waffle sauce”...? Like... syrup?
  • mamaj1220mamaj1220 member
    edited November 2019
    @mokay19 no lol it’s somewhere between pudding and syrup and is vanilla. To this day I don’t use regular syrup because it doesn’t taste as good

edit:forgot words
  • EDD/weeks+days: 12+1 / May 24

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I changed and decided to go team finding out. the real deal will be during the anatomy scan, but i ordered the sneak peek test just for funsies

Baby is the size of a(n): a plum i think?

Upcoming appointments: Friday, but i have to reschedule it because of meetings. hoping still sometime this week. 

How are you feeling? seems like the worst of the nausea is over, but traded itsel for headaches and dizziness. i'll take it.

Raves/Rants: i'm feeling really unproductive at work. i need a refresh. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? we have a recipe for polish pierogies. make them a few times a year! the best with sauerkraut!
  • @mamaqdubu that is how I am feeling with work too, I am thinking of asking for some off but I want to save it all for after baby is here, though we get a week of vacation every quarter so...
  • EDD/weeks+days: 12W5D - EDD: 5/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out Jan 3! 

Baby is the size of a(n): plum and/or tennis ball 

Upcoming appointments: Dec. 3 - just a check-up 

How are you feeling? I'm feeling great! I definitely feel like I have passed the 1st trimester exhaustion (although I'm still asleep by 9pm). Round Ligament Pain is the worst though - I don't think I really had it much with DS, but this time around it's definitely rearing it's ugly head. 

Raves/Rants: MH scraped my ice coated car this morning which was awesome as he has NEVER done that before! This week is pretty busy for us, but I'm glad because I'm so ready for thanksgiving break and busy = fast! 

Questions: Does anyone else never have questions for the OB? I feel like I'm bad at pregnancy because I never have questions - my follow up appointment after the NT scan was literally 2 minutes - 
    OB: scans look good, blah blah do you have any questions? 
    Me: nope 
    OB: alright, see you in 4 weeks! 

I feel like I should just make up questions to seem like I'm a better patient? Idk...

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?
    crawfish etoufee, gumbo, and red beans and rice recipes in my family have been passed down for generations and - though my dad is the best at cooking all three. My mom makes a mean red gravy (spaghetti sauce) but I don't have the patience to make it - so she will triple her batch and freeze some for me whenever she makes it!
  • @mamaj1220 getting sick on top of pregnant is just shit! I'm sorry you're dealing with a nasty cold - hopefully it passes soon!
  • @jrouge12 I hope everything went smooth at your appointment!
  • @jrouge12 Anise cookies sound delicious...  Hope your appointment went well!

@mamaj1220 I am intrigued and confused by waffle sauce. What is the consistency like?

EDD/weeks+days: May 24 / 12+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! Got my panorama blood draw on Halloween, now anxiously awaiting results...

Baby is the size of a(n): Plums!

Upcoming appointments: Nov 27. It feels like a really long time.

How are you feeling? Tired, but less nauseous.

Raves/Rants:  I'm starting three new people on my team at work in the next week. It's a good thing but an exhausting thing. I talked all day and I'm pretty sure I scared today's new person. Oops.

Questions: none right now.

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? DH's Nana's cornbread dressing. She passed this summer, I'm really glad we got her to write it down last Thanksgiving.
  • @mamaqdubu can you share the pierogi recipe?? Please??

@chewie5990 you must be southern 😂 I’ve never attempted cooking any of that stuff but when I worked in southern Alabama I took fuuuuulll advantage of eating everyone else’s cooking!

@louessbee are you finding out the sexes with the Panorama, too?
  • @mamaj1220 You might have a mutiny if you don’t share that waffle sauce recipe! It sounds amazing

@chewie5990 Don’t feel bad about no questions! I’m sure something will come up eventually. Also I bet your doctor secretly appreciates your lack of a laundry list unlike others like me.

@louessbee Those family recipes are the best, so glad you got it in writing before she passed. It’s a nice reminder of her every time you make the dressing.

