North Carolina Babies
Options

New to Charlotte, looking for OBGYN

Hi ladies,
My hubby and I are moving to Charlotte (more specifically, Huntersville) next week!
We have seen rave reviews for the doctors with Charlotte OBGYN Associates at CDC Main (with an office in Huntersville). We are also looking at Novant Huntersville OBGYN.
I have an important question - are they sensitive to women who are overweight/obese? Many times OBs want to rush to c-sections because they feel it's inevitable for bigger women, but I would like to try to have as natural a birth as possible in a hospital setting.

Thanks! This FTM is so excited (and a little nervous too!)!!

Re: New to Charlotte, looking for OBGYN

• Options
    I see that this is a bit old.  But did you find an OB? I am a patient at charlotte OBGYN.  I love it there.  Dr Yancey from their Huntersville office delivered my son and I have to say he was by far the best doc I've every seen.  I'm disappointed he is only at that office.  He joked with me throughout my entire labor and was so re-assuring.  Let me take my time during pushing and was very supportive of my decisions. Their uptown office is really fantastic.  They don't discriminate and are all really wonderful. Good Luck!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a patient with charlotte ob as well but with cmc main. they are so good. I originally was with another hospital but left after being misdiagnosed for years and just given pain killers. finally got to charlotte ob gyn where I was quickly put into surgery and helped. struggled with infertility and finally got pregnant this year! so I've had a lot of time with charlotte ob gyn and I'm very happy. plus their labor and delivery is top notch. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a patient with Novant I heard they have a great hospital in Huntersville. I would look into them. They've been great. 
  • Options
    I go to Huntersville OBGYN and I love the practice. Dr. Vuong is great. I went there after having a bad experience at Northcross OBGYN. 
  • Options
    Anyone have any experience with cmc northeast (cabbarus)? Had a bad experience at eastover and looking to switch.  I would like to stick with atrium.