April 2020 Moms

Weekend Randoms - 11/9 & 11/10

What’s everyone up to this weekend??

Re: Weekend Randoms - 11/9 & 11/10

• I worked this morning. We may go out for dinner. We have been trying not to spend too much time out of the house since we're still early into the potty training process. Just transitioned out of naked bottoms at home to boxer briefs and DS is having some success! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @literatureandink Look at that face! So darn cute. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • DH took DS to get a haircut while I took a nap. Little man looks super cute. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @literatureandink So cute!! Now your pup can grow up with your kiddo!
  • @literatureandink so cute! Name? We got our dog when I was pregnant and with DD and it ended up being perfect timing.

@Kathryn0903 yay to underwear! That’s a big step. How’s he doing overall?

I went to a Christmas Market with MIL and my best friend this morning. Got some amazing handcrafted wall pieces for the nursery and yummy food. I’m going to a CFL playoff game tomorrow and I’m gonna freeze my butt off. I’m starting to regret my decision to go.

• @doraleigh35 he came with the name Truman which we’re kind of into, we’ll see if a new name emerges. Lol
  • @literatureandink who could resist that face?  How old is he? He still looks like a puppy! 

We had our 5 year old niece’s bday party yesterday and it was my first time at Chuck E Cheese (area I grew up in didn’t have one and never felt the need to go to one as an adult). It was so cute seeing her with her friends. I snuggled my 4 month old nephew and his 2.5 year old brother was latched on to DH. It was pretty adorable. 

Otherwise dealing with a headache/neck ache and some extremely dry sinuses. I bought some saline nasal spray and hope it helps. 
  • @doraleigh35 not doing too bad. Some accidents, but there's recognition of an 'uh oh'. He's also catching himself before an accident, too. I'm scared to leave the house with anything other than a pullup, but we we just had a grocery shopping trip this morning with no accidents in a pullup. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS woke us up before 5 this morning. Then, he didn’t want to take a nap. It’s been a cranky day in our house. He finally went down around 2:30 on my third attempt to get him to nap. I’m tired, but baby girl is moving around in there, so likely no sleep for me. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • We were busy with outside chores today since it was sunny and 50. Snow tomorrow so I'm glad we got the leaves done. 
    Now I'm making some baked potato soup for dinner.
  • @mandarenee898 He is 9 weeks old - a tiny little baby! We’re certainly tired over here but he’s fitting in great and we all love him!!
  • @doraleigh35 How was the game?  Ours is this weekend and I finally broke down and bought a heavy long down coat two sizes bigger than normal (it ran small too) since the one I ordered from Motherhood was basically a jacket and not heavy at all.  Luckily I got it from Marshall's so I saved a bunch but it was still way more money than I was looking to spend.  I'm also looking for advice on what pants to wear.  I'm going to see if I can squeeze into legging and jeans but also thinking I might double up regular legging and fleece leggings and skip the jeans, that might be warmer?
  • @KFrob it was very cold, but I survived. I wore my maternity jacket which is thinner but I layered like crazy. I wore DH’s cold weather gear (literally 3 shirts) and my North Face fleece under the jacket. Thankfully the jacket is big so everything fit under it.

There was no way I was fitting into snow pants, so I wore his long johns under my thickest maternity jeans and was fine. The best thing I did was bring a sleeping bag. If it’s even an option for you, do it. I I was completely covered and didn’t have to worry about constantly adjusting a blanket. Also had hand/foot warmers. I’ve sat through years of football games and this was the best prepared I’ve been. I was as comfortable as you can be at -15C/5F. I also peed as much as much as I could before so I didn’t have to get up during the game.
  • @doraleigh35 Thank you!  Our game won't be quiet as cold so I'm hoping a ton of layers should do the trick since I can't bring a blanket.  We did get some hand and foot warmers too.  
  • It was my birthday this weekend and We celebrated in Washington DC! We
    live in Maine now, but used to live in the DC area.  My husband planned a day of surprises, stayed in a really swanky hotel, got a prenatal massage, had some friends over, and out to eat at a nice restaurant that we had our first date at. 
  • @babyrummom happy birthday! That sounds like an awesome weekend and what a nice surprise!
  • @babyrummom Happy birthday! I’m glad you had a great trip. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @babyrummom happy birthday! 🎉
  • @babyrummom happy birthday to you!!! 
  • The sign I ordered with my baby’s name on it arrived broken. I paid $15 for shipping and they just stuck it in an envelope without adequate padding. So frustrated. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017