EDD/weeks+days: 12+6 (Due 5/19)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! Anatomy scan December 5th 

Baby is the size of a(n): Ice cream scoop

Upcoming appointments: This Thursday 

How are you feeling? Much better, getting some energy back, though I did have to take a nap at noon today. Thank god I was working from home and could sneak one in.

Raves/Rants: Sorry I’ve been MIA for awhile. I had a bad episode of HG and I kind of started getting super anxious about everything baby and I needed a little break.
    Also, I’m a horrible person and MH and I are lying to family about EDD, saying it is one day earlier (5/18). That’s what we originally thought but then my dating scan said 5/19, which happens to be my mother’s birthday. We have a challenging relationship at times and I feel like if she knew my EDD was her birthday she would think that meant something special about her. I tell all non family the real date.

Questions: Had my NT scan last week and I’m pretty sure everything looked good, but they scheduled me for an early anatomy scan. I was excited at first but now I wonder if it’s because there’s something questionable that they saw. I’ll be asking at my appointment on Thursday.

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? MH’s nanny’s meatballs. They just aren’t the same when I make them. She supplies us with frozen meatballs regularly.
  • @mokay19 Yes! If they ever finish the test >< I called today to check on it and the poor guy on the phone was like "It says we received the sample on the first, and it does take five to seven days to run... And we're past that. Uhhh... This one is taking a little longer." I'm worried it's going to be insufficient fDNA and I'll have to get it drawn again.
  • @sunshinesea22 HG is the pits I was miserable with DS with it, honestly was going to be one and done because of it so I feel you if you ever need to vent feel free to OM me ❤️  Also I’ll have to dig out the recipe after my gram passed I haven’t had the heart to make it because it hits me in the feels.

@louessbee it’s like a syrup consistency but not sticky like syrup, it’s so hard to describe right lol but it’s so yummy
  • @mokay19 my family is from New Orleans and I grew up in Houston. Now I live in Colorado - so no more fresh yummy seafood for me!
  • @mamaqdubu I just got the sneak peek too! Sending it off tomorrow. But similarly I won't really trust anything until the anatomy scan haha. 

All of the recipes sound amazing - can we all share??

EDD/weeks+days: May 18/13 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming appointments: Dec 5th - no u/s but glucose challenge

How are you feeling? So much better. Starting to feel like I did before 6 weeks hit. I can barely remember that wonderful time.

Raves/Rants: I'm trying to find holiday gifts and I am just the worst at it. I hate it. Also craving poke and sushi 😭

Questions: nothing right now

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? A sour cream chocolate chip coffee cake that my brothers always ask me to make when I see them. I wish I could eat the batter right now. It's soooo good.
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 23th / 12+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appointments: November 25th

How are you feeling? Nausea has pretty much gone away. Still very tired, especially towards the end of the work day and headaches are starting up - not fun when sitting at a computer all day

Raves/Rants: I've noticed that a couple weeks after an appointment I start to get super anxious that something has gone wrong/could go wrong. Last night I read that Alec Baldwin's wife had a MC at 4 months and had a complete meltdown, which sucks even more because I was by myself in a hotel room traveling for work. Poor DH tried to calm me down on the phone.

Questions: none

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My mom makes this pasta that was passed down from some army wives cook book that's soo good, but for some reason I've never tried to make it myself.
  • @louessbee hopefully they’re just taking their time since it’s double DNA! 😄

@chewie5990 DH and I are already planning on ordering Louisiana crawfish next summer to have a boil up north now that we’re in our house. Aaaaand my stomach just growled thinking about that haha

@lisush I was just telling my friend how I would looove to eat about 7 sushi rolls right now!

@aneggnamedalex I hate when one of those stories catches you off guard and it’s so hard to calm the negative thoughts!
  • @mokay19 I will next time I’m digging around my recipe book! We should make a family recipe post so we can all steal from it! 
  • @lisush mine is supposed to be delivered today! I really wanted to get it back out today too so I could get it maybe by the end of the week, but as I’m on the east coast I don’t think it will happen by the weekend. 

Also yes to sushi! I’ve been still ordering cooked ones and veggie rolls. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: almost 13?

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out via NIPT next week

Baby is the size of a(n): ?

Upcoming appointments: first week of December I think

How are you feeling? So much better than I have been. Still retch on occasion but a lot more energy. 

Raves/Rants: None really come to mind. It's snowing right now which is pretty. 

Questions: 

My mom is not a great cook, but some meals really remind me of her in a nice way. Her meatloaf, chicken tenders cooked in italian dressing. But in our family, I'm the one who is going to be creating and handing down cooking/baking memories...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @mamaqdubu I don't remember if you have other kids so if so you may know this, but headaches can be sign of pre-eclampsia especially when combined with dizziness. I would check with my OB.  
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @mamaj1220 Waffle sauce sounds good!! 

@lisush Agree! It feels forever ago that I didn't feel nauseous. I think I like forgot how miserable I was with DD. Now I'm not trusting myself that labor wasn't that bad...

@louessbee I love cornbread. I might have to make some now that it's in my head.

@chewie5990 Thank you! It did. Heard the HB right away!! 
  • I just got really hungry catching back up on these...
  • @catem07 thank you! yes i have 2 other little boys. One of them gave me the tummy bug over the weekend, so i'm fairly certain it's from dehydration. I got dizzy my last few pregnancies due to dehydration as well. I just need to drink more water. But thank you so much for your concern. I have my OB check up on thursday, so i'll bring it up to her as well. 
  • @mamaqdubu Can I just chime in how hard it is to keep up with thirst during pregnancy? I'll finish a huge glass of water, have to pee 3 seconds later, and then be furiously thirsty again before I even flush. 😭
  • @mamaqdubujrouge12 Yes! I'm so thirsty all the time. My office building's water fountain doesn't have good water, so I feel like I'm buying so many water bottles to stay hydrated.
  • @aneggnamedalex I have been buying gallons of water and refilling my water bottle because our office water is gross too, I get the 80 cent ones at Walmart 
  • @jrouge12 @aneggnamedalex the struggle is real! My husband one day was like "where are all of our drinking glasses?", he then proceeded to walk around the house to all of my usual locations (next to my bed, my office desk, my craft space) and brought back like 10 empty drinking glasses from the last few days. Not only am I thirsty, but apparently I'm also lazy and just get new glasses every time im in the kitchen!
  • @mamaqdubu I keep doing that too but I’m already blaming pregnancy brain and forgetting where I have left them 
  • @mamaqdubu I was so sad I couldn't send mine out yesterday because of the holiday. Hoping it's done before the weekend! I'm also on the way coast but it got here so quickly! Gonna check the tracking tomorrow.

@jrouge12 I'm a FTM and I was like if this lasts for the entire pregnancy I may not have any more! I don't even want to think about labor! Lol

To all sushi lovers - I tried the beet poke rice bowl from Wegmans and it definitely helped the craving. I added some Sriracha and stuff too to pump it up.
  • @lisush ah i'm so excited about it. post here when you get the results back! do you have an idea one way or another? I'm 95% confident mine is a boy because my pregnancy has been so similar to my last 2. I'm putting mine in the mail today!
  • @mamaqdubu haha no clue. FTM and no gut feeling about it at all.
  • @lisush did you get your results back?!!
  • @mamaqdubu supposed to be tomorrow! Eeeeep! You send yours yet?
  • @lisush Mine is getting delivered today back to the lab. I’m not sure if they do weekend results or not, if yes then maybe tomorrow or Sunday.  I’ve been absolutely freaking out about it, and I don’t even know how much I’ll trust the result, especially if it says boy because there are so many in my household and the sample def got under my fingernail. Are you hoping for one way or another? (And yes I realize healthy baby is #1!)  
  • @mamaqdubu I think they *might* do weekend results! I also won't totally trust it until the anatomy scan. I'm fine with either but MH really wants a boy. So I'm more nervous about him being disappointed lol. He doesn't know that I did the test, so once I know the results I'll see how I wanna play this haha.
  • Got the results!!

I'm excited! Still not sure how to handle it with MH lol

• @lisush Congratulations! I feel like all guys think they want a boy, until they have a daughter and then they just melt. I’m sure your husband will handle it just fine, but keep us posted!